Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is the fun you miss out on when on the road lol
20200128_115027.jpg
20200128_115406.jpg

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018

Attachments

• FF43C6C3-1113-420B-B80F-403753C53897.jpeg
    FF43C6C3-1113-420B-B80F-403753C53897.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 9FB11AE0-36DF-4193-927A-6619BAF00BF2.jpeg
    9FB11AE0-36DF-4193-927A-6619BAF00BF2.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 41
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I wouldn’t be seen dead in one of those “special” trolleys either.... I sometimes get asked if I want one by the staff and I say “ no thanks I’ve brought the wheel barrow today “...?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I'm in a bit of a depressed state at the minute ....totally fed up , the weather is dire , I feel like groundhog day just doing the same things day in day out ....walk dogs, sit around, work ,sleep repeat
Don't get me wrong I'm making good money and managing to put a fair bit a month in to my savings ....but

With all the things changing for travel next year I'm not even sure I'll get away for winter .....which is making me think maybe I should just sell toby

Like I said I'm fed up and feeling kind of stuck.?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Have a trip up to Durness for a few days watching the sea (y)
That'll get rid of any depressed thoughts

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
Pigging winter again Tam. I think when you have to work, it does feel like that, it's a nasty circle. I'm very lucky to be retired but i do remember feeling like that. Keep your chin up mate, the summer & lighter nights & warmer weather are coming.:cool::cool::cool:

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Tam, I may be wrong but aren't you presuming the worst scenario.
Does anyone actually know what is going to happen next year? Worrying about something that isn't settled yet and that you have absolutely no influence over or ability to change is enough to make anyone depressed.
As has been suggested, get in Toby and go for a trip out, if Scotland and it's weather are too depressing head for the Lake District or Northumberland, get the pups out walking on the hills, maybe arrange to meet up with some Funsters.
I think getting rid of Toby would be a horrendous mistake, he gives you not only your own space to live in but the ability to take off with the pups anytime, to any place you want. Without him your freedom would be very seriously restricted.
Count your blessings Tam while you are still young ish, fit and healthy. :giggle:(y)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
If you can leave the dogs with anyone Tam, or contemplate putting them in kennels, I have a spare room you'd be welcome to for a week or two.
Our weather is warming up, the almond blossom is starting to come out, my neighbor saw otters swimming in the lake last week. The world, my world is a beautiful place. Come share it with me for a while. :giggle:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds like you need to get away for a bit again. Get a ferry booked and bugger off to find some sun for 2 or 3 weeks.
Have a trip up to Durness for a few days watching the sea (y)
That'll get rid of any depressed thoughts
I cant unfortunately toby is currently out of mot and is sorned, he needs 2 spots welded and front struts replaced, I'm struggling to get a local garage that's large enough to get it in .....and I was trying to hold off till after march as I'd hoped to go away from October to march.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you not pursuing the campsite warden jobs? Surely you would need Toby for that.
I've looked in to a few campsite jobs and I've joined several campsite wardens groups on facebook ....from those I'm not sure I want to work on one , I make more money just now and its hassle free.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I may be wrong but aren't you presuming the worst scenario.
Does anyone actually know what is going to happen next year? Worrying about something that isn't settled yet and that you have absolutely no influence over or ability to change is enough to make anyone depressed.
As has been suggested, get in Toby and go for a trip out, if Scotland and it's weather are too depressing head for the Lake District or Northumberland, get the pups out walking on the hills, maybe arrange to meet up with some Funsters.
I think getting rid of Toby would be a horrendous mistake, he gives you not only your own space to live in but the ability to take off with the pups anytime, to any place you want. Without him your freedom would be very seriously restricted.
Count your blessings Tam while you are still young ish, fit and healthy. :giggle:(y)
I'm just going on the official release from the government on travel for next year , it seems 90 days will be the max and will be enforced. Dog passport scheme no longer valid etc .....if I was to go to europe in october I'd be screwed after jan 1st for getting back.....and if only 90 days I'd only be able to do like 1st november to 31st january which isn't very good :( I'm just thinking if 3 months is all I can do at a time then it's not what I want to do.
Yes it's a holiday but also a way of life I've been used to for the last 2 years and it seems that's no longer possible.
Living in a van in the uk is no picnic ....cold wet and zero facilities without using campsites which as everyone knows is not my thing.

I also now feel because I have the dogs my original escape plan of moving to Spain or Portugal or the canaries is now a lot harder

Nothings impossible of course but my brain isnt processing that at the minute .....I just feel miserable and a bit lost at the minute.

Thanks for the offer it's very nice of you , but dont have anyone who could look after dogs for me ....not sure milo could handle me being away as hes very clingy

And the job I'm doing at the minute if I was off for any length of time someone else would get the work ....can't afford to lose £2k a month at the minute

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Do you not fancy going further afield out of Europe, Morocco being the obvious place?

I like you doing research for my future travels, even if you don't know that's what you are doing :ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Do you not fancy going further afield out of Europe, Morocco being the obvious place?

I like you doing research for my future travels, even if you don't know that's what you are doing :ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)(y)
Yeah but again it's getting the dogs in and out of Morocco with blood tests etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
:Eeek: is that from takeaway deliveries ?
Why do you think you'd be stuffed getting back into UK after 1st January, assuming you not exceeded the 90 days.
Yeah just eat has revolutionized takeaway deliveries lol ....

Well prior to january the 1st nothing changes so if I left the uk in October I dont need blood tests etc for dogs as passport system is ok for now .....but I might have probs getting back

Also I dont want to be coming back in january as weather is still awful
Scottish weather is crap till around april lol

It doesnt seem worthwhile to me to go for 90 days .....

I dont know what the situation would be if I went further east I know Croatia etc isnt currently in schengen but I dont know all the legalities etc

The dogs are a big part of the problem admittedly.....it was easier before when just me but it is what it is now and just not sure how to get round it

I'm also not clued up on this different visas for different countries they are on about ....too much planning not much room for spontaneity or chande of plans etc

I had quite fancied getting down to Greece next winter as a couple I met in Spain 2 years ago are doing greece at the minute and getting better weather than spain

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Like you Tam I hate January and the cold grey days that seem to go on for ever..... As suggested above the 90 days is only for Shengen so you could go Morocco or elsewhere for part of it...... maybe use up 45 days going down through Spain then over to Morocco for a month or so, and you still have 45 days for return trip. The blood tests for the dogs are a pain but only need done the once. I know there have been people on here who've taken their dogs so don't discount it.

People will still be able to move abroad, there might just be a few more hoops to jump through!

You need to give yourself something to look forward to.... chin up.....

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Why not go to Canada? Great country. Very popular at the moment. Outdoor life,healthy,maybe become a lumberjack.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I cant unfortunately toby is currently out of mot and is sorned, he needs 2 spots welded and front struts replaced, I'm struggling to get a local garage that's large enough to get it in .....and I was trying to hold off till after march as I'd hoped to go away from October to march.

I know the welding could be a problem but you could take the front struts off and take them somewhere to get the springs swap

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well I'm in a bit of a depressed state at the minute ....totally fed up , the weather is dire , I feel like groundhog day just doing the same things day in day out ....walk dogs, sit around, work ,sleep repeat
Don't get me wrong I'm making good money and managing to put a fair bit a month in to my savings ....but

With all the things changing for travel next year I'm not even sure I'll get away for winter .....which is making me think maybe I should just sell toby

Like I said I'm fed up and feeling kind of stuck.?
Stop being a pessimist Tam,,no one knows what the future holds..Worst scenario is that you are limited to 90 days a trip,not the end of the world BUT maybe it will stay just as it is..I have my ferry booked for April and until I can't I will carry on as normal. Chin up..BUSBY ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back