Wing wont start (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Agreed absolutely ridiculous. How long has it been going on now? I cant believe bobnick hasnt told bob smiths to stick it where the sun doesn't shine
I don’t think I want it now as to many things wrong with it☹️
Was going to bid up to a few £K when it went on eBay but it will have to be a lot cheaper for me now😁😁

Plenty of broken down Harleys going cheaper now😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Was going to bid up to a few £K when it went on eBay but it will have to be a lot cheaper for me now😁😁

Well he can advertise it as maintained with no expense spared and wouldn't be telling fibs. :giggle:

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.

Only one thing wrong with it. Just took the dick heads time to find it.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Agreed absolutely ridiculous. How long has it been going on now? I cant believe bobnick hasnt told bob smiths to stick it where the sun doesn't shine
And what does one do, take it to another incompetent dealer:unsure:

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The popcorn emoji.
Does that mean a long running story?? or something like that.
Honestly don't know. :unsure:

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I don't believe what i have just heard on a telephone call from Bill Smiths Honda.
"It's the kill switch Bob."
Well i was speechless. How long have they had the bike. I know nowt but i would have started there.
Unbelievable.
Ordered a new one that will be coming from Belgium, £545. Pay up front it will be here on Friday.
Spanner monkey don't work Fri Sat Sun And Mon (good job eh) so Tuesday it's his first job to put it back together.

I'm going for a lay down.
About 10 yrs ago I was at a Goldwing Owners Club meeting in Gorey Co Wexford and there was a guy churning over his wing to no end whilst I had a beer and a fag on the terrace to no avail. Then 3 young bucks proceeded to push him up and down the car park to try and bump start to no avail.
Then the penny dropped and I shouted ‘Kill switch’ ! Went first time after that.

I can’t believe they hadn’t tested that first and sorry that price for a switch is pulling your pants down!

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Think the moral is if you cannot afford to maintain a GW don't buy one.
When a bike or car is already in the garage and stripped down i don't think it's easy to say put it back together i'm taking it away. Well it's not easy for me.
As for prices of parts i have absolutely no comprehension of the value.
I can believe Honda parts are expensive, as for rip off i just don't know. They do know that if i found out i had been ripped off then they wouldn't know what has hit them.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The popcorn emoji.
Sorry Bob. I was getting frustrated for you at the apparent ineptitude of the dealers and the way modern vehicles always seem to have 4 figure bills for "electronics issues".

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Sorry Bob. I was getting frustrated for you at the apparent ineptitude of the dealers and the way modern vehicles always seem to have 4 figure bills for "electronics issues".
No worries. I really didn't know or understand what the popcorn imoji was all about.
As a matter of interest i have mailed the manager of Bill Smiths expressing my shock and surprise at the cost of a kill switch and asked if he will double check the price.
I am also still in shock at them only now finding it was the kill switch.
It is known i am far from mechanically minded but even as a layman i would have thought starting there to find the issue would be obvious.
Hopefully this saga will will come to an end next Tuesday.
Thankfully the bike has already been sold, so good riddence........................to a dealer :giggle: .

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
After that saga, at the very least I would pay the bill by credit card, and immediately put it in dispute with the credit card company, For two reasons, one I genuinely think you you have a case of unnecessary work/incompetence on the part of the dealer, and secondly sheer childish delight in causing the dealer problems and inconvience in dealing with the dispute.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The popcorn emoji.

In most cases the popcorn emoji means that the person using it is expecting fireworks to follow (the quoted post), i.e. the post was contentious and many responses are likely to follow so sit back and watch the fun!

Ian

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
After that saga, at the very least I would pay the bill by credit card, and immediately put it in dispute with the credit card company, For two reasons, one I genuinely think you you have a case of unnecessary work/incompetence on the part of the dealer, and secondly sheer childish delight in causing the dealer problems and inconvience in dealing with the dispute.
Thus far i have only paid for the switch with my CC.
I agree i should kick up a fuss but it's not my style.
I got an answer from them re the switch.
It's also the full assembly from the swith to the other end??? as Honda do not sell (according to them) the switch alone.
They have forwarded me the invoice accordingly.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
What's that thing they do at the end of a book, prolog or something.
Well here's the prolog.
I now have a fully functioning Goldwing back in my garage.
Went to collect it this morning.
I braced myself for the bill amount, especially when she started with, "Dave has worked on it for more than 10 hours" (shows how incompetent he is) she continued with BUT (there's always a but) we will only charge you 3 hours..........result.
AND they forgot to charge for the collection.
Anyway £300 + £545 i can live with. I didn't say i was happy.
The bike rode home about 20 miles like a Rolls Royce.
I now don't want to sell..................but will.
Have see if the man who made me the offer to buy it and i was prepared to accept still wants it (no not CC :LOL: )
CC, you can gazzump him if you want:giggle:
The saga started May 4th.
THE END

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Glad you've got it back fixed. So frustrating waiting for dealers. I remember a few years back a new Fireblade was about £9k. Somebody priced up what it would be to rebuild a complete bike using genuine Honda parts.

£54k.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Nope not getting in a bidding war, plenty of other rough Wings going cheap😂😂 don’t come running back to me if your man pulls out😁😁
If it's going cheap it probably just needs a drop of oil somewhere :giggle:

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
They just collected the Wing.
Bit sad really as i did like that bike.
1 bloody issue spoilt nearly 4 years of comfy riding.
Go buy a new one and sell before warranty expires😎👍🤷🏻‍♂️

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’m afraid I had 2 I just couldn’t get the feeling with them an early one the a later totally reliable but not for me, then bought an electra glide really enjoyed it totally unreliable.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Have you looked at BMW's luxury tourers at all Bob? If so what was your opinion?

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Have you looked at BMW's luxury tourers at all Bob? If so what was your opinion?
Yes i have.
I had a BMW 1200 RT LE before the wing. One of the first water assisted cooling ones. Great bike, pro shift, i had all the bits put on it.
The newer ones i have not looked at other than glancing so don't really know much about them.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I’m afraid I had 2 I just couldn’t get the feeling with them an early one the a later totally reliable but not for me, then bought an electra glide really enjoyed it totally unreliable.
Like the Harley an aquired taste.
Providing one has a second proper bike for the spirited ride these big things are ok for given rides.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Yes i have.
I had a BMW 1200 RT LE before the wing. One of the first water assisted cooling ones. Great bike, pro shift, i had all the bits put on it.
The newer ones i have not looked at other than glancing so don't really know much about them.
IMG_20170526_091713.jpg

This was it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back