I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Well I have to say the only people I see making a big deal about this is the folk on here.

This guy has been doing this at least 5 years now as the first time it was brought up on here I was with my ex partner and had my mobilvetta euroyacht and i was on my previous motor home fun account which I left in 2014 and only rejoiced in August 2017

I remember when the thread was on here about it we were through that way and I parked up a few spaces along from the guy and said hello to him briefly I remember uploading a photo to the thread here at the time

Now if the police and the council etc have done nothing about him so far why do folk suddenly think they are going to do it now?

I'll be more than happy if the police & SAC leave him in peace, as will anyone else who wants to enjoy this rare privilege on Ayr beach.

Every fibre of my being wants to see him enjoy himself & as has often been said "he isn't doing anyone any harm" which he's not, but I've seen what this council group are capable of & they're inability to move his is actually quite refreshing.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The issue I suspect is one of Perception. Someone comes spends a day or two and moves on. No one unless an absolute Pedant, takes much notice. They look, look away and a few days later they look again different unit. What is different with this particular unit is that it is an (almost) permanent feature. The sort of feature that get noticed, the sort of feature that gets the local "jobsworths" incensed. From (bitter) experience fighting a local "Jobsworth" it can and will eventually escalate to a level that is likely to involve "authorities" who then invoke the ethos of "oh Dear must cover my arse" which prevades all L-A`s. and the next thing is a loss of a facility across the board as not one "public servant" will step up (ever) and use either discretion nor common sense. That disappeared with local Bobbies and and the quick clip round the ear. It is never the case in any "town hall". Eventually like happened at Scarborough the "new" regime is introduced and everyone loses.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The issue I suspect is one of Perception. Someone comes spends a day or two and moves on. No one unless an absolute Pedant, takes much notice. They look, look away and a few days later they look again different unit. What is different with this particular unit is that it is an (almost) permanent feature. The sort of feature that get noticed, the sort of feature that gets the local "jobsworths" incensed. From (bitter) experience fighting a local "Jobsworth" it can and will eventually escalate to a level that is likely to involve "authorities" who then invoke the ethos of "oh Dear must cover my arse" which prevades all L-A`s. and the next thing is a loss of a facility across the board as not one "public servant" will step up (ever) and use either discretion nor common sense. That disappeared with local Bobbies and and the quick clip round the ear. It is never the case in any "town hall". Eventually like happened at Scarborough the "new" regime is introduced and everyone loses.
To be honest I'm not sure what the local authority could do anyway , it's roadside parking so they can't put a height barrier up, they can't remove the disabled spaces, all they can do is put up a sign , a sign the majority including myself will ignore. The Scottish police won't enforce it they never have enforced the no overnight parking signs, they've more important things to do and there's not enough of them.
So they would have to get traffic wardens in which will just move the problem elsewhere on to any side straight with no restrictions.

So they are best doing what they've done the last 5 years

Which is nothing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RobL

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
I was down at Ayr beach on friday night & saw quite a few motorhomes but, then in a disabled bay is this guy (see below).
There were piles of stuff outside his Swift Kon-Tiki & it looks like he's here for the summer again!
The locals are furious about this abuse of a disabled bay although he has a blue badge & he feels that he is doing nothing wrong.
I fear that he is going to blow it for everyone who enjoys parking at this beautiful beach which overlooks the Isle of Arran.
I must add that despite his motorhome being elderly it does look very tidy, well that's until you look at the junk outside it.
Sorry that the news feed is an old one but, the same problem exists.

Thought's???

If he had a new motorhome would that be ok? All the junk outside?? What a chair,bike and what looks like a cool box. He's 82 leave him alone!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back