Wing wont start (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Is it HISS, usually the red light blinks in a certain order to indicate the trouble code. Not 100% sure on tje wing but disconnecting the HISS on the CBR600RR race engines was a bit involved

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Is it HISS, usually the red light blinks in a certain order to indicate the trouble code. Not 100% sure on tje wing but disconnecting the HISS on the CBR600RR race engines was a bit involved
The red light on the fob does blink but i wouldn't know if the blink correct or not.
I will let the Honda dealer sort it, i've had enough of it.
I'll use my other bike in the meantime, as i did today.

Reactions: f6c

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I will let the Honda dealer sort it, i've had enough of it.

Bob....... Trade it in for a proper bike... (y)
2023-cvo-road-glide-limited-f78-motorcycle.jpg

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Had 3 Harleys in my time.
1st a 883 Speedster, worse bike i ever had, sold it after 2 months and vowed i would never buy another. Few years later.
2nd a V Rod Night Rod in Denim Black. Can't remember why i was in the Harley dealer but they were just uncrating it, i ask what it was, he told me and that it was the first one in that dealership, i asked if it was sold he said no i said yes it is i'll buy it now. Now that was a good bike.
3rd A Fat Bob. Bought in Dubai cause Harleys were virtually the only bike you saw there in them days there.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Both fob batteries' are new.
Immobiliser, what where? does the wing have one:unsure:
Might be worth checking or changing the fob batteries, if they are like the ones in our metatrack, even new ones don't always work properly.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Might be worth checking or changing the fob batteries, if they are like the ones in our metatrack, even new ones don't always work properly.
Would that affect the starting??? every thing else works, just the starter button is not turning the starter??
I will check again tomorrow but really don't think they both can be defective as both recently changed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
I may be talking rubbish here, but it doesn't really make sense to have HISS on a keyless bike. HISS uses the little chip inside the key to check that you are actually turning the ignition on using a key that is programmed to the bike, not a copied blade, a big screwdriver or cutting the wires behind the switch and twisting them together.

A keyless ignition doesn't bother with that; if the bike doesn't recognise that the correct fob is close, it won't let you get as far as you have in getting to the accessories live stage, it just won't turn on at all. Yours does, so it must be recognising the key - which also suggest fob batteries are fine.

Sidestand switch shouldn't be an issue; that would let a DCT start (assuming it is in neutral) but not go into gear. Your dash is showing it is in neutral, so not the DCT being stuck in gear (can happen apparently, especially if you do something like park against a kerb so the wheel is holding the transmission in tension and it can't easily knock itself into neutral with the servos - in which case you have to rock the bike backwards and forwards). No clutch switch, so that's not the problem.

My first checks would be that the battery really does enough voltage (I know you've charged it, but it may be dying), and a run through the fuses.

Otherwise, as you are now sick of the sight of it, I'll do you a favour and pop around with my trailer and just take it away so you never have to deal with it again. :)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We bought a new Honda sh300 to take to Spain with us after about 100 miles I parked he scoot went into the super market upon return it would not even turn on keyless (new battery fitted)
So stuck in a car park in Spain, I rang the dealer I bought it from to ask if this was a known problem?
Their answer was a stunner! If you just pop in to our dealer in Grantham we will have a technician trouble shoot it for you 🤣🤣🤣🤣 fortunately a friend pressed numerous buttons numerous times and it came to life, never had a problem since🤔

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We bought a new Honda sh300 to take to Spain with us after about 100 miles I parked he scoot went into the super market upon return it would not even turn on keyless (new battery fitted)
So stuck in a car park in Spain, I rang the dealer I bought it from to ask if this was a known problem?
Their answer was a stunner! If you just pop in to our dealer in Grantham we will have a technician trouble shoot it for you 🤣🤣🤣🤣 fortunately a friend pressed numerous buttons numerous times and it came to life, never had a problem since🤔
A pal on a tour we were on parked his BMW GS next to the hotel. On leaving it simply didn't do anything. No lights, no starter. Tried everything until a guy passing by said move it a meter or so away. Did that and it started as normal.
Apparently he had parked on top of a known issue where underground cables effectively jammed his alarm system.

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Having said that the sidestand switch shouldn't be an issue, it occurs to me that you might be on the main stand and side stand up. If it's a three wire switch it might not know the state and be locking out because of that - so try putting it down. Not got a wing (yet - unless you take me up on my kind, selfless offer...) so don't know if it is two or three wire. My VFR1200x is a two wire.
Could also be a faulty bank sensor (tip over switch), but then you are into pulling things apart and getting the multimeter out.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Having said that the sidestand switch shouldn't be an issue, it occurs to me that you might be on the main stand and side stand up. If it's a three wire switch it might not know the state and be locking out because of that - so try putting it down. Not got a wing (yet - unless you take me up on my kind, selfless offer...) so don't know if it is two or three wire. My VFR1200x is a two wire.
Could also be a faulty bank sensor (tip over switch), but then you are into pulling things apart and getting the multimeter out.
It's on the side stand and parked where it has always been parked in the garage.
The guy in the Honda workshop yesterday asked me if it had an immobiliser, i said i don't know :unsure:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
A pal on a tour we were on parked his BMW GS next to the hotel. On leaving it simply didn't do anything. No lights, no starter. Tried everything until a guy passing by said move it a meter or so away. Did that and it started as normal.
Apparently he had parked on top of a known issue where underground cables effectively jammed his alarm system.
It did cross my mind about outside interference but as the steering lock is also electronic moving it would be a task 😂

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
The supplying dealer might know if they've fitted one, but otherwise it's like asking Fiat if Vanbitz has put an immobiliser onto a motorhome - not a chance of them knowing as it simply wouldn't be in their records.. It is a reasonable question for them to ask in trying to fault find as aftermarket immobilisers are notoriously problematic, but I'd have thought you'd be aware of one as you'd have something to carry or use (like a token to touch or a keyfob to blip) in order to disable it.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The bike is keyless. The fob has has to be within a certain range for the bike to recognise it before it will start.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Bill Smiths collected my non starting Wing on Tuesday late afternoon.
Not heard from them what might be the issue.
Will revert.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Update for those that are interested.
Of course they wouldn't contact me to tell me whats going on so i went down there, only 20 miles each way.(yes i could have phoned but wanted a ride anyway)
Turns out it needs a new fuel pump.......................£900........excluding labour. Ouch.
Said there is some sort of a safety device fitted to it which prevents it from turning over🤷‍♂️
I don't know if they are feeding me Bullsh@t.
No good to me in the garage so told them to go ahead and fix it.

Decided (before now actually) the new bike does what i want out of a bike nowadays so the Wing will be sold.............CC no not on Ebay:LOL:;)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Update for those that are interested.
Of course they wouldn't contact me to tell me whats going on so i went down there, only 20 miles each way.(yes i could have phoned but wanted a ride anyway)
Turns out it needs a new fuel pump.......................£900........excluding labour. Ouch.
Said there is some sort of a safety device fitted to it which prevents it from turning over🤷‍♂️
I don't know if they are feeding me Bullsh@t.
No good to me in the garage so told them to go ahead and fix it.

Decided (before now actually) the new bike does what i want out of a bike nowadays so the Wing will be sold.............CC no not on Ebay:LOL:;)
By law they have to give you the faulty fuel pump if you ask for it. It's still your property.
Then maybe get it checked out later? ;)

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
That seems extortionate after a quick Google

If I were you, I'd call someone like Fowlers for the proper price
Too late i have given them the go ahead.
And i can't be doing with the hassle of what might be involved to get the bike picked up again and taken elsewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back