I see this guy is back at Ayr beach, he'll ruin it for everyone else. (1 Viewer)

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
just wondering whether he would come under the 28 maximum day stay that campsites have to adhere to and the planning permission that was granted for the car park as clearly he is not parking but camping

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
IMG_20190811_201529.jpg

A bit of free loading in Spain
Bill

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The guy is a prat, I've seen him there. I qualify for a blue badge but haven't claimed one, he, and his wife, both have no visible disabilities. But then neither do I. He should be moved on.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
View attachment 323762
A bit of free loading in Spain
Bill

the difference In Spain Bill is if the police ask you to move then you had better move although I have always found the first request to be very polite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Blue badges ,give them out like confetti :whistle2:
Yes they do and the majority shouldn’t have them, they’re given out for the wrong reasons nowadays!! And even if they have them, it doesn’t need to be used every time!
I guess you two got yours when they gave them free in cornflake box's.

It's a long time since they handed them out to anyone who applied.
The criteria is strict and has to be met with no leeway.
Various disabilities will get you a badge.... Having no arms is one
Unable to walk 50mtrs is another (medical evidence)
Still think they hand them out like confetti?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Worth it

for the location and I have backed the van in now and its a lot better than it was
Bill

Have a good nights sleep and enjoy Spain. We love it there.

Cabarceno is probably not too far away and Jay might enjoy it.

The aire is just a couple of hundred metres from the park entrance. When you enter the village and approach the church turn right between the bar and the church - its about 100 metres to the parking area.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
checking the Google street view there are some toilets just up the road behind the van, he has a mobility scooter so can easily transport his cassette that short distance
I think that scooter must belong to the chap sat with him, he would have no way of charging it if it was his.
Look on the google maps link. I've never seen so much disabled spaces in all my life.

Mountain out a molehill.
Yes and that selfish git is parked closest to the slope down to the beach, somebody may need that to get a disabled child down there.
Blue badge holders are worse than FLT?
Really and how did you reach that conclusion...…..:unsure:
Blue badges ,give them out like confetti :whistle2:
Of course they are....:swear:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Not sure what he has done wrong to be honest? If he has a blue badge whats the issue? Its not like he's a tinker or whatever taking the "P" . He has a nice truck and is displaying the correct badge of approval ....Personally...get over it! Why be jealous? He has only done what we all would do if in the same situation!

Speak for yourself

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
What I was trying to say is that the blue badge scheme was originally intended for those with mobility issues, this is well intentioned. I, and I suspect the guy on the prom, have no mobility problems. An acquaintance of mine has a badge because he has severe dyslexia, admittedly a disability but hardly deserving of a blue badge. It annoys me when people work the system.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
They obviously dont have a requirement to be parked fully within the bay !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
An acquaintance of mine has a badge because he has severe dyslexia
It would be interesting to know how he/she managed to acquire it.
Badges are awarded for mobility disabilities and the questionnaire and criteria are only mobility related.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Recently renewed TinaL Blue badge as its 3 year term had run out.
I can tell you, its no longer a piece of cake to get one, it took ages to fill the form in and she would not have got one unless she qualified for the higher rate of Personal Independence (PIP) which is also a nightmare to get.
Her Disability Living Allowance finished when the new PIP regime came in, and she had a home harassment/assessment for PIP, which we had to appeal the result of, to get the higher rate that she previously had, as they do not take medical evidence from GP's or consultants any more without the home visit/assessment.
Well the new blue badge appeared on the doorstep, and its only valid for 11 months, not 3 years!
Why you may ask, its because her next PIP review date is in 11 months, and the Blue Badge expiry date has to tie up with the PIP entitlement review date.
So no more confetti Blue Badges I think.
PS: it still doesn't stop the illegal use by some of the Blue Badge Holders healthy family or friends:mad: which really Pees me off, and I do challenge them face to face and dob them in to the council if they give me the two finger salute.
Blue Badge misuse needs to be cracked down on, with the £1000 fine being imposed on the abuser.

Les

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Speak for yourself

I have and do so! So again I say Get over it!
Why rant and rave on here when if the bloody truth is known...We are all as bad as each other!

Take note....We.....

Go on...tell me you are a saint and you live the life of one! Tell me you have done no wrong on your travels . You know what I mean..The kind of stuff involving grey waste under a hedge or drain tap open when on the go! Go on...Dare you to prove it

Something about "People in glass houses"......!

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
For a blue badge Strict criteria is now used.
Someone challenged me and I politely asked to swap legs and wheelchair for theirs.
Please don’t lump all disabled people and all blue badge holders in the same baskets. Some of us have a good law abiding and moral code. I begin to feel guilty for using such benefits and morally think the chap is wrong to park there for so long. He must be ‘thick skinned’ not to move at least to another spot up the road. The local authority may end changing there blue badge parking time limits as a result. Some areas ‘Dorset’ for example charge blue badge holders for using there car parks the same as for an able driver/user but with an extra hour thrown in, I personally agree with that.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have and do so! So again I say Get over it!
Why rant and rave on here when if the bloody truth is known...We are all as bad as each other!

Take note....We.....

Go on...tell me you are a saint and you live the life of one! Tell me you have done no wrong on your travels . You know what I mean..The kind of stuff involving grey waste under a hedge or drain tap open when on the go! Go on...Dare you to prove it

Something about "People in glass houses"......!
Grey waste under a hedge is and always has been acceptable. On many CL/CS it's encouraged. I have never (and would never) overnight in a populated area. There are plenty of discrete locations where stopping en route for an odd night bothers no-one. The sea-front in full view of residents isn't one of them.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
According to the rules, he's doing nothing wrong. There are many around the country doing the same as him, without all this attention. Not all disabilities are visible.
And he is 82!
Lots of free Aires abroad but anything over here causes uproar.
Parked up at Weymouth front cost me £12 for 24 hours which was my max stay allowed. I was speaking to blue badge neighbours, who parked free and without time limit. I don't object to free but perhaps a week limit should be imposed for all motorhomes, if paying or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back