I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
And he is 82!
I don't disagree with you, but what on earth has being 82 got to do with it, disabled yes, but age no. The amount of black looks you get from the elderly if you don't have grey hair is something else, some of them (not all) seem to think it's a qualifier.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
the chemicals from food washing up liquid etc frit will eventually kill the hedge .

No, regular shampoo and washing up liquid waste won't harm a hedge. Where our campers throw a lot of grey you get more vegetation not less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No, regular shampoo and washing up liquid waste won't harm a hedge. Where our campers throw a lot of grey you get more vegetation not less.
The Crocs in the swamp in front of hedge are thriving too lol

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
According to the rules, he's doing nothing wrong. There are many around the country doing the same as him, without all this attention. Not all disabilities are visible.
And he is 82!
Lots of free Aires abroad but anything over here causes uproar.
Parked up at Weymouth front cost me £12 for 24 hours which was my max stay allowed. I was speaking to blue badge neighbours, who parked free and without time limit. I don't object to free but perhaps a week limit should be imposed for all motorhomes, if paying or not.

I'm not taking any issue with the guy being disabled Sue, however what I'm about to say is secondhand & I personally haven't seen this but, the locals claim that he happily picks
up his toilet cassette or grey water container & wanders up to the public toilet to empty it, they also claim that he walks along to the Citadel leisure centre which is a considerable walk of about half a mile. I myself am disabled & my wife Mrsambulancekidd has MS, so we are all too aware of blue badge issue's so I feel well qualified to comment.

The issue I take is with the outside of his motorhome which is piled up with stuff & resembles a travellers site, I'm down that way this evening, so I'll take a few photo's.
I feel that he will blow it for everyone by abusing the lax attitude of the LA.
South Ayrshire council are very much a live & let live council where motorhomes are concerned. IMHO he is being selfish.

Most of the area's used by wild campers are near beaches & it'd be very easy for the council to put height barriers up if this abuse carries on. Furthermore the area where this twerp camps is the infamous Fort area, they're very well known for getting their way with the council as a whole.

I'm not against wild camping, quite the opposite in fact but, I'd hate to be a problem or irritation to any local folk & if asked to move on I would do so instantly.
I think this is the way most funsters would behave, in fact its written in Jim guide to
wild camping.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
I guess you two got yours when they gave them free in cornflake box's.

It's a long time since they handed them out to anyone who applied.
The criteria is strict and has to be met with no leeway.
Various disabilities will get you a badge.... Having no arms is one
Unable to walk 50mtrs is another (medical evidence)
Still think they hand them out like confetti?
Don’t have one or need one (presently) :D

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The kind of stuff involving grey waste under a hedge

At one time the "standard" way of disposal for GREY , (NOT black) WAS around the hedgerows. It was actually printed in the Caravan Club handbook!!. As for BLACK, We also had to DIG our "Elsan pits" on rallies AND drew straws for back filling before departure!. Some years ago I had spend several weeks with my R-V as a base doing some work in Suffolk. When the black tank got full, I asked the site owner where to dump. His reply was to spread it over the adjacent field!. Bit "pongy" for a day or two, but after that not an issue, I used a Macerator and 25ft of flat hose, Job done!.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At one time the "standard" way of disposal for GREY , (NOT black) WAS around the hedgerows. It was actually printed in the Caravan Club handbook!!. As for BLACK, We also had to DIG our "Elsan pits" on rallies AND drew straws for back filling before departure!. Some years ago I had spend several weeks with my R-V as a base doing some work in Suffolk. When the black tank got full, I asked the site owner where to dump. His reply was to spread it over the adjacent field!. Bit "pongy" for a day or two, but after that not an issue, I used a Macerator and 25ft of flat hose, Job done!.
Night soil toilets were always emptied on the land

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Night soil toilets were always emptied on the land

Tell me about it!!. My cousins Uncle on his mothers side was on the "Night Soil" gang!!. This was in HULL in the late 40`s early 1950`s, there where still some of the old "back to backs", in the Porter St area. Pulled down in the late 50`s. Much of the area though, had already been "modified" by Herman`s Boys.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Tell me about it!!. My cousins Uncle on his mothers side was on the "Night Soil" gang!!. This was in HULL in the late 40`s early 1950`s, there where still some of the old "back to backs", in the Porter St area. Pulled down in the late 50`s. Much of the area though, had already been "modified" by Herman`s Boys.
They go on about recycling nowadays , in those days there was nothing left to recycle for land fill other than ash from the open fire.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They go on about recycling nowadays , in those days there was nothing left to recycle for land fill other than ash from the open fire.

Fish 'n' chips in an old newspaper. Groceries in paper bags. And they went on the fire to keep us warm. We returned the bottles for re-use after washing and sometimes got a few coppers in return. That was recycling, 100% efficient recycling.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Fish 'n' chips in an old newspaper. Groceries in paper bags. And they went on the fire to keep us warm. We returned the bottles for re-use after washing and sometimes got a few coppers in return. That was recycling, 100% efficient recycling.

Yup. nip over the wall at the "Offie", pass the bottles to the boys outside, go round an check in the empties for 3d each, split the proceeds and spend on "pop". "Re-Cycling". :devil: :D:D:D

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I was down at Ayr beach on friday night & saw quite a few motorhomes but, then in a disabled bay is this guy (see below).
There were piles of stuff outside his Swift Kon-Tiki & it looks like he's here for the summer again!
The locals are furious about this abuse of a disabled bay although he has a blue badge & he feels that he is doing nothing wrong.
I fear that he is going to blow it for everyone who enjoys parking at this beautiful beach which overlooks the Isle of Arran.
I must add that despite his motorhome being elderly it does look very tidy, well that's until you look at the junk outside it.
Sorry that the news feed is an old one but, the same problem exists.

Thought's???

Howdy "neighbour". We recently moved to S.Ayrshire (Dunure), but have been visiting the area for some time.
Is he the same motorhomer who used to park up for months on end at the other end of the esplanade, near Ayr India ?

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Howdy "neighbour". We recently moved to S.Ayrshire (Dunure), but have been visiting the area for some time.
Is he the same motorhomer who used to park up for months on end at the other end of the esplanade, near Ayr India ?

Yes its the same guy again.
How are you enjoying living in sunny Ayrshire? Your slap bang in the middle of a superb motorhome paradise.

Here are the photo's that I said I'd take.
Ayr Beach 2.jpg
Ayr Beach 3.jpg

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I see that the thread title has been changed.
Isn't it amazing how changing one word can defuse emotions.

(ps. from a non furious local)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes its the same guy again.
How are you enjoying living in sunny Ayrshire? Your slap bang in the middle of a superb motorhome paradise.

Here are the photo's that I said I'd take.
View attachment 324058View attachment 324059
Well them photos make it look even more like he isn't hurting anyone, just parked up in a corner, minding his own business, doesn't look as if taking up spaces anyone else wants.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Would it matter as much if the motorhome was brand newwith a posh table outside? ?

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Would it matter as much if the motorhome was brand newwith a posh table outside? ?

Yes it would as the whole point of the thread is the length of time this guy camps for & the probability that he'll spoil it for everyone else.

I am the OP & run an elderly Kon-Tiki so the last thing I'll be is anti older motorhomes. I do point out that his motorhome in good order & clean.

I'm also mad keen on wild camping, not to save money but, to enjoy peace & quiet that being in the middle of no-where affords.
Even I wouldn't stay on one spot for any more than two nights max & its better still to stay for one night only.
Glen Trool may 2019 4.jpg

Last edited:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Yes it would as the whole point of the thread is the length of time this guy camps for & the probability that he'll spoil it for everyone else.

I am the OP & run an elderly Kon-Tiki so the last thing I'll be is anti older motorhomes. I do point out that his motorhome in good order & clean.

I'm also mad keen on wild camping, not to save money but, to enjoy peace & quiet that being in the middle of no-where affords.
Even I wouldn't stay on one spot for any more than two nights max & its better still to stay for one night only.
View attachment 324147
Point taken ?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
So simple and cheap for the local authorities to put a sign up saying maximum stay two nights or parking fines will be applied.
It appears that common sense is now one of the least common atributes inpoor old Blighty nowadays, as anyone checked what is in the flipping water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back