Rally Chat Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs (3 Viewers)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi sorry can you take us of the list please we will be unable to make this meet now. Have a fantastic meet hopefully next year for us, that is if you do it again xxx Kate

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Please remove us from your interested list, we now have other plans. Thanks for keeping us up to date with feedback.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Its looking more and more likely that I am going to have to miss this " great sounding meet, so could you pass my place onto some lucky funster please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Can you take us off your list as we have made other plans, shame as we would have enjoyed a good session being keen players ourselves.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Simon, im sorry but we now cant make these dates. It clashes with builders starting work on the new extension to our bungalow.
Hope its a good one!

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry, but we can't make this. A show that was provisionally booked for the following weekend has moved to the 2nd so will be in the theatre all weekend.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Can you take us off your list as we have made other plans, shame as we would have enjoyed a good session being keen players ourselves.
:( B*g**r was hoping to catch up with one of your sesssions...will meet somewhere along the way, are you hoping to make Hartlepool or Dorset ? :D

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Some more info about the weekend that you need to have absorbed before booking.

Firstly, if you haven’t already, please read the post above this one which tells you about the site.

Secondly, a reminder as to what this weekend is about. The primary purpose is an opportunity for those who play acoustic instruments to play together in a relaxed music session. For those who aren’t used to sessions, this isn’t about individual performances, it is about playing together. Someone starts a tune, but everybody joins in – at least they do if they know it (& quite often even if they don’t!). The same with a song. One thing you learn very quickly is to listen to each other – if you can’t hear the person who started the tune, or what the singer is singing, then you are probably playing too loudly! There is more info on this in the very first post on this thread, so probably worth going back & re-reading that. See also this post and the one immediately above it for more info.

The main session will be on the Saturday afternoon/evening, when the theme will be very much traditional music. As set out in the first post in this thread, this will be a joint event with members of the ceilidh band that I call dances for & another similar band who are good friends of ours. There will be dancing on the grass outside the marquee, weather permitting. For the rest of the time, the music will be whatever the assembled funsters want to play, but still acoustic so that everyone can join in.

Because the weekend is about making music together & because we still may be over-subscribed even with the increased numbers on site, I am going to give precedence to those that intend to play instruments. Apart from anything else, there is not much point in having all audience & no musicians. So for the first two weeks after booking opens, all non-musicians will be on the reserve list. After two weeks, all non-playing reservists will be moved to the main list if there is room & any further musicians will just have to take their chances with everyone else.

I’m not planning on organising very much else. There should be bacon butties on Sunday morning (with veggie alternative) & there is the bubble car museum on site. The museum offer rides in a bubble car (at a price) & our very own bubble63 plans to attend with one of his own.

There is no pub or shop within easy walking distance, so come with all supplies needed, or be prepared to drive or cycle. The museum does make & sell its own cider though – Clover Farm cider at 7.4%, so cider drinkers needn’t fear running short, although they may fear falling over. :D

There is no WiFi. There is a good '3' 3G signal – with an external antenna you may even get 4G. Mine alternated between full strength 3G & 1 bar 4G. The Vodafone signal is just ok, but not brilliant.

When booking, you will be asked to provide the following information:

• Number of people
  • Length of unit (so we put you in the right place on site)
  • EHU required? Note – there are only 7 available & one of those will have to share with the marquee. If EHU is a medical requirement, please mention it. Cost is £4/night.
  • Registration number – required by campsite for insurance purposes (provide via Conversation if preferred)
  • Instrument(s) you intend to play, if any. Human voice counts if you can lead songs, but a tambourine does not count for this purpose (sorry!):(. That’s not to say that you can’t play a tambourine (in moderation!), just that it doesn’t get you preferential booking. To the undoubted annoyance of some, ukuleles do count! :cool:
  • Arrival day & number of nights. The meet runs from Friday to Monday (3 nights). If you plan to arrive before Friday, please let me know. It may be necessary for early arrivals to change pitch on the Friday.

The cost will be £10 per unit per night (without EHU). Unless there are unforeseen expenses, this should produce a small surplus which will be donated to the MS Society. As many of you will know, my OH is now almost entirely dependent on a wheelchair & other aids because of Multiple Sclerosis & anything we can do to prevent the next generation suffering the same problems has to be worthwhile. The MS Society both sponsors much needed research & helps current sufferers where needed.

I would open booking next weekend, but that coincides with Peterborough & not everyone has internet at shows. I am then away myself with work for a couple of days, so booking will open at 7pm, Wednesday 20th April.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO BOOK ON THIS THREAD.

I will start a new booking thread in the Scheduled Rallies section & post a link in here at the same time.

@Janine @SUGGY @makems @Teddyj @Debs @daveandsan @irnbru @Ambilkate @ludo @Busman @canopus @pat1951 @mick noe @Carol @toledo @Barclaybasher @Tom A @catspyjamas @weekenders @amentalcat @DuxDeluxe @SteveandDenise @triclops @DavidG58 @PenelopePitstop @the stig @JockandRita @archie2000 @laird of Dunstan @dabhand @Steve @Fantini @rupert @manda3000gt @beerdrinker1 @Redjumpa @vin0114 @treetops1 @peterc10 @Neilfg @runrig @Jaws @champers @hoot007 @Wildge @Teasy2007 @Graham and Jane @Eve @lowgill @megsdad @Simson @Peter & Elaine @Mr Ed @Teasy2007 @oldflemo @scammellmanswife @Viennese @Steve @Big E & Jan The Legend @retiringjoyce @Michelle CV @Scoot @Malcolm Bolt @Geordie and the Dragon @ciderman @meanders @Lofty1 @Jimbohorlicks @Daisie @GWG @petethemover @Spots @Bilbat @Sallysausage @joca @Deg3y @Squeegee @abforfun @ukbill @edgy @Dickie @APACHE 1988 @driving @lowgill @Popeye @abforfun @Minxy Girl

@themogs – I know you intend to be in France, but have included you in case plans have changed.
Hi Simon:)
Thanks for the thought, but plans are much the same.
We won't be home until 8th July (just in time for Upton Blues)
Let's hope for next year(y)(y)
Viv & Chris

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Simon,

Can you please take us off the list as granddaughter appearing in a play at the Crucible in Sheffield.

Thanks

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@TheCaller Have I missed the list opening for this one please. Thought it was going to happen last week and have been watching it but not heard anything.
No, you haven't missed it. It will be this evening. No panic though - with the extra spaces we now have & the number now doing other things, we don't look as if we will have anything like the space problems we looked like having.

From April 10th
I would open booking next weekend, but that coincides with Peterborough & not everyone has internet at shows. I am then away myself with work for a couple of days, so booking will open at 7pm, Wednesday 20th April.

I'm flat out with work today (just having a quick lunch break), so may struggle to hit the 7pm target, but it will be there or thereabouts.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Hi Simon,

Can you please take us off the list as granddaughter appearing in a play at the Crucible in Sheffield.

Thanks
Delighted for your granddaughter, but sorry you can't make it, especially as we can't make Misterton this year.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
No, you haven't missed it. It will be this evening. No panic though - with the extra spaces we now have & the number now doing other things, we don't look as if we will have anything like the space problems we looked like having.
Are you still only taking booking for musicians? Or can us audience types book tonight?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Link should work now.

If not, just go to the Scheduled Rallies sub-forum. I'm getting another round of 'stopped script' errors tonight.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
There are a couple of tags I can't get to work. One is pat1951, who might no longer be a member(?) & the other is Big E, who I suspect is Big E & Jan the Legend, but the system steadfastly refuses to make the tag show.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Are you still only taking booking for musicians? Or can us audience types book tonight?
Yes, booking open tonight for everyone. I will run two lists for a week, after which it will be just one list. Any audience bookings who are in early are pretty much guaranteed a place, because there is no way we are going to get 40+ musicians!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back