PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Mate you need one of these in a side pannier, a bit like a toad car, but lighter 👍🏻
IMG_2441.jpeg

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I'm open to any alternative suggestions. And no i don't have faith in dealers, BUT, they WILL get the bike started...................i think/hope.
Oh and i'm not taking it, they will collect it:LOL:(y)
So you have more faith in the dealer than your own ability 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
This amply demonstrates the problem with all this technology, Motorcycles used to be really straightforward machines. Until quite recently, unless a major component had failed - which was usually pretty obvious - almost anyone could get them going again. This is almost certainly not a major component failure but most of us would have no chance of fixing it - like most of these comfortmatic failures.

So what is the point of all these electronics?

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
This amply demonstrates the problem with all this technology, Motorcycles used to be really straightforward machines. Until quite recently, unless a major component had failed - which was usually pretty obvious - almost anyone could get them going again. This is almost certainly not a major component failure but most of us would have no chance of fixing it - like most of these comfortmatic failures.

So what is the point of all these electronics?
I have never been a spanner monkey but many years ago i did do lots of repairs on my cars and bikes. It was easy to take a starter motor off and put a replacement one on, or a fan belt. Bike bits were as easy, but as you say nowadays you stand no chance.

If we all had half a brain we would buy Dacia's. The boss there says that 2 or 3 safety ***s are purely based on electronic warning devices in the car. He says not needed if one drives properly and concentrates therfore all this trickery he don't put in the cars therefore keeping them less expensive.
I drive a Dacia Duster when in Dubai and it's absolutly fine.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Many folk bemoaning modern bikes with electronics.
I've had about 15 new sports bikes since my CBR600 in 1992.

None of them had any electrical or other problems. Many had a hard life on track.

But by hell the bikes before were always breaking down and big problems were a regular thing.

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Went to buy an Egli Vincent from Roger Slater early 70s he almost broke his leg trying to start it so I said thankyou and went an bought a 900gts Ducati it was so easey you just pressed the button off you go ,did 69000 thousand miles on that 2 up it was so basic a pleasure.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I'm not moaning about modern bikes, i am stating many years ago i could work on them or older cars but nowadays i have no chance. And i have had absolutely minimal trouble with the moderns and much prefered.

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Like old Land Rovers, the good thing with old bikes was that you could fix them at the side of the road with a spanner and a hammer.
The bad thing with old bikes was that you needed to...

Give me modern electronics, engines that start with quarter of a revolution of the starter even on cold, damp days, that you can run from sea level to high mountains without the mixture going out, and brakes that work. And will run for thousands of miles with no more than an oil change. My current main ride is a Honda Crosstourer. That DCT gearbox is brilliant, especially if you are doing a lot of stop-start stuff as I do marshalling some events. Really well thought out to give engine braking on downhills or let it roll (depending on if you've tapped the brake or not) etc.

How did you get on with getting the Wing fixed?

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Update.
They cannot collect the bike until 13th June.
Not bothered as we go to Iceland (no not the supermarket.......got to get that in before someone else) for 13 days in between.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back