Rally Chat Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs (1 Viewer)

Dickie

Free Member
Jan 2, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can you put us down for this meet please. Jacqui and Ted. I haven't read all the posts yet but it sounds good and just down the road from us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi can you put us down for this meet please. Jacqui and Ted. I haven't read all the posts yet but it sounds good and just down the road from us.
Long time no hear/see Jacqui & Ted. It would be nice to do some catching up. (y)

Oh yes, nearly forgot, welcome to FUN. (y)
Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Dickie

Free Member
Jan 2, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jock and Rita
We looked for you at Newark but didn't see you.

Had to put a different forum name as I ended up re-joining Fun. I forgot my password and changed my email
Address since the last time on the forum, it was easier to rejoin. Dickie is my nickname from school, shortened version of my surname. Lovely to hear from you

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Lovely to hear from you
And you Jacqui. Please give our best to Ted.

Sorry we missed you, but we were in Germany when the Newark Autumn show, and the Lincoln show was on. We'll be heading for Italy when the P/boro show is on, and we are not sure about going to the Newark Spring show as yet.

Back on topic, ;) we hope to see you both at the Music Mechanics Meet. (y)

Dickie

Free Member
Jan 2, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2004
Hopefully we will be able to get on the list. We went to a weekend "jam" session near Darlington which was very well subscribed and I toyed with the idea of organising another one and then I saw this thread.
I sing in a band now and two of the other band members have motorhomes. If we can't get on the list maybe Ted and I could probably just pop down anyway as we are only about 5 miles away from the Bubble car museum

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, can you take me off the list please.
Thanks very much, Sue

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
i am sure I put a comment on the thread but cannot find so if I have boobed , please add us to your list.
margaret and dave

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Any idea when you will start the proper booking list on this one please? I would like to come (name down already) but may be away in the spring. Will you be sending warning PM to all of us who have expressed an interest please?
The original plan for booking is set out here. That was posted after the idea had been floated for just two days.

We are clearly going to be well over-subscribed. I therefore want to make sure we can get as many people in as possible. This is going to involve a site visit - I have found that email communications with the site produce responses notable for their brevity!

The museum is now closed for the winter & they haven't published any 2016 dates yet. So it may be that the original plan to open booking at the end of February may need to be delayed for a week or two. So in answer to your question, I don't quite know yet.

My plan is to put a warning pre-booking post on here with the date that booking will open. I will endeavour to tag everyone who has expressed an interest.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The original plan for booking is set out here. That was posted after the idea had been floated for just two days.

We are clearly going to be well over-subscribed. I therefore want to make sure we can get as many people in as possible. This is going to involve a site visit - I have found that email communications with the site produce responses notable for their brevity!

The museum is now closed for the winter & they haven't published any 2016 dates yet. So it may be that the original plan to open booking at the end of February may need to be delayed for a week or two. So in answer to your question, I don't quite know yet.

My plan is to put a warning pre-booking post on here with the date that booking will open. I will endeavour to tag everyone who has expressed an interest.
Thanks. (Don't seem to have the ability to "like" on this thread!). I suspect we may be away in February with only occasional internet :(:cry:. Really want to go because I used to own an Issetta bubble car that I could use on my bike licence. Just have to keep our fingers crossed.

lowgill

Free Member
Apr 4, 2013
lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Been motorhoming since 2013
Hi are we on your definite list. We would like to be if not please .Lynne & Kevin ( lowgill)

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Hi are we on your definite list. We would like to be if not please .Lynne & Kevin ( lowgill)
There is no such list, although I am assuming that anyone who has expressed an interest is definitely interested, unless they have since said otherwise.

See posts #1, #42 & #316.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Funny old world... Been to this place a few times. It run by Paula and Mike C
The rally field is medium sized and the museum is worth a visit but not overly large( the entrance fee is modest)
There is a coffee shop which I guess can seat 20-30
Camping facilities are M & F toilets /showers and a couple of EHU pitches
It's well into the countryside but Lincoln is not too far.
Paula will reply to you but as you say it's closed right now
I have organised big events with Paula and she is capable of sorting things out when the time approaches
Pm me if you need any help
Neil

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
@bubble63 - Yes, as you say, it's not very big, neither the museum nor the rally field. Mike suggested that 25 vans was the ideal maximum but as we now have over 80 people expressing an interest I want to have a chat with them about trying to squeeze a few more in.

Funsters are a friendly bunch & as Southport proved, are perfectly happy to cuddle up where necessary, rather than turn people away. If site facilities are going to come under pressure, then funsters are probably more able to rely on their own facilities than the average of campers in general, especially if asked to do so. Basic safety has to be preserved, of course, but I have a feeling that the safety limit is higher than the 'comfort' limit which I think is what dictates the 25 van suggestion.

They are lovely people & have been very helpful, but I have found that proper face to face conversations are the way to go, rather than trying to do things by email. That's why I'm planning to do another site visit for a discussion as soon as I can.

We were booked as the band for a wedding there last summer & it was great. I made the initial enquiries the next morning before I left & we have since firmed up on the date & the fact that we would like the whole site by email, but I think any further details will best be sorted out on site.

Thanks for your offer of help - I may well take you up on it. (y) Are you hoping to attend? Given your forum name & that you have organised events with them before, I'm guessing you have an interest in the museum side of things, at least! :)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Yes I guess the name is a give away
10 years ago I organised the Isetta 50th rally at their previous site

Guest of honour......... Sir Jimmy Savile :whistle:

We had about 60 cars and yes ...... Savile hadn't been outed
He was actually good fun but if only we had known:eek:
I have been to various rally there since including the 60th Isetta do

I could bring a bubble car if I am free that weekend , I collect them

Neil

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi @TheCaller , might just fit in with our plans if me move a couple of things, so certainly interested, and love the sound of a laid-back week end. Jackie and Griff

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Hi, is this meet now a definate meet. I may have missed a thread or two if so can you add me to the list
Margaret

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
I could bring a bubble car if I am free that weekend , I collect/ them
Is that a M/H & a bubble car for the weekend, or just a day trip in the bubble car?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Hi, is this meet now a definate meet. I may have missed a thread or two if so can you add me to the list
Margaret
Margaret, if you go back to half way down the previous page to your last post at #132 (we are only on #145 now) & read on from there, you will be fully up to date with developments.

Anyone else wanting a quick précis of the story so far, see posts #1, #42, #133 & #138-140.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Is that a M/H & a bubble car for the weekend, or just a day trip in the bubble car?
its a bubble car and a motorhome for the weekend
you [anybody] can have a go if you want :) [the bubblecar;)]

http://bubblecar.co.uk/my_cars.html
the little red/white one and the orange one are serviceable at the moment, the silver one could be serviceable with a run up:giggle:
see............... I wasn't joke about Savile :eek:, I need to remove him:sick:

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Ok, your interest is duly noted. Keep an eye out for the formal booking opening a later, once I've been to see them.

the silver one could be serviceable with a run up:giggle:
The schmitt is my favourite. My uncle had one & as a kid in the early sixties, had great fun being taken for rides round the army camp he was stationed on. Been wanting to get in the front seat ever since!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
you [anybody] can have a go if you want :) [the bubblecar;)]

http://bubblecar.co.uk/my_cars.html
the little red/white one and the orange one are serviceable at the moment, the silver one could be serviceable with a run up:giggle:
see............... I wasn't joke about Savile :eek:, I need to remove him:sick:
Love the Issetta. I had one in 1967 - 69.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back