Motorhomers dumping waste in Murcia (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What are your thoughts on the ones who empty toilets into the bushes and set up a long term camp??
Personally those who empty toilets in bushes id like to tie down put a funnel in their mouths and make them drink the contents of their own cassettes.

The long-term camping in one place I just pity them to be honest. There's only so many things you can see in a town and if sitting in their vans watching sky tv every night is their idea of travelling and not moving around discovering new places then it's their loss.
I have seen some small benefits to this approach in a few places ...such as cullera where there's probably 100 vans there ...but theu are all using the local shops and laundarrettes etc in a town that woukd be pretty quiet without them. The plot is on a abandoned former campsite and seems to be completely tolerated by the police etc as they drove through several times a day on the 2 days I stayed there last week. I believe the longtermers there are using a manhole drain to dispose of waste but didn't see it myself. And I think they are finding water somewhere nearby but they do a lot of work carting containers a fair distance to get it ....which I personally couldn't be bothered with I'd rather leave and drive to a proper aire to service.

I'm not sure what the locals opinions on the matter is whether they object to it or welcome it im unsure.
But I do think the local council there is missing an opportunity.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Personally those who empty toilets in bushes id like to tie down put a funnel in their mouths and make them drink the contents of their own cassettes.

The long-term camping in one place I just pity them to be honest. There's only so many things you can see in a town and if sitting in their vans watching sky tv every night is their idea of travelling and not moving around discovering new places then it's their loss.
I have seen some small benefits to this approach in a few places ...such as cullera where there's probably 100 vans there ...but theu are all using the local shops and laundarrettes etc in a town that woukd be pretty quiet without them. The plot is on a abandoned former campsite and seems to be completely tolerated by the police etc as they drove through several times a day on the 2 days I stayed there last week. I believe the longtermers there are using a manhole drain to dispose of waste but didn't see it myself. And I think they are finding water somewhere nearby but they do a lot of work carting containers a fair distance to get it ....which I personally couldn't be bothered with I'd rather leave and drive to a proper aire to service.

I'm not sure what the locals opinions on the matter is whether they object to it or welcome it im unsure.
But I do think the local council there is missing an opportunity.
its not an abandoned camp site . it was all bamboos and was fields . the owner of the club there opened it up and had it flattened for music festivals only a few years ago.
there was just a little bit of grass and a few rough ground area heading to the club . but if more than 10 vans parked up police would move folk on . there was no parking on the road . any parking over by the river you got ticketed .
been visiting alot over the years usually to go to the biker bar there .
it was possible to sneak a night or so heading towards the lighthouse . but gradually more and more apartments took all the spaces . there is and always was odd out of the way places to stop.
trouble is where there was a few motor homes traveling in winter now its thousands .
over 60,000 visit morocco between nov -april ,most will be driving through spain , yet spain is full as well. only 20 yrs ago the moroccan embassy reckoned about 5 ,000 used to visit morocco during the winter.
have seen 3-4000 m, homes along taghazoute beach parking . yet in the 70,s was only about 20 of us . just going to surf . how times change .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I must admit,,,,

I did however catch someone pissing up the side of my van,, and I did empty my waste under his steps, before I left!! That I thought was justice !! ( and that was on a site).

You sure that wasn't the German whose van you broadsided ?:whistle:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
......living the dream........ looks ghastly to me
You think this looks much better ?
Screenshot_20180222-230600.jpg
Screenshot_20180222-230426.jpg
Screenshot_20180222-230347.jpg

Shanty town in my eyes lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There is more space between the vans on the site than those parked up on the wasteland.
Yes perhaps ...but they are paying to hear next door fart

The ones on the waste ground can hear it for free....or move to another patch without contacting reception .

Makes all the difference

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Yes perhaps ...but they are paying to hear next door fart

Should have been a multi quote but can’t be arsed going back through the thread, but youve mentioned this several times Tam, and guess what........I’ve got a solution for ya(y)

Yup, a solid 100% guaranteed solution, that will enable you to enjoy the many pleasures of the above campsites, where you can study the plumbing and drainage of campsite toilet facilities, enjoy slightly higher than average bar prices, take a dip in the pool which is never used for the odd pee by a geriatric crumbly with peeling skin, and study the innovative architecture of designer long term awnings utilising pallets and garden screening, and appreciate the advantage of parking close to your neighbour so that in the event of a fall or stumble, whether due to age or alcohol, you can easily summon help by gently calling out............get a set of earplugs:p:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think you should try it, I think you’d love it:lips::imoutahere:

Reactions: TCG

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Should have been a multi quote but can’t be arsed going back through the thread, but youve mentioned this several times Tam, and guess what........I’ve got a solution for ya(y)

Yup, a solid 100% guaranteed solution, that will enable you to enjoy the many pleasures of the above campsites, where you can study the plumbing and drainage of campsite toilet facilities, enjoy slightly higher than average bar prices, take a dip in the pool which is never used for the odd pee by a geriatric crumbly with peeling skin, and study the innovative architecture of designer long term awnings utilising pallets and garden screening, and appreciate the advantage of parking close to your neighbour so that in the event of a fall or stumble, whether due to age or alcohol, you can easily summon help by gently calling out............get a set of earplugs:p:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You've sold me .....somebody book me on a beni site I'll nip in to one of the many farmacias and grab some plugs :D2

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Morning everyone...

Just enjoyed another peaceful, FREE night in a Quarteira Hotel carpark right next to the garden and swimming pool.

Will now change out of my Jim Jams and wander into same hotel where I will join my Princess for (sadly not free) brekky in the sun drenched dining room.

I am definitely "freeloading" but cannot for the life of me see how I can be "spoiling" anything for the "I always pay at campsites" brigade".

Motorhoming to the maximum.

Rock On!

20180223_084405.jpg

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

Deleted User
Morning everyone...

Just enjoyed another peaceful, FREE night in a Quarteira Hotel carpark right next to the garden and swimming pool.

Will now change out of my Jim Jams and wander into same hotel where I will join my Princess for (sadly not free) brekky in the sun drenched dining room.

I am definitely "freeloading" but cannot for the life of me see how I can be "spoiling" anything for the "I always pay at campsites" brigade".

Rock On!

Of course they will let us all in to the free gated hotel car park.......please form an orderly queue:)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Of course they will let us all in to the free gated hotel car park.......please form an orderly queue:)

Please tell me your arrival time and I will see if my people can arrange it for you...

Might be a tad difficult if you still have that massive, space taking 5ver.

Deleted User
Please tell me your arrival time and I will see if my people can arrange it for you...

Might be a tad difficult if you still have that massive, space taking 5ver.

Still got it but static now, nice little PVC for touring, even a spot of free**** , strictly authorised places only obviously:D

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
You think this looks much better ?View attachment 214868 View attachment 214869 View attachment 214870
Shanty town in my eyes lol

From above it looks bad I agree however each pitch is delineated by hedgerows and has water , drainage and a chemical emptying point nearby also the boundary usually has trees etc. screening the site off from view at ground level so not as much of an eyesore or nuisance to local inhabitants.

I like wild camping but not where it causes grief to local residents or where I would be packed in tight like sardines - additionally the way you and lots of others tend to wild camp is IMO just fine - stay a few nights, move on, empty and fill responsibly, use camping sites when it suits you etc. - again IMO that is a good way to enjoy motorhoming :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Morning everyone...

Rock On!

View attachment 214902

Nah thats not "freeloading" that's a mutually beneficial arrangement, you BUY breakfast in exchange for a place to park your van.

Martin

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

You don't seem to like us septuagenarians who sometimes use campsites much then Dave - on the other hand I am quite prepared to like you whatever age you are - still it takes all sorts :)

Last edited:
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
A couple of years ago we were at Disneyland Paris to see in the New Year.
A chap who was looking a bit worse for wear gets back to his van about 2.00am.
Two minutes later he walks around his van and opens the cassette door.
He pulls out the cassette, unscrews the lid and proceeds to pour it all over the floor, didn't even walk away from the van.
He puts the cassette back in, closes the door and disappears back into his van. No f***s given.
This is what we're up against - some people simply don't care...

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
The bottom photo of 3 Tam @Northernraider is of Los Madriles just up the road from La Azohia ......far from being a shanty town it is one of the best kept sites in Spain the two brothers that run it have exceptionally high standards and make sure the site is always neat and tidy

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
You don't seem to like us septuagenarians who sometimes use campsites much then Dave - on the other hand I am quite prepared to like you whatever age you are - still it takes all sorts :)
LOL, it is all firmly tongue in cheek, honest, I am off to one of those sites in Beni as we speak!!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The bottom photo of 3 Tam @Northernraider is of Los Madriles just up the road from La Azohia ......far from being a shanty town it is one of the best kept sites in Spain the two brothers that run it have exceptionally high standards and make sure the site is always neat and tidy
Well it looks hellish to me lol.
Don't care how neat and tidy it is ....its way too packed and "Butlins " like for me.

But as I've said before different folk have different likes.

Personally I like a motorhome for giving me accommodation where I want it.
If I wanted to be that close to everyone else and pay that cost id just fly somewhere and be in an all inclusive hotel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back