I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is it that simple?
You are joking , it would have to be run past everyone who might think of using it, planning permission, see if it suits the "travelers" , back to committee, see how much a sign will cost, planning again for an actual sign, roads authority to see if it fits in with them, tender out for sign, health and safety, you are looking at well over three years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The council openly welcome campers and folk are still moaning :(

Ayrshire Roads Alliance boss Stuart Turner said the campers are not causing a nuisance.

He said: “They are visiting the town and we would not want to take action that would make them feel unwelcome.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So simple and cheap for the local authorities to put a sign up saying maximum stay two nights or parking fines will be applied.
Is it that simple?
Well it should be apart from the red tape society that has been created.
I asked because I have no idea . GJH is the man who probably knows how easy/difficult it is for them to add bylaws or if they would need one.
As far as I know, South Ayrshire council does not allow camping in its car parks so I don't know why they have allowed this person to do so.
If they were to allow it the necessary planning consents would have to be put in place. That is a straightforward process but there may be other considerations which mean (as with Scarborough for instance) that it is not practical to start the process in the first place. It also includes public consultation which can complicate it depending on what objections the public might raise.
Overall, though, it certainly isn't rocket engineering.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
They would need to change the Traffic Order and to do so would have to consult anyone it might effect. They do that by writing to everyone in the area telling them their plans and giving them different tick boxes for a reply. Depending upon those replies will direct what they do, but the replies are only guidance. For example you can imagine the replies for charging for local on street parking, but usually it still goes ahead. :gum:

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
The usual thing is a full consultation with general public who may be affected to tick the boxes which is then totally ignored. It reminds me of a planning application by Tescos which the residents objected to on mass at the meeting one planning oficer asked the tesco agent why they were continuing with the application answer the law says we have to consult with the public no where does it say we have to act on that consultation or take any notice of it:rolleyes:

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
and to do so would have to consult anyone it might effect

Councils and other pseudo corporations pretending to be 'public' always have to 'consult'.

This is to find out if someone above you in the Lodge has a problem with it, the general public are simply ignored. The word 'consult' is like 'tackle' and 'negotiate', a fluffy, opposite word to make people feel better while you ignore them.

Freedom and Democracy.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I have and do so! So again I say Get over it!
Why rant and rave on here when if the bloody truth is known...We are all as bad as each other!

Take note....We.....

Go on...tell me you are a saint and you live the life of one! Tell me you have done no wrong on your travels . You know what I mean..The kind of stuff involving grey waste under a hedge or drain tap open when on the go! Go on...Dare you to prove it

Something about "People in glass houses"......!

LOL

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I am surprised, @ambulancekid that you didn't ask the guy why he was parked up for so long and advised him that his potential long stay was upsetting residents and potentially harming shorter stops for other motorhomers, just to get his reasoning and reaction. You have obviously driven past him a few times and it does appear to annoy you.?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The whole problem with the guy is that he point blank refuses to take advice, apart from that he seems to be a friendly bloke.
I am surprised, @ambulancekid that you didn't ask the guy why he was parked up for so long and advised him that his potential long stay was upsetting residents and potentially harming shorter stops for other motorhomers, just to get his reasoning and reaction. You have obviously driven past him a few times and it does appear to annoy you.?

See post 68 - I think he has. :D

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
See post 68 - I think he has. :D
I don't think he has, he merely states that he point blank refuses to accept advice. @ambulancekid doesnt say anywhere he has spoken to the guy to put his point over or advised a response, but I am happy to be corrected? :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
He is misusing his blue badge, the disabled card holder is NOT supposed to stay with the vehicle....so he should not be there.

Taken from the Gov site:
  • You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.

So, it would appear, if he is solo then there is no misuse.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm not taking any issue with the guy being disabled Sue, however what I'm about to say is secondhand & I personally haven't seen this but, the locals claim that he happily picks
up his toilet cassette or grey water container & wanders up to the public toilet to empty it, they also claim that he walks along to the Citadel leisure centre which is a considerable walk of about half a mile. I myself am disabled & my wife Mrsambulancekidd has MS, so we are all too aware of blue badge issue's so I feel well qualified to comment.

The issue I take is with the outside of his motorhome which is piled up with stuff & resembles a travellers site, I'm down that way this evening, so I'll take a few photo's.
I feel that he will blow it for everyone by abusing the lax attitude of the LA.
South Ayrshire council are very much a live & let live council where motorhomes are concerned. IMHO he is being selfish.

Most of the area's used by wild campers are near beaches & it'd be very easy for the council to put height barriers up if this abuse carries on. Furthermore the area where this twerp camps is the infamous Fort area, they're very well known for getting their way with the council as a whole.

I'm not against wild camping, quite the opposite in fact but, I'd hate to be a problem or irritation to any local folk & if asked to move on I would do so instantly.
I think this is the way most funsters would behave, in fact its written in Jim guide to
wild camping.

Dead simple in this case. If he has been seen by you to walk a considerable distance and carry his grey and black then report him.
However, his disability might have nothing to do with his ability to walk and carry stuff. Just sayin (No G)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Two ways of looking at this to be honest

I too think 3 months is taking the piss

I also think considering my mum had her blue badge revoked a few years ago that he isn't deserving of one.

BUT

I'm also fed up of councils putting barriers and pay machines etc in every layby around the highlands , stopping wild camping/free parking by motorhomes around the country etc.

At some point these authorities, councils etc simply claimed a lot of land that didn't technically belong to them etc

Society is a way of keeping people prisoner , and conforming whether you want to or not and more and more people are trying to escape from that.

He's only doing what many others do in other countries and in other places.

How he doesn't get bored in one place that long beats me though

And how if the locals are annoyed with him his vans not been targeted I don't know.

But whether it's one van on the same spot for 3 months or 100 different vans on the same spot for 1 night probably doesn't make much difference

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If he has been seen by you to walk a considerable distance and carry his grey and black then report him.

If you read my post properly you'll see that I at no time claimed to have seen this gentleman carrying his toilet cassette or grey water waste to the nearby toilet block.

If the local folk are seeing this behaviour, its up to them to report their issues & take advice given by the DWP.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you read my post properly you'll see that I at no time claimed to have seen this gentleman carrying his toilet cassette or grey water waste to the nearby toilet block.

If the local folk are seeing this behaviour, its up to them to report their issues & take advice given by the DWP.
And, with respect, if you read my post, I didn't say you had seen him.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So simple and cheap for the local authorities to put a sign up saying maximum stay two nights or parking fines will be applied.
It appears that common sense is now one of the least common atributes inpoor old Blighty nowadays, as anyone checked what is in the flipping water.
As I said in an earlier post, it wouldn't make any difference to the residents complaining.
Two days and move on making room for another van to stay for two days.
There's still a van permanently parked in the same bay and the residents wouldn't differentiate between one white box and another.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As far as I know, South Ayrshire council does not allow camping in its car parks so I don't know why they have allowed this person to do so.
But then, Scarborough Council don't allow Blue badge concessions in its carparks but do for metered on-street parking bays.
Is there a difference as he is in an on-street bay?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
But then, Scarborough Council don't allow Blue badge concessions in its carparks but do for metered on-street parking bays.
Is there a difference as he is in an on-street bay?
It will depend on the terms of the Traffic Regulation Order. As it is not available on-line you will need to send an e-mail to enquiries@ayrshireroadsalliance.org and ask them.

Elsiepatricia

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2008
I do feel offended by some of the posts. I have a blue badge AND an electric bike until I won't be able to ride it and give in to a wheelchair or a tryke .... willingly swop my health and mobility issues for my life back. Walk in my steps for a day or two before judging

As to the chap he could well be the horrible, selfish person portrayed but I've missed the post that said they have spoken to him ????

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I do feel offended by some of the posts. I have a blue badge AND an electric bike until I won't be able to ride it and give in to a wheelchair or a tryke .... willingly swop my health and mobility issues for my life back. Walk in my steps for a day or two before judging

As to the chap he could well be the horrible, selfish person portrayed but I've missed the post that said they have spoken to him ????

I’m afraid that with the new guide lines on renewing your blue badge you will lose it if you can ride a bike....

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My mum lost her blue badge under the new regs and she can't walk more than a few feet unaided.

I believe that's being reassessed now but she hasn't had it for the last few years

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
If he's not breaking the law then, it's the envious residents that will cause the problem. We need to start slagging them off :giggler:
Not a case of envious residents , being selfish I would say, we have same problem parking on seafront n/s wheels up on Prom. to level out, waste water draining to where children play on beach , emptying toilets done in public toilets , dirty s*ds,( and don't say they don't spill it on the floor because they do) they want to watch out last Sunday a Policeman and a Community Officer ran out of Tickets for Illegal Parking,

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
If they were to allow it the necessary planning consents would have to be put in place. That is a straightforward process but there may be other considerations which mean (as with Scarborough for instance) that it is not practical to start the process in the first place. It also includes public consultation which can complicate it depending on what objections the public might raise.
Overall, though, it certainly isn't rocket engineering.
Well a sign saying two nights only would mean in that space? I'd move up two or three spaces and start again. My take on it is that he's an old man in an old van, leave him alone.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
How many of the folk moaning here, will this directly affect?

Lots, he's a selfish git & will end up ruining a privilege that lots of wild campers enjoy in Ayrshire.
South Ayrshire council are very laid back about motorhomes down by the beach but, at a stroke of the pen this can & will stop.
We often moan about councils putting up barriers & stopping motorhomes from parking up, its not difficult to see why when selfish gits behave like this.

So what your saying is that we mustn't miscall this selfish git because he's disabled?????
If that's the case why do I get so much flak on here? I'm disabled but, when I deserve flak I get it.

It is views such as your which irritates disabled people by drawing attention to their disabilities as opposed to who they really are.
I am not a disability, I am a person.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back