Motorhomers dumping waste in Murcia (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Its not just the inconsiderate toilet emptying.... A couple of weeks ago I witnessed a British couple unashamedly getting out their collapsible ladder from their American RV, climb up and proceed to cut back a perfectly healthy tree so that it would clear their vehicle lest they should be disturbed. The very next morning... 9 hours later ... they moved to another pitch.
Whilst they cleared the debris from their surrounds, high winds promptly deposited it all onto the main parking area where of course, the local council workers would have had to spend their time sweeping it all up.

Ps: did I mention that the RV sported Funster badges?

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Why does overnight camping have to be free? €6 per night €42 per week, is that really a problem? No moving on, place to dump, I don’t get it.
Want to park in a remote spot? Don’t want to mix? Fine, next morning go to site, pay €6 dump and fill tank.

I know, I know, it’s me. Loads will tell me why they shouldn’t have to do that. Then some will go home and complain about the dirty filthy gipsies.

Yup! I just don’t get it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Why does overnight camping have to be free? €6 per night €42 per week, is that really a problem? No moving on, place to dump, I don’t get it.
Want to park in a remote spot? Don’t want to mix? Fine, next morning go to site, pay €6 dump and fill tank.

I know, I know, it’s me. Loads will tell me why they shouldn’t have to do that. Then some will go home and complain about the dirty filthy gipsies.

well camping is one thing . overnight parking is another .
spain does allow overnight parking . Broken Link Removed
mind this also goes back years to the instructions 08/v-74 rules , thanks to momo for posting them back then.
just follow the rules and its allowed .
just prove to the police or guardia you are following the rules .
i carry copies in spanish and catallan . also give copies to them if they arent familiar with their own rules .
had the interiour minister of spains office send me a copy so its on the books they did send it.
half the police in spain dont know the rules .
mind in uk you may find this site very helpful.
https://www.gypsy-traveller.org/about-us/
or this one http://www.showmensguild.com/transport.htm
both very helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

I think Spain needs to come up with a "middle" ground to cater for the ever-increasing numbers of northern European motorhome winterisers. Something in between camp sites and obtrusive and invasive parking. Somewhere where motorhomers can park up, have toilet emptying facilities and the option of filling up (at cost) with water. Talk of €10 and upwards would kill it dead. €5 - 8 makes it attractive.
Ideally, I would like to see these implemented by the Ayuntamientos themsleves so that monies received go back to the communities who are good enough to allow us to park up. Spain is sitting on a winter goldmine with us motorhomers and they are losing business to more amenable competitors.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
well camping is one thing . overnight parking is another .
spain does allow overnight parking . Broken Link Removed
mind this also goes back years to the instructions 08/v-74 rules , thanks to momo for posting them back then.
just follow the rules and its allowed .
just prove to the police or guardia you are following the rules .
i carry copies in spanish and catallan . also give copies to them if they arent familiar with their own rules .
had the interiour minister of spains office send me a copy so its on the books they did send it.
half the police in spain dont know the rules .
mind in uk you may find this site very helpful.
https://www.gypsy-traveller.org/about-us/
or this one http://www.showmensguild.com/transport.htm
both very helpful.

Yes I know all of that information as I have a house in Spain and use Motorhome . What I was saying was, I just didn’t get why people would not pay a small amount of money to dump a tank full of s+it and prefer to mess up somebody else’s country, then (possibly) go home and complain IF they thought somebody was doing the same thing near their house. Wild camp by all means but don’t think you have the right to tip your crap where you like because you are not in your home country.

Spain is bringing out new laws to stop wild camping in some places, and to be fair in don’t blame them, some of the “wild camping” is as close to disgusting as you can get.

Just my thoughts.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I would love to se the faces of some of the peaple that just think it’s ok to dump all there black and grey anywhere, if when they got home someone was parked outside there house doing the same. :eek:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
doesnt need new laws to stop wild camping . the laws are already there .
just park . its not hard .
its getting across the rules thats at fault. some dont seem to read them or abide by them.

Round in circles. But you are right, it doesn’t need laws, it needs decent, clean, nice people. That is why Spain is saying, yes we know they spend money but, is all the crap we have to put up with from these tight fisted Motorhomers worth it.

I know that if Corby (UK) had all these wild tight campers tipping crap down manholes I would tell them the second word is off!! Pick your own first word. Yes I know, who in their right mind would want to go to Corby :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
To be honest there's also two sides to this.
The campsites start at a heavy price some up to €30 for a night and offer increasing discounts the longer you stay . So you get people who book a year in advance and fill all the campsites for 3 to 6 months so there simply isn't the space for all the visiting motorhomes in the first place. The free aires and low cost aires is Spain are in the not so popular areas . The aires in the popular areas charge almost the same as the campsites which have in some cases 2 foot between vans.
If like France and the north of Spain they had dedicated waste disposals and coin operated water for say a couple of euros then that would remove a lot of the grey and waste dumping issues. The sections of waste ground coukd easily allow parking of up to 72 hours each van.
The campsites shoukd remove the discounts for long-term residents or have it for caravans only. This way people who actually tour in a motorhome could get in a site instead of the static caravans.
I've zero desire to stay in one place for 3 months but it seems the only way to get a site for around €10 a night.....
It's easy for those who clog up the sites for 3 to 6 months to have a pop at those who wish to have a bit of peace and not have to watch how loud they talk etc because the neighbours are less than a metre away

2 sides to every argument but my opinion if you want to reside in one spot for 3 to 6 months rent an apartment or a static caravan and don't take up valuable touring spaces because you want them cheaper than touring. And then call those who wish to tour tight because they won't subsidise your cheap site fees by paying over the going rate.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That explains why I didn't see you when we stayed at the aire in Aguilas recently and walked into town.:) Still a few motorhomes on the beach though.
Did you use Anibal ?
I pay rates here near Wigan, that does not entitle me to water from a tap in London, or to put waste in someone else's bin in Portsmouth. I know people do that, but it's not how it's supposed to work.
To exaggerate, imagine if all the "wildcampers" decided to use your local sewage facilities by lifting your nearest manhole cover. It could soon become apparent that your existing waste treatment facilities are becoming overwhelmed, and the local conselho could decide that they need you to cough up for the improvement. There's always a straw that breaks the camel's back.

Off topic I know but that's how UK benefits work ,those oop north in the cold areas migrate to the south & west unfortunately.

Don't understand how they can't use a proper aire to dispose of waste and refill ...there are plenty about and mostly free ....although sometimes you have to go further inland..
Most are French & don't like paying.:LOL:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its not really a problem in uk as there are loads of public toilets you can tip your cassettes down . and taps all over uk to get water.
in spain there isnt public toilets as the spnish decided years ago to not have them ,but business would let the public use their toilets and pay less rates . thats why most spanish carry a few sheets of toilet paper with them as very often toilets dont have paper.
the street bins in spain are for public use . so there should be no probs getting rid of bagged rubbish.
uk doesnt really have public big bins . it should be more helpful.
france only got airres because french campsites couldnt take m,homes when they became popular so the french motorhomers parked all over the place . the clubs etc all got together and the local councils agreed to set up the airres .
france at one time didnt hardly have caravans . campsites were for tents . big continental tents some stopped fixed up all summer .
spain was also like it ,germand ,dutch french spanish . put up tents in spring and left them there all summer , the families used them as and when they wanted to.
bit different to uk.
but just about all the french airres were free originally ,you might have had to pay to use the bournes that supplied water etc .

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
@gus-lopez, yes stayed at Anibal for 5 days. Well organised, good facilities and plenty of room between rows. They have a key system for the chemical disposal, gate and showers, so seems quite secure. They do a roaring trade in LPG filling anything from fitted tanks and bottles to calor bottles.
Stayed at Bellavista last time and saw many of the people who were on site two years ago in the bars, restaurants and Mercadona but not you this time:)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Yes I know all of that information as I have a house in Spain and use Motorhome . What I was saying was, I just didn’t get why people would not pay a small amount of money to dump a tank full of s+it and prefer to mess up somebody else’s country, then (possibly) go home and complain IF they thought somebody was doing the same thing near their house. Wild camp by all means but don’t think you have the right to tip your crap where you like because you are not in your home country.

Spain is bringing out new laws to stop wild camping in some places, and to be fair in don’t blame them, some of the “wild camping” is as close to disgusting as you can get.

Just my thoughts.
Lady
Last year I wrote on Fun that a Moho was parked and overnight8ng just off the paseo marit8mo in Fuengirola - no wonder people are getting seriously p***ed off

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
This annoys me though ...i pulled in to a nice spot on the beach earlier in denia where parking has been tolerated , it's quiet and near a restaurant and shops and an easy walk in to the town. But sadly the police are clamping down and moving people in the evening. But still you get idiots doing this right in front of the restaurant so everyone suffers View attachment 214569 View attachment 214570

Tam,, you should have sold him your washing machine! Lol

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@gus-lopez, yes stayed at Anibal for 5 days. Well organised, good facilities and plenty of room between rows. They have a key system for the chemical disposal, gate and showers, so seems quite secure. They do a roaring trade in LPG filling anything from fitted tanks and bottles to calor bottles.
Stayed at Bellavista last time and saw many of the people who were on site two years ago in the bars, restaurants and Mercadona but not you this time:)

Yes I was down there to pick up a friend who stayed overnight there 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was surprised at how many pitches there are & the space between as you say. He got his calor filled as well after spotting them filling a Swedes big cylinders.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
To be honest there's also two sides to this.
The campsites start at a heavy price some up to €30 for a night and offer increasing discounts the longer you stay . So you get people who book a year in advance and fill all the campsites for 3 to 6 months so there simply isn't the space for all the visiting motorhomes in the first place. The free aires and low cost aires is Spain are in the not so popular areas . The aires in the popular areas charge almost the same as the campsites which have in some cases 2 foot between vans.
If like France and the north of Spain they had dedicated waste disposals and coin operated water for say a couple of euros then that would remove a lot of the grey and waste dumping issues. The sections of waste ground coukd easily allow parking of up to 72 hours each van.
The campsites shoukd remove the discounts for long-term residents or have it for caravans only. This way people who actually tour in a motorhome could get in a site instead of the static caravans.
I've zero desire to stay in one place for 3 months but it seems the only way to get a site for around €10 a night.....
It's easy for those who clog up the sites for 3 to 6 months to have a pop at those who wish to have a bit of peace and not have to watch how loud they talk etc because the neighbours are less than a metre away

2 sides to every argument but my opinion if you want to reside in one spot for 3 to 6 months rent an apartment or a static caravan and don't take up valuable touring spaces because you want them cheaper than touring. And then call those who wish to tour tight because they won't subsidise your cheap site fees by paying over the going rate.
Its as cheap in some places to rent an apartment than pay site fees but an apartment is not the same as a friendly campsite,,,Much better social life on a camp site,,,Just had two weeks in Grand Canary in a bungalow,,enjoyed it but not as much as using my van,,BUSBY:)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In your opinion

But opinions vary....immensely.

In my view ...booking a campsite a year in advance reserving all the best spots for 3 to 6 months in order to get it as cheap as possible is also trying to spend as little as possible.

And there are many who brag about doing just that.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am having a wry smile to myself reading some of these anti off-site motorhoming views.

After freeloading by Faro airport for a couple of nights, I am now freeloading in a hotel car park (gated) in the centre of Quarteira for four nights.

None of these hoards of motorhomes on the market site at €3 per night here.

I am on my own, with full permission from the hotel, and it is not costing me a penny.

You keep to your crowded campsites if you want... ;)

JJ :cool:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I am having a wry smile to myself reading some of these anti off-site motorhoming views.

After freeloading by Faro airport for a couple of nights, I am now freeloading in a hotel car park (gated) in the centre of Quarteira for four nights.

None of these hoards of motorhomes on the market site at €3 per night here.

I am on my own, with full permission from the hotel, and it is not costing me a penny.

You keep to your crowded campsites if you want... ;)

JJ :cool:

Couldn't agree more, if what you want is to by yourself, away from the world, keeping people at a distance, have nothing to do with the human race.....WONDERFUL!!!! Just don't chuck your rubbish and crap in the ditch!!

But I am talking about up to 100 Motorhomes parked in a place that would P*ss off the locals, not some bloke parked in a field or car park by himself or perhaps one or 2 others.

I think that is the whole point of the post, are you parking and making a mess? would you want this outside your home? Would you complain if it was a load of gypsies in your Town?

Well let me make this clear........I BLOODY WOULD!!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Let's be honest, in the summer much of Spain wallows in an open sewer fragrance. I reckon even with all the campers gone that smell would remain. ;)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Let's be honest, in the summer much of Spain wallows in an open sewer fragrance. I reckon even with all the campers gone that smell would remain. ;)

Never noticed that nowdays,,,Only shit i see about comes from dogs,,,BUSBY,,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back