I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I was down at Ayr beach on friday night & saw quite a few motorhomes but, then in a disabled bay is this guy (see below).
There were piles of stuff outside his Swift Kon-Tiki & it looks like he's here for the summer again!
The locals are furious about this abuse of a disabled bay although he has a blue badge & he feels that he is doing nothing wrong.
I fear that he is going to blow it for everyone who enjoys parking at this beautiful beach which overlooks the Isle of Arran.
I must add that despite his motorhome being elderly it does look very tidy, well that's until you look at the junk outside it.
Sorry that the news feed is an old one but, the same problem exists.

Thought's???

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
must Be a nice view from there ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There must be lots of brits doing similar on the continent-anywhere for a freebie holiday:)

If you check the google street view link that hilldweller put up , further down the esplanade there are signs prohibiting the parking of campervans and coaches but there are 2 panel vans parked close together with camp chairs out. The guy appears to be legitimately parked , well within the end bay and making full use of his space.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
An enforced time limit with fines would soon sort that problem out.
Its always very annoying when you see people taking advantage of the kind gestures put in place for all to enjoy, especially Blue Badge Facilities which we rely heavily on.
I hope they manage to get rid of this scumbag as he is taking the P, and all those that need disabled parking.
If he can ride a bike then he is mobile, more than most with Blue Badges I might add.
Where is he emptying his cassette,grey waste and finding fresh water, I wonder?

Les

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
An enforced time limit with fines would soon sort that problem out.
Its always very annoying when you see people taking advantage of the kind gestures put in place for all to enjoy, especially Blue Badge Facilities which we rely heavily on.
I hope they manage to get rid of this scumbag as he is taking the P, and all those that need disabled parking.
If he can ride a bike then he is mobile, more than most with Blue Badges I might add.
Where is he emptying his cassette,grey waste and finding fresh water, I wonder?

Les
checking the Google street view there are some toilets just up the road behind the van, he has a mobility scooter so can easily transport his cassette that short distance

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Well personally I think the guy must be extremely selfish and isn’t showing any consideration for other disabled drivers or disabled passengers etc. I’m sure it is a truly lovely setting and being “free” to stay there all summer must fill him with joy but sadly, if we all thought the same way as this guy then our car parks and beauty spots would be full of motorhome owners parked up for weeks on end. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti wild camping, we like to wild camp from time to time ourselves but only ever for 1 night and only if we are not causing a problem or obstruction to anybody else! As a blue badge holder myself, I would never dream of taking up a disabled bay in our motorhome for an excessive length of time. My conscience just wouldn’t let me do that as I know how much I appreciate the benefit of being able to park close or nearby to places we wish to visit etc.
Unfortunately, there are some people who only look after number one in life and this guy is obviously one of these such people!

Last edited:
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I was going to add that I wondered if he'd messed up and his MOT was due next week but a quick check tells me it's not due in till June next year.

This guy doesn't miss a trick (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Their`s always ONE!. The P taker who eventually will B88ger it up for all!!. Yes what he is doing is likely (semi) legal, due to the lack of any "posted" signage. But even that is doubtful, a Blue badge is time limited (3hrs). I still think what will happen is the L-A will prohibit Camping, and that will be another "one night" stop gone as well.!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hayling island was free for disabled badge holders. I have never seen so many badges displayed and those people were always there. The aire is no more what does that tell you
Blue badge holders are worse than FLT?

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
what I am saying is because its free they can and do overstay (not all I must add) people where abusing the system it became a joke at Hayling Island. So the council stopped overnighting after pressure form residents and campsite owners so we all lose out.

I spoke to a bloke who said I should get myself a blue badge save myself a fortune.

Was also a incident in Hove by King Alfred few years back by the nice ice cream place 2 motorhomes camped up for weeks displaying blue badges.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But even that is doubtful, a Blue badge is time limited (3hrs).
A blue badge is time limited to 3hrs if parked on double yellows etc but if in a disabled bay there is no limit, unless officially signed.
Locally, ANY on street parking bay is unlimited and free with a blue badge.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm a FLT but that is taking the piss. Says council is looking making it time limited parking. If they do sensibly something like max stay 48hr no return within 7 days. That would suit most Motorhomes who want to stay for a day or two.
But it would make no difference to the residents who are complaining.
They will still still see a motorhome parked everyday whether its the same one or a different one.

A 'no sleeping in vehicle' bylaw, as they have in Scarborough, would make more sense if it were policed but it wouldn't be so no point.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Not sure what he has done wrong to be honest? If he has a blue badge whats the issue? Its not like he's a tinker or whatever taking the "P" . He has a nice truck and is displaying the correct badge of approval ....Personally...get over it! Why be jealous? He has only done what we all would do if in the same situation!

bill1950

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
this is for pappajohn

As a blue badge holder, well the wife technically, thank you very much for clarifing double yellow lines with a disabled parking bay/s inbetween them. You will find this situation on Skegness sea front, I asked a local street warden ( I assume he was local anyway,) for clarification and his reply was to be on the safe side use the car park. You are a mine of information thanks. Also to comment on Rob if thats what you think you try and get one. Took me a long to get one for my wife after she decided to have a heart attack without asking me. She was always inconsiderate ouch !! sorry dear didnt see you looking over my shoulder.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back