Motorhomers dumping waste in Murcia (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The bottom photo of 3 Tam @Northernraider is of Los Madriles just up the road from La Azohia ......far from being a shanty town it is one of the best kept sites in Spain the two brothers that run it have exceptionally high standards and make sure the site is always neat and tidy

Fully agree,,one of Spains best run sites (other than the bar) Love it there,BUSBY.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Fully agree,,one of Spains best run sites (other than the bar) Love it there,BUSBY.

I concur - great site apart from the bar!!:)

The bar shuts at half past six weekdays 2 pm Saturdays & stays closed on Sundays!!:eek:

There's nowt to like about that Oh Please!!!:cautious:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

The bar shuts at half past six weekdays 2 pm Saturdays & stays closed on Sundays!!:eek:

There is always The Social in the village,,,,Had some good nights in there,,BUSBY.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

That's cause they are in the bar on the cheap pints straight after their €2 full English breakfast and the staff know the British soaps start at 6.30pm so they all go back to their vans to watch the sky tv :D

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
That's cause they are in the bar on the cheap pints straight after their €2 full English breakfast and the staff know the British soaps start at 6.30pm so they all go back to their vans to watch the sky tv :D
Not many Brits on Isla Plans to watch soaps..no cheap pints there anyway..Plenty of life in the village though..predomidantly Spanish.

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
as a newby, I find this thread very depressing. The thought of staying on a site with hundreds of others, is not what I had envisaged when I shelled out a load of money for a MH.
how naive I am. I believe in paying fairly for any services received. In my mind, a freeloader is someone who wants to cheat the system, and get something for nothing and having no respect for the locals or their environment. I can understand wild or freecamping if care is taken to not upset locals and to leave a site clean and tidy. So dont worry people, this is one motorhomer who wont be swelling the ranks in your favourite car park or wasteland.
Now where is the best place to sell a MH!!!!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
as a newby, I find this thread very depressing. The thought of staying on a site with hundreds of others, is not what I had envisaged when I shelled out a load of money for a MH.
how naive I am. I believe in paying fairly for any services received. In my mind, a freeloader is someone who wants to cheat the system, and get something for nothing and having no respect for the locals or their environment. I can understand wild or freecamping if care is taken to not upset locals and to leave a site clean and tidy. So dont worry people, this is one motorhomer who wont be swelling the ranks in your favourite car park or wasteland.

Correct, sell on FUN, lots do, what are you selling?

Deleted User

Have you actually tried any camp/caravan sites?

They are not all as bad as some on here would suggest, in the UK there are many small 5 unit sites licenced by the 2 main clubs and others.

In Europe the sites come in all shapes and sizes to suit all tastes.

We have camped and caravaned for many years almost exclusively on sites, when we sought out isolated places to enjoy we did not normally expect to take our accommodation with us, took our vehicle and/or walked using the tent/caravan as a base.

I know motorhomes are different but I do think that the days of being able to stay almost anywhere are rapidly coming to an end because of the sheer number of motorhomes on the roads throughout Europe.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I know motorhomes are different but I do think that the days of being able to stay almost anywhere are rapidly coming to an end because of the sheer number of motorhomes on the roads throughout Europe.

agree 100% .. I would also suggest we (motorhomers) are becoming social pariahs... becoming less and less welcome, being barred from parking and generally not wanted..

Never thought I would say this, but we are now thinking on selling the van going back to caravanning.. makes a lot of sense, park the van and explore by car, park in town or by the beach without being a social menace.. only downside (for us) is not being able to use aires in France .. but even they have become expensive.. the only free ones are generally in rural areas or villages, popular ones by the coast or tourist attractions are packed out and many are now as expensive as a site.. €15 or more is not uncommon, just to park on a bit of dusty tarmac within a meter of your neighbour.. so it won't be a such a big hardship..

anyone want to buy a very nice, well appointed Hymer B644.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I don't think the days of "wild" parking are gone, just the days of people spending the whole winter (or large parts of it) in one place and camping there, not parking.

One motorhome, parked unobtrusively overnight somewhere will still be allowed.

Unfortunately many people don't want to do that, they want a beach pitch for free, for as long as they want, and don't care how they get it. They're going to to spoil it for the rest who are responsible motorhomers.
Well said!

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
Correct, sell on FUN, lots do, what are you selling?
just expressing my feelings after a couple of glasses of wine
I bought my MH with a dream of going of for some winter sun but it sounds more like a nightmare to me.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
This is how hellish it gets on one of those ghastly French municipal campsites.
DSCF4803.JPG

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I bought my MH with a dream of going of for some winter sun but it sounds more like a nightmare to me.
Loads of other places to go, time spent on research is time well spent........ the winter ghettos aren't my idea of fun either

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Tam but that isn’t the case at the Los Madriles site. The bar is only small and by the pool area...... They don’t or didn’t when we were there serve €2 breakfasts and I didn’t see anyone drinking cheap beer in a morning in fact the drinks in the bar at Los Madriles are really expensive ...most people used to walk down to the village to the social where the locals go.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

There is the whole of Europe to tour,,,not everywhere is rammed,,,BUSBY,,

Reactions: JJ

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

I would find it depressing too but I believe that you don't have to be on a site with hundreds of others. Some folk love to be surrounded by people - many don't. Personally I would hate it.

On our first trip we thought it would be a great idea to hot foot it straight down to the south of France... it was horrendous! The sites were rammed full so tightly I doubt you'd be able to open a window fully. Obviously the people staying on those sites found them to their liking or else they'd just move on. I think that's the great thing with a motorhome... if you don't like the look of the place you just move on. Needless to say we hot footed it away from the south of France as quickly as we'd hot footed it in! We found some fantastic aires and less crowded sites - we had a great time.

Don't sell your motorhome - just don't head for the areas which are likely to be packed. :)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

You should not be surprised if lots of other folk also dream of winter sun in their MoHo - we do from October when we return from France until January when we head for Spain! :)

Believe me it is not all bad - yes some places do get overcrowded here in Spain but lots of sites, even when full, give the individual camper enough privacy - it's a matter of choosing your site or your wilding spot to suit you.:)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Hi busby
Agreed, but not a lot of warm sun in the middle of winter.

True,,thats why Spain and The Algarve are so busy,,,Will be ok towards the end of march.Was out in nov and it wasn't that busy,,,,,BUSBY:):)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Sorry Tam but that isn’t the case at the Los Madriles site. The bar is only small and by the pool area...... They don’t or didn’t when we were there serve €2 breakfasts and I didn’t see anyone drinking cheap beer in a morning in fact the drinks in the bar at Los Madriles are really expensive ...most people used to walk down to the village to the social where the locals go.

No English bars in Isla Plana or L:Azoha so you would struggle to get an English breakfast,,,one or two in Puerto de Mazarron but again mainly Spanish,,,BUSBY,,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

We have been motorhoming in Spain and Portugal for nearly 20 years now, we helped set up a motorhome camperstop, we live next door to it right now, we have loads of considerate people here, those who come back every year, it costs 7 euros a night an extra 3 for electric, we can take 32 vans, no problems here, everyone gets on with everyone else.
The point I am making is that motorhoming can be fun, and can be done without causing problems for the authorities, like some places are doing. Sites if the right ones are chosen can be a good mix, some sites, some camperstops, some overnighting at acceptable locations, but this is not the correct mix for most of the wilders.....arrive October leave April, spend as little on their overnight stays as possible....its been done for many years, but looking at the numbers, it's got out of hand bigtime, and because of this the Authorities will be clamping down even more than they have in the past. And I totally support this.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Don't sell, m h life is too good to walk away like that. Yes there are sites that would give a fifties slum a good run for its money but their are countless alternatives. We have recently (mid January) spent a week on a site in Peniscola in Spain, good sized pitches, all services, good showers and laundry if you want an few other pitches in use, just enough to look used. 12 euros a night longer term negotiable. Town centre a goodish walk away but good bus service available. Town itself quiet, out of season, but very pleasant. Guess very busy high season. This just one of many hundreds you could find. I'm sure many other recommended sites have or will be mentioned here.

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
Don't sell, m h life is too good to walk away like that. Yes there are sites that would give a fifties slum a good run for its money but their are countless alternatives. We have recently (mid January) spent a week on a site in Peniscola in Spain, good sized pitches, all services, good showers and laundry if you want an few other pitches in use, just enough to look used. 12 euros a night longer term negotiable. Town centre a goodish walk away but good bus service available. Town itself quiet, out of season, but very pleasant. Guess very busy high season. This just one of many hundreds you could find. I'm sure many other recommended sites have or will be mentioned here.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back