Toilet emptying - Permission to bury 1 x cubic metre permit (England Only) (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I did look at that but they are VERY expensive!
a second hand one was
£10 off a funster for me !
Often second hand ones on the forum or e bay . Taken but never used yet.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
His disappearance probably means it was another of his wind ups but the truth of it is I do know a bit about waste license's, and it's a very fine line with waste carrying, and if it came to it we are all waste carries moving it from one place to another so it wouldn't want many applications for them to wake up to it, especially if they were to start
charging for them which they do with legit waste carriers.
What a fiasco that would be, where when how are you going to dispose of it, inspections, red tape :Eeek: :Eeek:
No for god's sake don't mention it.

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Can we please try and stay on track!

I’m leaving now for a full day at the Southampton boat show, it would be nice to come back tomorrow and see some ‘sensible’ questions to put to the waste department!

We are going to measure our waste for a week (starting on solids) to try and work out how many days away would use our 1 cubic metre allowance, we will start tomorrow as my wife has point blank refused to take bags to the show today, she even questioned taking bags into her office in London but that is the only way to capture the data (no difference to dog bags), I will just weigh what she brings home over the week and within 7 days we should know. It would be interesting if others are doing the same so we can share the data.

The problem for me is I rarely use my lavatory in the van so have no idea how long it takes to fill, not being able to go fills me with terror, so if I’m off in my new van wild camping then I need to have everything planned, imagine your desperate and your red light comes on. Then what? you still have 2 days to go, in the middle of nowhere, THAT is the issue. Thanks

Last edited:

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Can you ask them if Chris is involved in this wind up?

I ask cos I’m sure Jim posted a change of name from Chris to 596.

I think the capitalisation may suggest 2 people amd I’m not sure Chris would keep a wind up going this long without it being French based as he’s such a Francophile.

But they might know of a link ....

Grianan

I believe Chris changed his name to 595 as a joke - he’s now reverted back to Chris.

The capitalisation is definitely a 596 thing. I did mention to him that it is generally associated with shouting.

Last edited:

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

I’m leaving now for a full day at the Southampton boat show, it would be nice to come back tomorrow and see some ‘sensible’ questions to put to the waste department!

We are going to measure our waste for a week (starting on solids) to try and work out how many days away would use our 1 cubic metre allowance, we will start tomorrow as my wife has point blank refused to take bags to the show today, she even questioned taking bags into her office in London but that is the only way to capture the data (no difference to dog bags), I will just weigh what she brings home over the week and within 7 days we should know. It would be interesting if others are doing the same so we can share the data.

The problem for me is I rarely use my lavatory in the van so have no idea how long it takes to fill, not being able to go fills me with terror, so if I’m off in my new van wild camping then I need to have everything planned, imagine your desperate and your red light comes on. Then what? you still have 2 days to go, in the middle of nowhere, THAT is the issue. Thanks

Why not buy a motorhome with a black tank? You can leave it for about 10 days before emptying. Also no chemicals,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One cubic metre will be average 300 man days of waste so 5 people around 60 days (y) :D2

These calculations are based on a cassette which I believe tends to use less water than a black tank system.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I give up, looks at a Morelo says price isn't s problem then buys a Swift and complains about it and now wants to bury a ton and a half of sh*t.

Perhaps he wants to bury the Swift after its disintegrated through water ingress it should fit in the cubic metre :ROFLMAO:

Edit:
Buying a Morelo wouldn't have been a problem but a 2nd cassette is expensive, who is this joker.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

This is meant to be a genuinely helpful post. Your experience of motorhoming seems to be 6 weeks in the South of France where you use all singing all dancing sites and don’t actually use your motorhome in the way it was intended to be used. Perhaps it would be better to try some little trips to some ordinary sites but use your own facilities until you get the hang of things. Then if you do misjudge it, no harm comes, you use the site facilities, empty your casette in the morning. Even when the red light comes on it’s only 80% full. Use your eyes as well if you’re worried your new van might have a fault, you can see if it’s near the blade. You keep asking questions , then if people give you advice you don’t like you get in a huff. Try using your motorhome a bit properly in the UK on sites before wildcamping.

Most of the threads on this forum go off track, it’s just the way it is, we don’t want it to change, that’s why it’s Motorhomefun not Motorhomexxxxx.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Don't worry son. You think you've got problems!!

It's 3.30am and I'm lying in bed waiting for sean Bean.. He hasn't turned up and reading this is my alternative. :(
I think I’ll have to send Nick on golf weekends more often, I’d quite forgotten how lovely Sean Bean was in Sharp. He’s a bit past his best nowadays but so am I. Thank you Joy for the reminder!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
you still have 2 days to go, in the middle of nowhere, THAT is the issue. Thanks

Oh Heck.... Having been to France during all your hols... Haven't you learnt something from them then??? Just buy a bucket and/or use mother Nature... Or may be nappies? Don't forget baby powder.... Lots!!!

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I put another post on here today about using the van more, I have been looking for inspiration of places to go, we are boring and wear a groove in our trip every year, same place. So having invested a LOT in a new motorhome I am going to give other places a go, I fancy going back home to Scotland and touring about but I understand Aberdeen has changed quite a bit. Problem is time, not for me I'm retired, but the wife who is still working, have been talking about her flying up and meeting me, so still discussing, grandkids will only be SoF for 6 weeks every summer.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/best-trip-ever-where-was-yours-and-why.205007/ (y)

I thought the shovel and hole licence only applied in Englandshire so not a great deal of use in Scotland
Aberdeen has changed a fair bit recently, most notably, the bypass round Stonehaven is now open so you can in fact avoid it altogether and focus on Deeside/Donside and the Highlands . ?

Last edited:

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Its the environmental issues and law, if everyone just emptied their cassettes wherever they wanted then imagine what would happen, what about the chemicals in it and wild animals, I am going to study the waste & recycling regulations over the weekend, it's fascinating, the link is here if you want something to read (y) https://www.gov.uk/environment/waste-and-recycling
Don’t know what sort of diet you’re on but I don’t have too many wild animals in mine ?

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016

Allow me to pose some questions for your planned telecommunication with officialdom on Monday.

1) Am I required to carry with me a 1m3 leakproof container that I use to bury in the ground in order to deposit my waste at the chosen site- I am concerned about the impact on the environment and would not wish to pollute the soil in my chosen location.
2) it would be more convenient if I could divide my annual allocation of 1m3 into day 10 deposits of 100litres each, thus allowing me to travel to different places. Would it be allowable to carry 10 x 100litre boxes instead of 1m3?
3). If no such containment is required, is there a possible impact on the pollution caused by my human waste on different soil types? Should I carry a pH meter or similar testing kit to try and achieve neutral pH?
4). Is there a particular depth of soil or turf I need to place over the container/hole in order to prevent the release of methane and other gases toxic to the environment?
5) Do you provide flag markers in order to identify where I have buried waste so that someone else with a licence doesn’t come along and use their allocated licence in my hole?
6) if flag markers are not provided, can I provide you with GPS location references of my various deposits? If so is there a particular GPS format you prefer.
7) If I use a larger motorhome, will a postcode do instead of a GPS reference?
8) There is no number 8
9) Do you have a monitoring system in place to check up on any deposits I may have made? Which local authorities have such arrangements and can I have the contact details of the officers involved so that I can discuss further?

Thanks in anticipation ☺

Last edited:
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Allow me to pose some questions for your planned telecommunication with officialdom on Monday.

1) Am I required to carry with me a 1m3 leakproof container that I use to bury in the ground in order to deposit my waste at the chosen site- I am concerned about the impact on the environment and would not wish to pollute the soil in my chosen location.
2) it would be more convenient if I could divide my annual allocation of 1m3 into day 10 deposits of 100litres each, thus allowing me to travel to different places. Would it be allowable to carry 10 x 100litre boxes instead of 1m3?
3). If no such containment is required, is there a possible impact on the pollution caused by my human waste on different soil types? Should I carry a pH meter or similar testing kit to try and achieve neutral pH?
4). Is there a particular depth of soil or turf I need to place over the container/hole in order to prevent the release of methane and other gases toxic to the environment?
5) Do you provide flag markers in order to identify where I have buried waste so that someone else with a licence doesn’t come along and use their allocated licence in my hole?
6) if flag markers are not provided, can I provide you with GPS location references of my various deposits? If so is there a particular GPS format you prefer.
7) If I use a larger motorhome, will a postcode do instead of a GPS reference?
8) There is no number 8
9) Do you have a monitoring system in place to check up on any deposits I may have made? Which local authorities have such arrangements and can I have the contact details of the officers involved so that I can discuss further?
10) Who killed Kennedy?

Thanks in anticipation ☺

Fixed it for you.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Here's a serious post...

We make on average 45kg of shite a year (or dung if you're vegetarian)
So a cubic metre is a couple of years worth?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back