Motorhomers dumping waste in Murcia (3 Viewers)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

... because "new to motorhoming" Members join almost every day and I don't want them to think that the only way to go motorhoming is to book into campsites, park up and plug in. :whistle:

I am on a sacred, devine mission to show folk the paradise that is off-site motorhoming! ;)

Freedom from petty minded rules and restrictions...(y)

JJ :cool:

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
... because "new to motorhoming" Members join almost every day and I don't want them to think that the only way to go motorhoming is to book into campsites, park up and plug in. :whistle:

I am on a sacred, devine mission to show folk the paradise that is off-site motorhoming! ;)

I am new to motor homing, after being a caravan tugger for years.. i never wild camped, and i have never freeloaded. i cannot see the fun in parking in a car park, why would anyone want to do that. but hey ho each to their own.
while in France last year seen many occasions drains in roads with remnants of toilet paper stuck to the grid... disgusting

Deleted User

Conversely I think it wise to point out to new motorhomers that ownership of your own 'mobile home' does not give anyone the right to park and set up 'home' anywhere they fancy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I am new to motor homing, after being a caravan tugger for years.. i never wild camped, and i have never freeloaded. i cannot see the fun in parking in a car park, why would anyone want to do that. but hey ho each to their own.
Here's just one example of why I might choose to stay in a Car Park.
This is at Mont Louis in the Pyrenees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont-Louis
The 'car park' is 6euros per night and perfectly located for visiting the walled town. On the right is the car park attendant collecting fees.
Camper Contact 8633.
Nearest campsite is 20min away... no brainer for me(y)
P1040205_a76ef047d8d24c03823acdf41c4ee7c8.jpg

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
The 'car park' is 6euros per night and perfectly located for visiting the walled town. On the right is the car park attendant collecting fees.
Camper Contact 8633.
View attachment 214729
Nice Location, are you allowed to get the chairs and the barbi out

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
while in France last year seen many occasions drains in roads with remnants of toilet paper stuck to the grid... disgusting
You should have stuck to caravanning they are designed to be tethered to a mains plug.
The last campsite I was in there were balls being bounced , bikes being ridden eratically, water balloons being filled in the toilet block, blocked toilets , wimmen screaming at kids , nosey sods gawping in my Windows every two minutes, wardens complaining if your van was an inch over the marker, squeeky swings , constant noise , and either a half mile hike to anything interesting or the noise from everything interesting.
And you got charged for everything, van individual person, awning, hookup etc etc etc

I'll stick to my free spots

At least then if I have other vans parked near me I can either move or remind myself at least I'm not paying for that inconvenience.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Conversely I think it wise to point out to new motorhomers that ownership of your own 'mobile home' does not give anyone the right to park and set up 'home' anywhere they fancy.

Agree. BUT there any many, many places where, if you park up alone, you'll not have any problems or interruptions. Spain is a big country, BUT most visitors want to cram into a few places (coastal usually). Go a few km inland and it's a different scenario.

Camper Contact 8633.
View attachment 214729

Unfortunately €6 is FAR TOO EXPENSIVE for some winter visitors.

Here in Totana it's €7 for a place to "camp", fill up with fresh water and empty grey and black. ALSO included is free WIFI.

If you want other services there is a shower for €1 for six minutes, a washing machine and a dryer (for the odd day when alfresco drying isn't possible) €3 each. And a library of (mainly) Brit books. Add in our free advice or even guiding, of walks or mountain biking, and we think it's good value. BUT we still have comments saying it's too expensive.

JUST WHAT DO SOME PEOPLE WANT??? BLOOD!!!

Some Orienteering friends have just arrived back here after spending a few nights near Guardamar/La Marina in the Costa Blanca to do some training. Put off from joining the hoardes "camping" in the unauthorised areas, they found a quiet spot where they were joined by a Dutch van. They were disgusted by them emptying, in the bushes, not only the contents of their toilet, but also their cat litter tray!!! Our friends banged on their window but we're totally ignored.

THEN PEOPLE WONDER WHY THE AUTHORITIES ARE CLAMPING DOWN ON THESE FREELOADING SCUM!!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Agree. BUT there any many, many places where, if you park up alone, you'll not have any problems or interruptions. Spain is a big country, BUT most visitors want to cram into a few places (coastal usually). Go a few km inland and it's a different scenario.

Unfortunately €6 is FAR TOO EXPENSIVE for some winter visitors.

Here in Totana it's €7 for a place to "camp", fill up with fresh water and empty grey and black. ALSO included is free WIFI.

If you want other services there is a shower for €1 for six minutes, a washing machine and a dryer (for the odd day when alfresco drying isn't possible) €3 each. And a library of (mainly) Brit books. Add in our free advice or even guiding, of walks or mountain biking, and we think it's good value. BUT we still have comments saying it's too expensive.

JUST WHAT DO SOME PEOPLE WANT??? BLOOD!!!

Some Orienteering friends have just arrived back here after spending a few nights near Guardamar/La Marina in the Costa Blanca to do some training. Put off from joining the hoardes "camping" in the unauthorised areas, they found a quiet spot where they were joined by a Dutch van. They were disgusted by them emptying, in the bushes, not only the contents of their toilet, but also their cat litter tray!!! Our friends banged on their window but we're totally ignored.

THEN PEOPLE WONDER WHY THE AUTHORITIES ARE CLAMPING DOWN ON THESE FREELOADING SCUM!!!
I think that's good value at €7 I've seen some aires on park4night at €23 per night and boast there's free wifi lol

Deleted User
You should have stuck to caravanning they are designed to be tethered to a mains plug.
The last campsite I was in there were balls being bounced , bikes being ridden eratically, water balloons being filled in the toilet block, blocked toilets , wimmen screaming at kids , nosey sods gawping in my Windows every two minutes, wardens complaining if your van was an inch over the marker, squeeky swings , constant noise , and either a half mile hike to anything interesting or the noise from everything interesting.
And you got charged for everything, van individual person, awning, hookup etc etc etc

At least then if I have other vans parked near me I can either move or remind myself at least I'm not paying for that inconvenience.

Why do you assume that caravans need to be 'tethered' to ehu on sites?

Many caravans are equally self sufficient as motorhomes and can be fitted with extra leisure batteries and solar panels just as motorhomes can be.

I 'toured', in the real sense of the word, throughout the UK, France, Spain and Portugal in a caravan without ehu.

I find it difficult to understand the belief that caravans cannot 'wild camp' or use aires in the same way as motorhomes, what is the difference between a car and caravan and a motorhome towing a trailer/toad.

I have used many aires for overnight stops with our 5'er.

In Santa Luzia every winter a large motorhome arrives with a car and a trailer and stays for many months on a car park with no facilities, taking up 3 spaces.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Why do you assume that caravans need to be 'tethered' to ehu on sites?

Many caravans are equally self sufficient as motorhomes and can be fitted with extra leisure batteries and solar panels just as motorhomes can be.

I 'toured', in the real sense of the word, throughout the UK, France, Spain and Portugal in a caravan without ehu.

I find it difficult to understand the belief that caravans cannot 'wild camp' or use aires in the same way as motorhomes, what is the difference between a car and caravan and a motorhome towing a trailer/toad.

I have used many aires for overnight stops with our 5'er.

In Santa Luzia every winter a large motorhome arrives with a car and a trailer and stays for many months on a car park with no facilities, taking up 3 spaces.

Andalucia is looking into allowing caravans onto Areas de Autocaravanas in the future (allegedly). This then may have a knock on effect but will anger the campsites even more!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mainly because you keep generalising.
The use of the word freeloader is the bit that gets my back up and many others.

I don't pay for parking very often

But I buy in the shops the restaurants I pay to visit castles monasteries museums etc

If I can use a free aire to empty waste and fill water I do because they are there.

I'm pretty sure many of the people you call freeloaders do the same

Of course there may be those who bring 3 months supply of food with them from their home countries but I think they may be the minority.

The same as it's not everyone who freeparks that dumps waste and leaves a mess behind but by using the word "freeloader" that's what your insinuating

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

How about "people"

But you may want to put the word some in front of it.

Believe me I hate people who dump waste in bushes and throw litter about etc as much as you do.

But

Parking for free.
Filling eater from a public tap.
Putting rubbish in a public bin.
Emptying a cassette in a public toilet.

All these things I don't find a problem.
I've seen people with a beaten up old converted van do this and I've seen people with morello and concordes do this.

People just have different ways of doing things

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I would counter that with

'It gives one the freedom to park a motorhome anywhere where it is not forbidden'

Which in many countries is the vast majority of space available.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For those people who use the word 'Freeloading', may I ask whether they consider stopping on a free Aire, in France or elsewhere, and using any free facilities(most have free access to cassette emptying) is in your opinion 'Freeloading'?

If any you who have used that term are not prepared to answer, please desist from using the term.

Geoff

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
For those people who use the word 'Freeloading', may I ask whether they consider stopping on a free Aire, in France or elsewhere, and using any free facilities(most have free access to cassette emptying) is in your opinion 'Freeloading'?

If any you who have used that term are not prepared to answer, please desist from using the term.

Geoff

I don't regard this as FREELOADING unless people stay on such places long term. Any official place is there to be used as intended as a place to empty, fill, sleep and move on. Maybe a second night is allowed. It's the unofficial, dumping in the bushes, scrounging for water, putting out all the accoutrements of camping and staying for weeks or months in one place, etc. that gets peoples' backs up!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

'It gives one the freedom to park a motorhome anywhere where it is not forbidden'

What are your thoughts on the ones who empty toilets into the bushes and set up a long term camp??

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

What were you doing on a Caravan and Motorhome Club Site ?? BUSBY:D:D

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I must admit,,,,

I never freecamp or whatever you call it here in the uk,, wouldn’t want to!!

But when I did my first trip in Spain, I stayed in some deserted areas, towns beachfronts which were far nicer than some sites/ aires over there! But never did I see anyone emptying a cassette in the hedges, dunes, woods, down a manhole,,, I’m glad it’s not that common! I did however catch someone pissing up the side of my van,, and I did empty my waste under his steps, before I left!! That I thought was justice !! ( and that was on a site).

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don't regard this as FREELOADING unless people stay on such places long term. Any official place is there to be used as intended as a place to empty, fill, sleep and move on. Maybe a second night is allowed. It's the unofficial, dumping in the bushes, scrounging for water, putting out all the accoutrements of camping and staying for weeks or months in one place, etc. that gets peoples' backs up!
Actually unless there are restrictions stated then there isn't always a time limit

Deleted User

No need to counter anything, I think my post is quite clear.

There are many places where I would suggest that overnighting/camping/parking would be unsuitable that are not specifically forbidden.......in the road in front of my house(if I had one) or possibly yours:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back