Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, what did you do with the rear cupboards or are they still a WIP?
I bought closed cell foam insulation and sound proofing Matt and fitted that in place of the polystyrene. And I managed to salvage the original black cloth ( unfortunately in two pieces ) and fitted that back in ..

So it pretty much looks as it did inside the cupboard but a little neater

Pic doesn't really show much but that's it finished inside
20200112_110020.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It's odd when you think about it, us older folk (I'm a bit older than you Tam, but still a spring chicken on here) have to adapt to the views of the modern day snowflakes and accept the fact we'll never see any reruns of "It aint alf hot mum" "Rising damp" etc shouldn't they be accepting what was the norm for us, after all we won't be around for ever and then it's their time! They can watch politically correct tv and call colours whatever they like.
Cant use those names on tv now but can F it blind,,strange world,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This soddin van is definitely out to drive me insane , just took it to kirkcaldy to fill up with gas ....I've no wipers and no heater

Checked fuses and they are ok ....nothing wrong with either of these things when I parked it up last month

And why on earth does it have 4 bloody fuse boxes ????

So I don't know if theres maybe a master fuse above the other fuses or what but seems unlikely to have a wiper motor and heater blower both pack in at the same time with no prior warning

Just made it back to mums in time before the rain came on or that would have been fun

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
This soddin van is definitely out to drive me insane , just took it to kirkcaldy to fill up with gas ....I've no wipers and no heater

Checked fuses and they are ok ....nothing wrong with either of these things when I parked it up last month

And why on earth does it have 4 bloody fuse boxes ????

So I don't know if theres maybe a master fuse above the other fuses or what but seems unlikely to have a wiper motor and heater blower both pack in at the same time with no prior warning

Just made it back to mums in time before the rain came on or that would have been fun

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm off the thinking it's something I've done while doing other jobs , I did wire the front foglights up properly using a relay and switch but I put the two 12+ cables to the battery and may have blown one of the fuses mounted on top of battery in the process

It's the only thing I can think of so will have to investigate that.

Step is now also playing up ?? honestly this Van's gonna see me off

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's odd when you think about it, us older folk (I'm a bit older than you Tam, but still a spring chicken on here) have to adapt to the views of the modern day snowflakes and accept the fact we'll never see any reruns of "It aint alf hot mum" "Rising damp" etc shouldn't they be accepting what was the norm for us, after all we won't be around for ever and then it's their time! They can watch politically correct tv and call colours whatever they like.
The norm would presumably to poke fun at minorities who were already marginalised, who had fond memories of seeing signs on businesses stating "No blacks, no Irish, no dogs"? It is impossible to walk in their shoes or to see the world from their point of view. It wasn't (and isn't) the norm amongst my friends. I wasn't comfortable with it then or the racist views of my parents and I'm happy to align myself with the tolerance in evidence now. Being PC has nothing to do with it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think it’s a fuse Tam.
After fitting a dash cam I lost wipers and heater fan. After much fiddling about I read the manual (RTFM) and found one fuse covered them both.
On our Ducato it was in the fuse box under the dash (close to the door on our LHD)
and I think it was the top left........but could be wrong. It just needed a hefty shove in as it hadn't been pushed fully home.

Richard.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& if it isn't the fuse then it could well be the earth for the wipers. Fiat earth everything seperately. The heater . has it any speeds at all? Could be the infamous resistor. Either needs a new one , if it runs flat out but nothing else or puttingb the rheostat in the freezer to get it to reset.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
& if it isn't the fuse then it could well be the earth for the wipers. Fiat earth everything seperately. The heater . has it any speeds at all? Could be the infamous resistor. Either needs a new one , if it runs flat out but nothing else or puttingb the rheostat in the freezer to get it to reset.
Nothing at all from the heater , no wipers, no washers.
May well be other things too that I'm not aware of yet , all working fine before.

I've been doing jobs on the van and like I said I fitted a relay kit in for front foglights and took a feed from one of the heavy duty fuses on top of the battery. I did blow the inline fuse for the foglights when wiring them but might have blown the big fuse too. So I'll have to check that out first.

Would be very strange for all these things to just pack in at once

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think it’s a fuse Tam.
After fitting a dash cam I lost wipers and heater fan. After much fiddling about I read the manual (RTFM) and found one fuse covered them both.
On our Ducato it was in the fuse box under the dash (close to the door on our LHD)
and I think it was the top left........but could be wrong. It just needed a hefty shove in as it hadn't been pushed fully home.

Richard.
From what I can see in the over complicated manual the fuse for heater is in the box nearest Lh door but the wiper one is a maxi fuse in the big fuse box under the bonnet. Checked both of them and they looked okay...but ran out of time today as had to go to work so I'll have another look at it tomorrow

I think it has to be something I've done and not both things have packed in so I'm gonna check the connections I made for the foglights at the battery and see if I've blown a fuse there as there are heavy duty fuses there that are supposed to protect the other fuse boxes apparently

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't see it being anything you have done as the wipers & heater are fed from a switched ignition source, if it was something you had done a lot more things wouldn't be working.

Might just be coincidence that you have 2 faults at the same time. The heater resister is a common fault, Hymer fit a Schaudt relay box under the bonnet to control the wipers on their A class vans, worth checking if you are getting a feed to the relay box.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can't see it being anything you have done as the wipers & heater are fed from a switched ignition source, if it was something you had done a lot more things wouldn't be working.

Might just be coincidence that you have 2 faults at the same time. The heater resister is a common fault, Hymer fit a Schaudt relay box under the bonnet to control the wipers on their A class vans, worth checking if you are getting a feed to the relay box.
I'm thinking I may have blown one of these when I connected the fog lamps.

I'm hoping its something that simple , nothing on that stalk works including the washers

Never had any probs with heater or wipers before
20200113_132001.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's going to be a single fuse that looks after the controls that operate the various things that aren't working. Try F31 & F38.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Bit of light reading for you Tam, could well be of some use (F71 could be your culprit which I think is the middle of the smaller fuses on your pic)

Attachments

• VehicleBattery.jpg
    VehicleBattery.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14
  • washer wiper diagram.pdf
    360.3 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's going to be a single fuse that looks after the controls that operate the various things that aren't working. Try F31 & F38.
Bit of light reading for you Tam, could well be of some use (F71 could be your culprit which I think is the middle of the smaller fuses on your pic)
Yes I'm inclined to think it's one fuse causing the issues too , it seems a very big coincidence for the heater washers and wipers to all suddenly stop working when no issues with them before

It's just finding it lol

But those fuses at battery are my first suspects, illl try and check them tomorrow

Never get a minute these days between work , mum and dogs lol

I need a holiday

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I think it’s a fuse Tam.

Richard.
Definitely the fuse that Richard has described. I had the same symptoms and same fix recently ie. Blown fuse in UK near side dashboard fuse box.

I did the same as you Tam and convinced myself there was something wrong in the maxi-fuse box under the bonnet, but it wasn't...

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Definitely the fuse that Richard has described. I had the same symptoms and same fix recently ie. Blown fuse in UK near side dashboard fuse box.

I did the same as you Tam and convinced myself there was something wrong in the maxi-fuse box under the bonnet, but it wasn't...
I've checked all fuses in the two fuse boxes inside van either side of dash and they are ok

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back