Toilet emptying - Permission to bury 1 x cubic metre permit (England Only) (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You want to have a go at farming under eu rules regarding waste :Eeek: :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
they used to sell a device that you put soggy newspaper in and it squeezed the fluid out to make bricks to burn on the fire. bet it could be used for cassette loo contents. don't stand downwind of the smoke though

they cook on burning yak poo in mongolia

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You want to have a go at farming under eu rules regarding waste :Eeek: :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
There was a time that the Dutch were dumping pig slurry at sea because of it being hard to deal with on land by the rules, does this still happen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
The application kept asking if I was a farmer, then later was the person emptying it a farmer and would it be disposed of on farming land, seems lots of questions about farmers, what have farmers been up to, they seem very wary of anything to do with farming! ! x Square metre is not a lot but I remember seeing in the press the other week a farmer spraying his fields with human waste that apparently lawful to piss off a neighbour who kept complaining!

Here it is, makes my 1 x cubic Metre look minor https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...farmer-using-black-sludge-human-poo-farm.html

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well you can still spread pigshit, we still get EU de Porcine from time to time.
Only certain times of the year and certain places.
You can't even tip a barrow full of soil if it's from somewhere else.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I’m confused ... thought only time you used MH was when you went to south of France for 6 weeks with grandkids ... am I confusing you with someone else? Or not reading your posts properly?

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I’m confused ... thought only time you used MH was when you went to south of France for 6 weeks with grandkids ... am I confusing you with someone else? Or not reading your posts properly?
I put another post on here today about using the van more, I have been looking for inspiration of places to go, we are boring and wear a groove in our trip every year, same place. So having invested a LOT in a new motorhome I am going to give other places a go, I fancy going back home to Scotland and touring about but I understand Aberdeen has changed quite a bit. Problem is time, not for me I'm retired, but the wife who is still working, have been talking about her flying up and meeting me, so still discussing, grandkids will only be SoF for 6 weeks every summer.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/best-trip-ever-where-was-yours-and-why.205007/ (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only certain times of the year and certain places.
You can't even tip a barrow full of soil if it's from somewhere else.
Like the idiot that farms the field behind us gives a toss about EU rules.
Pyrotechnic birdscarers pointing at our house with no baffles, cutting down trees and bush's lining a small stream at the edge of the field as his machinary was hitting them. I personally witnessed him tell two police officers to "f*ck off and stop a motorist" when he reported kids riding motorbikes in the field and they said there wasn't much they could do.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If I recommend this site to someone as I do on occasions and the first thread they read is this one, what is it going to do for my street cred.....:blush:
You have some :D only joking

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Like the idiot that farms the field behind us gives a toss about EU rules.
Pyrotechnic birdscarers pointing at our house with no baffles, cutting down trees and bush's lining a small stream at the edge of the field as his machinary was hitting them. I personally witnessed him tell two police officers to "f*ck off and stop a motorist" when he reported kids riding motorbikes in the field and they said there wasn't much they could do.
Don't see much wrong with that, why should he have motorbikes riding round his fields, which I dare bet is against EU rules as well, change of use to pleasure

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
How may people on here have this exemption, it only applies to England so no idea what to do with my faeces in Scotland or Wales!

I never normally use the motorhome toilet but when I do I just take it out and carry it to the disposal point at the site I am at, BUT what do you do when you are wild camping and it is full?

Has anyone applied for the FREE D3 Waste exemption? Note it does NOT cover the T11WEE Exemption

When you receive your exemption you can dispose of 1 x Cubic Mtr of portable toilet waste per year, not sure how to measure that and if it just means solids, you need to bury it and there are conditions like you must not deposit waste within 10 metres of any watercourse or 50 metres of any spring, well or borehole. You can only bury waste at the place of production, this means the place where the toilet is used, if it becomes full in the last place I am at how do I work out which bit is what and from when, how would they know which bit was from who and where you expelled it, are they taking the p!ss :rolleyes: I am trying to keep within the law, this document was only published on the 12th of Sept so very current(y)

I am trying to apply but the site is sending me in circles, its pretty crap really! Now going to add spade to payload list (y)

NOTE: Even if you have the exemption you should NOT bury it on your pitch if there is a disposal site nearby, this is for wild camping! Apologies if this has been discussed in length before but I couldn't find it in a search on here.

That's a great post, especially since the Environment Agency is threatening to prosecute us for pollution because our off-grid household drains are not up to snuff, so they say. They have been like that since 1968 at least, but suddenly it's a problem. Now I can tell them it's ok, we'll just bury the crap in the garden instead. :)

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Can you all please focus and give me some questions you want answered when I call the office on Monday, I don't know the calculations of waste per day per person e.g. what does a 75kg person produce compared to a 100kg person OR is it to do with consumption? I can then calculate the total, I guess I will need to measure the flush volume per second and allocate seconds of flush, paper usage should be no problem as it tends to disintegrate. I just want to see how many trips I could do before I produce 1 x Metre of waste, I also want them to confirm if it is solids or liquid as well and best way to calculate it.

Taking a spare cassette could get me in the sh!t if I go overweight on payload :oops:

Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you all please focus and give me some questions you want answered when I call the office on Monday,
I doubt anyone has any questions.... Relevant ones anyway.
Edit... Monzer just proved my point :D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back