I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
This is how selfish he is...…..he ALWAYS parks in the disabled space nearest access to the beach, why does he need to do that when he can clearly manage to lug his toilet cassette across to the public toilets which are at least 200yds from his MH!

He cares not a jot for any other disabled person who may REALLY need that parking space...….sod them if they fancy trying to get onto the beach.

I do not understand why anyone would think that parking a couple of spaces along would make a difference to him...….I bet that if SAC do put a stop to it he will be the first moan and create merry hell over it.....

I have no problem with anyone wilding like this, what I have a problem with is when they take the piss and are pretty damned selfish about it.....there's no need to be there for the whole summer.

Disagree with me if you wish, but only if your prepared to meet me at dawn & have fisticuffs.:coolest::boxing:

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
This is how selfish he is...…..he ALWAYS parks in the disabled space nearest access to the beach, why does he need to do that when he can clearly manage to lug his toilet cassette across to the public toilets which are at least 200yds from his MH!

He cares not a jot for any other disabled person who may REALLY need that parking space...….sod them if they fancy trying to get onto the beach.

I do not understand why anyone would think that parking a couple of spaces along would make a difference to him...….I bet that if SAC do put a stop to it he will be the first moan and create merry hell over it.....

I have no problem with anyone wilding like this, what I have a problem with is when they take the piss and are pretty damned selfish about it.....there's no need to be there for the whole summer.

Disagree with me if you wish, but only if your prepared to meet me at dawn & have fisticuffs.:coolest::boxing:
Sorry can't oblige you on that as then I would probably need a disabled badge ::bigsmile: and i understand their in short supply where you are ;) Any way I completely agree with you if everything is as it seems. Personally although I have been taking part in the parking eye thread as a FLT I prefer to keep a low profile and not upset locals etc but I do take exception to people telling me what I can or cant do when I am not interfering with anyone

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I was going to suggest meeting, stripping to the waist & fighting like a man.......but you (male) funsters just seem to that idea a little too much.....:unsure:::bigsmile:
Any way I completely agree with you if everything is as it seems.
It is, he always does the same thing and if he was honest about his mobility he would NOT qualify for a badge anyway because they have tightened up the rules so much now.
but I do take exception to people telling me what I can or cant do when I am not interfering with anyone
You maybe don't but he does by hogging the closest possible disabled space to the beach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sep 22, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
since 1985
He’s 82, give the Bloke a break. At least he’s paid his Taxes unlike the Travellers who don’t, not to mention the Crap they leave behind.
Wild Camping one Night or Three Months doesn’t make it right.

Sneaky Blinder

Free Member
Jul 12, 2019
South Ayrshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr E560
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Well, this thread has certainly caused a kafuffle !

? :Eeek::dm::RollEyes:

I've no axe to grind, nor side to support, so try to give this issue an unbiased point of view.

Firstly, a few facts...

1. I live in Ayr.
2. I do not own a motorhome...yet.
3. I am disbled and unable to walk more than 50 metres.
4. I do not have a blue badge.

If the gentleman in question is not breaking any local laws then he's in the clear, legally.

However, there are moral issues involved.

He is being selfish, insensitive, and restricting access to the beach front for other blue badge holders.

His motorhome is an eyesore for locals, although many are residents of elderly care homes along the front, my mother-in-law being one, and may not remember it from day to day.

The real issue here are the rules regarding overnight parking, camping, and blue badge exemptions.

So, any anger with the issue should suely be taken up with them ???

But wait, if SAC change their rules, will that not effect "wild camping" rules within their jurisdiction ?

Directly affecting both the OP, and EVERY other wild camper in South Ayrshire ???

Like I said...a real kafuffle !

Anyways, mother nature has an excellent way of resolving problems...not long now before the Autumn storms blow in, (particularly bad on the West coast of Scotland), and that salt water plays havoc with the bodywork on vehicles...

:pop:?

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I was down at Ayr beach on friday night & saw quite a few motorhomes but, then in a disabled bay is this guy (see below).
There were piles of stuff outside his Swift Kon-Tiki & it looks like he's here for the summer again!
The locals are furious about this abuse of a disabled bay although he has a blue badge & he feels that he is doing nothing wrong.
I fear that he is going to blow it for everyone who enjoys parking at this beautiful beach which overlooks the Isle of Arran.
I must add that despite his motorhome being elderly it does look very tidy, well that's until you look at the junk outside it.
Sorry that the news feed is an old one but, the same problem exists.

Thought's???

Since I grew up there I think perhaps they should drown him ?

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
must Be a nice view from there ??

It will be stunning. That is why it should be shared and enjoyed by everyone not just some selfish individual. If he wants to stay all summer he should rent or buy a flat

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I'd think it's because it's a parking place and for three months surely that's camping?

Nail on the head. If the locals get the hump there will be a sign up saying no mohos soon and it will be his fault. Just be fair about things and it would be a good place for a few days maybe a week. But three months!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well a sign saying two nights only would mean in that space? I'd move up two or three spaces and start again. My take on it is that he's an old man in an old van, leave him alone.
It would depend on the wording of the order. The norm is to make the X nights applicable to the car park as a whole because council officers are wise to selfish %^T***s.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
He may not be visibly disabled but could still qualify??
I know that, but he does not need that space if he can carry a heavy item for 200yds, he can be considerate to others.....just 1 or 2 spaces along would do.
Well, this thread has certainly caused a kafuffle !

? :Eeek::dm::RollEyes:

I've no axe to grind, nor side to support, so try to give this issue an unbiased point of view.

Firstly, a few facts...

1. I live in Ayr.
2. I do not own a motorhome...yet.
3. I am disbled and unable to walk more than 50 metres.
4. I do not have a blue badge.

If the gentleman in question is not breaking any local laws then he's in the clear, legally.

However, there are moral issues involved.

He is being selfish, insensitive, and restricting access to the beach front for other blue badge holders.

His motorhome is an eyesore for locals, although many are residents of elderly care homes along the front, my mother-in-law being one, and may not remember it from day to day.

The real issue here are the rules regarding overnight parking, camping, and blue badge exemptions.

So, any anger with the issue should suely be taken up with them ???

But wait, if SAC change their rules, will that not effect "wild camping" rules within their jurisdiction ?

Directly affecting both the OP, and EVERY other wild camper in South Ayrshire ???

Like I said...a real kafuffle !

Anyways, mother nature has an excellent way of resolving problems...not long now before the Autumn storms blow in, (particularly bad on the West coast of Scotland), and that salt water plays havoc with the bodywork on vehicles...

:pop:?
Thank you for a sane and balanced view...….'ahhhh bisto'.(y)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Why does using the end disabled bay stop others from accessing the beach? The pavement appears to be wide enough in front of the van and he has not parked in the hatched area. Seems to be lots of empty disabled bays.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I was down at Ayr beach on friday night & saw quite a few motorhomes but, then in a disabled bay is this guy (see below).
There were piles of stuff outside his Swift Kon-Tiki & it looks like he's here for the summer again!
The locals are furious about this abuse of a disabled bay although he has a blue badge & he feels that he is doing nothing wrong.
I fear that he is going to blow it for everyone who enjoys parking at this beautiful beach which overlooks the Isle of Arran.
I must add that despite his motorhome being elderly it does look very tidy, well that's until you look at the junk outside it.
Sorry that the news feed is an old one but, the same problem exists.

Thought's???

Well technically the guy is entitled to park as long as he likes, unfortunately that will spoil it for the rest of us, I have a blue badge and No, they do not give them out like confetti, at least not here in Swansea, mine was refused on renewal once even though I am on a considerable amount of medication and need crutches to get about, it was only reinstated after a letter from my consultant. However, I wouldn’t think of overnighting for more than two nights either blue badge or not, also not all disabilities are visible But, if he can ride a bike he certainly doesn’t qualify for a blue badge, I reckon he’s been pulling the wool, so to speak, It might be an idea to contact the council that issued the badge, and give them the name and number on the badge, registration no. where it is parked on a regular basis for prolonged periods, And tell them you feel the badge is being used by someone who doesn’t seem to have any mobility issues as he is capable of riding a bike, because there is so much widespread abuse of badges I know that our council and many others would be more than happy to look further into it, the photo of the person it is issued to is on the reverse side of the badge which I’ve always thought to be ludicrous, as when you see the person you don’t know if it’s their badge or not, worth thinking about, there’s more than one way to skin a cat as they say, and it could prevent a ‘no Motorhomes overnight’ sign being put in place.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
You couldn't make it it up..........................
But you just did, or at least they did.
It was stated on the news recently
the chemicals from food washing up liquid etc frit will eventually
the chemicals from food washing up liquid etc frit will eventually kill the hedge .
When on rallies with the C&CC and MCC, Farmers and landowners always advise disposing of grey waste along the hedges and bushes the C&CC also advise it, as do most C/L & CS owners so I don’t see how it can be that detrimental to the hedgerows. just saying.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do we definitely know he hasnt got a bed ridden wife inside?

Sep 19, 2018
Snowdonia
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Not sure what he has done wrong to be honest? If he has a blue badge whats the issue? Its not like he's a tinker or whatever taking the "P" . He has a nice truck and is displaying the correct badge of approval ....Personally...get over it! Why be jealous? He has only done what we all would do if in the same situation!

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Recently renewed TinaL Blue badge as its 3 year term had run out.
I can tell you, its no longer a piece of cake to get one, it took ages to fill the form in and she would not have got one unless she qualified for the higher rate of Personal Independence (PIP) which is also a nightmare to get.
Her Disability Living Allowance finished when the new PIP regime came in, and she had a home harassment/assessment for PIP, which we had to appeal the result of, to get the higher rate that she previously had, as they do not take medical evidence from GP's or consultants any more without the home visit/assessment.
Well the new blue badge appeared on the doorstep, and its only valid for 11 months, not 3 years!
Why you may ask, its because her next PIP review date is in 11 months, and the Blue Badge expiry date has to tie up with the PIP entitlement review date.
So no more confetti Blue Badges I think.
PS: it still doesn't stop the illegal use by some of the Blue Badge Holders healthy family or friends:mad: which really Pees me off, and I do challenge them face to face and dob them in to the council if they give me the two finger salute.
Blue Badge misuse needs to be cracked down on, with the £1000 fine being imposed on the abuser.

Les

I totally agree, Mike’s is due for renewal in September, and it took me over an hour to complete the form last night. I was nearly at the end when their system crashed and I received an apology and asked to start again! The air was a little blue, never mind the badge.

I have spent another hour this morning filling it in and can confirm that the evidence they need and the questions asked are far far more intrusive than our previous renewal process. Mike does not qualify for the PIP so we will have to see if they accept all the evidence from the hospital and doctors etc.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Ok time to answer a few questions which have arisen about this old boy, there have been so many points that its not practical to answer every individual posting.

Firstly, I am not jealous of the old boy, in fact I don't think any of the posting by anyone show jealousy.
Secondly, my van is pretty elderly, so its not about the age nor the condition of his van & I've maintained from the off that his van is very smart, clean & presentable.
His disability or blue badge isn't the issue either, the problem would be exactly the same if he didn't have a badge & parked a wee tad further along the beach.
So to the elephant in the room, IMHO its obvious that he is going to carry on doing this til he slips his mortal coil or he is removed using the law.
Now he is breaking the law but & its a big but, so do I. An awful lot of us do when we "wild camp" the simple salient facts are that with a few exceptions its illegal to camp in a motorhome on anything other than your own property or a recognised site.
I suspect that most of our community wild camp responsibly & do our level best to avoid upsetting anyone however this does not make it legal.

Where my big issue rears it ugly head is that this guy will incur the wrath of the local council area in Ayr known as the Fort! They're notorious for getting their own way & very often to the detriment of the town as a whole.
A lot of the motorhome fraternity stop down at Ayr beach for a night or two & I've often been surprised by the fact that the Fort brigade tolerate this (perhaps their grip is slipping) camping at all but, everyone seems to turn a blind eye. I think this is a win, win situation as long as no-one takes the mickey but, sadly that's exactly what this old boy is doing.
If he were in the nearby Blackburn carpark I'm not so sure it'd be an issue, no-one would be overlooking him, although there are no motorhomes or overnight parking allowed signs in this car park.

I was born & bred in Ayr & my last house overlooked Arran but, that for me was too close to the bloody beach, I'm not a beach type of person, I'm a countryside guy & happy to be so.

Hope that answers some of the points raised, I'm not a killjoy nor easily offended, in fact myself & this old boy are very much alike but, with the exception of our idea of what is acceptable & what isn't.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I have to say the only people I see making a big deal about this is the folk on here.

This guy has been doing this at least 5 years now as the first time it was brought up on here I was with my ex partner and had my mobilvetta euroyacht and i was on my previous motor home fun account which I left in 2014 and only rejoiced in August 2017

I remember when the thread was on here about it we were through that way and I parked up a few spaces along from the guy and said hello to him briefly I remember uploading a photo to the thread here at the time

Now if the police and the council etc have done nothing about him so far why do folk suddenly think they are going to do it now?

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In fact a simple search on here brought up the original thread

I commented on that saying I was heading over that way but the pic I took must have been on one of my own threads after that

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back