Morocco in Motorhome for 90 days (1 Viewer)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Need to be out of Spain Portugal for180 days
Are you sure you’ve not got that wrong, it’s 90days in the Schengen zone then 90days out, before your next 90days, you can’t have 180 days all in one go

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
3 months is thst standard visa. I have spoken to people who have got extensions by applying to the local police.
Apparently you can get an extension if you know how, we were told if you are staying on Atlantic Park campsites and apply through the owners he knows the easiest processes for getting you an extension, but you have to be staying on his site for a couple of weeks.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Appreciate the replies but wanting a bit more meat on the bone in relation to motorhomers experiences in north africa.
Many thanks for the info.
We are hoping to go again this year. Same prob as you - re 90 days - and same as EuroTrotters -we have a bolt hole in Spain.
We have been to maroc 5 times now, done coastal, inland, and in between and can't wait to get back again.
Our plan, if Morocco let us in, is to do Spain when we are allowed (and when we have had the 2nd vaccine), for 90 days, Morocco 90 days, then Spain again before heading back to the UK for next summer.

This gives us the best of everything - autumn and spring in Spain and winter in Morocco, all weather better than a really good British summer.... 😎
It is what we did for 5 years when full timing.

BUT this all depends on
1, Our vaccine dates - both early 50's.
2, Europe letting us in.
3, Morocco letting us in.
4, Our 'new to us' 35 year old Hymer making it!

Regards no 4 - maroc is the place they can fix anything..... As anyone who has been will vouch.

ns3-01.jpeg

1614534413033.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Morocco, everybody I’ve spoken to has endorsed a trip, it’s a must. I’m struggling to convince my other half. We’re going to try Eu 60 days and Croatia 99 days. We want to try and reserve a four weeks block

I loved it in Morocco, it can be something of a culture shock at first but you soon get used to it, beautiful country, lovely friendly people, food and diesel cheap as chips, campsites not up to European standards, use your own facilities, ehu can be hit and miss, my wife was very reluctant on our first trip but she went along as she new it was a plan I’d had for years, but once we got there a few days later she was loving it, we wildcamped mostly at the beaches but had the odd night on a campsite, when wildcamping in most of the known locations you can get anything you need water bowsers come round, locals selling fresh fish, bread fruit, blankets and everything in between, the first time we went we were completely on our own but we muddled our way thru it ok, we ended up going every January for 10-12 weeks, did it every year for 7years worth doing if you only do it once, but make sure you stock up in Spain with beer wine before you leave Spain cos very few places sell alcohol and those that do are expensive.

Last edited:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
We are hoping to go again this year. Same prob as you - re 90 days - and same as EuroTrotters -we have a bolt hole in Spain.
We have been to maroc 5 times now, done coastal, inland, and in between and can't wait to get back again.
Our plan, if Morocco let us in, is to do Spain when we are allowed (and when we have had the 2nd vaccine), for 90 days, Morocco 90 days, then Spain again before heading back to the UK for next summer.

This gives us the best of everything - autumn and spring in Spain and winter in Morocco, all weather better than a really good British summer.... 😎

BUT this all depends on
2, Europe letting us in.

Regards no 4 - maroc is the place they can fix anything..... As anyone who has been will vouch.

View attachment 469835

View attachment 469828

Totally agree with you, if they can’t fix it in Morocco, it can’t be fixed at all, if ever you’re stuck or broken you’ll always have plenty of help and it won’t cost you a fortune like ripoff Britain.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Morocco, I’m just not sure or convinced. Seems a bit medieval to me. Not sure I could cope with the hassle.

I have been looking at our usual trips to our house in Spain. Along with our motorhome treks. As we both still work, I think we can still get by the 90/180 with a few tweaks.

Ski in UK Or fly to non Schengen.
Swap a winter trip to Spain for Abu Dhabi where two of our daughters live.

The Schengen calculator that was linked above works.,but I’m trying to find a reliable app where I can save the data.
Worth giving Morocco a try, you’ll soon adjust, fabulous country. Just as safe as Spain.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Morocco, everybody I’ve spoken to has endorsed a trip, it’s a must. I’m struggling to convince my other half. We’re going to try Eu 60 days and Croatia 99 days. We want to try and reserve a four weeks block
Morocco is fabulous in the winter. We ve been 4 times in 7 years and would be there now without Chinese killer Bug.

OP
OP
PMB

PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Morocco is fabulous in the winter. We ve been 4 times in 7 years and would be there now without Chinese killer Bug.
Can i please ask if you can recommend any sites with pool and restaurant?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The thing with Croatia is it's not very warm in the winter, average temperatures are between 2 and 9 Centigrade, whereas Morocco is between 10 and 19 Centigrade.
I agree about Croatia, can be quite changeable even in shoulder seasons because of sea mists etc.

Morocco can be a lot more than 19C inland, Tafraoute and desert areas gets pretty hot in the daytime even in February, whereas coastal areas are kept pleasant by the sea breeze.

There can be a big difference between the South and The North and also altitude. 3 years ago we left Ait Benhaddou at 25c intending to go over the High Atlas to Marrakech only to find the snow gates closed.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

BUT this all depends on
2, Europe letting us in.

View attachment 469835

View attachment 469828
Looking smart Daz

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Looking smart Daz

👍 Cheers.

Not started the outside yet,( cleaned it today and glued & screwed a few loose bits down) but this was an Internet attempt to try and see what it would look like painted our colours... 😎

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
👍 Cheers.

Not started the outside yet,( cleaned it today and glued & screwed a few loose bits down) but this was an Internet attempt to try and see what it would look like painted our colours... 😎
Is this the same hymer or have you bought another again?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Can i please ask if you can recommend any sites with pool and restaurant?
Lots but not many of them are like Europe.

The smartest one we ever saw was

Which was actually like a really good europeann one but is in the middle of nowhere

Le Relais is pretty good with a nice pool and a decent restaurant etc but gone a bit scruffier lately

But Maroc is changing all the time, Roads that were not much better than dirt tracks are now dual carriageways, New campsites opening etc etc.

If you do go you need to go with an open mind and make allowances, think some where between France and India and you won't be far away. But overall its incredibly varied, stunningly beautiful or a bit grim but very interesting and pretty reasonable.

Sorry to sound so vague :LOL:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Inshallah, we'll be returning to Morocco next January. Be happy to have any newbies tag along, which we've done the last few years and made some good friends. If everything is okay look out for a new Morocco thread around October/November.

If you want some more practical information check out my article in Resources. As far as I'm aware it's all still current.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Are you sure you’ve not got that wrong, it’s 90days in the Schengen zone then 90days out, before your next 90days, you can’t have 180 days all in one go
That’s the way I understood it when it was first explained to me

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Back in 1963 my then boyfriend and I went to Paris for the weekend. It rained the whole time so we bought train tickets and ended up spending 3 months in Tangiers. We then returned to UK, bought an old Ford Transit and a Bluebird caravan and drove back to Morocco where we put the caravan on a carpark and went when and where we wanted for nearly a year. A trip to (Spanish) Ceuta once a month and Gibraltar every three months meant we stayed legal. Probably wouldn't work now but I agree with all the positive comments about the people, the country, the cost of living and the weather - fantastic.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Back in 1963 my then boyfriend and I went to Paris for the weekend. It rained the whole time so we bought train tickets and ended up spending 3 months in Tangiers. We then returned to UK, bought an old Ford Transit and a Bluebird caravan and drove back to Morocco where we put the caravan on a carpark and went when and where we wanted for nearly a year. A trip to (Spanish) Ceuta once a month and Gibraltar every three months meant we stayed legal. Probably wouldn't work now but I agree with all the positive comments about the people, the country, the cost of living and the weather - fantastic.
Wow... what an adventure...👍🏼
do you have any old photos of that time, would be great to see them...😊

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
Unfortunately no photos ! Since those days I've moved 36 times so I tend not to hoard. Even on my phone I constantly delete pics, texts, call logs etc. Eighty next year so too old to change habits now but I do have millions of happy memories. Hope to make more this year if we ever get the chance to use our latest Moho - a 20 Yr old Hymer - stuck on the drive since we bought her just before the first Lockdown hit.

OP
OP
PMB

PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Unfortunately no photos ! Since those days I've moved 36 times so I tend not to hoard. Even on my phone I constantly delete pics, texts, call logs etc. Eighty next year so too old to change habits now but I do have millions of happy memories. Hope to make more this year if we ever get the chance to use our latest Moho - a 20 Yr old Hymer - stuck on the drive since we bought her just before the first Lockdown hit.
Well done you. Life is for living

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Is this the same hymer or have you bought another again?

Same one, made it waterproof but not done much outside yet, 'cept fix a few bits back on....
Pic looks different as I was trying to photopic it to look like the paint we have.... 😎

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Totally agree with you, if they can’t fix it in Morocco, it can’t be fixed at all, if ever you’re stuck or broken you’ll always have plenty of help and it won’t cost you a fortune like ripoff Britain.
But rip off Britain is what many of us have reaped to be able to travel.

Lawyers, Bankers, entrepreneurs, property investors, civil servants, the list is endless.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
PMB Just to make the point that just because a Moroccan campsite says it has a pool and restaurant doesnt neccesarily mean they re open in the winter. If this is important to you I would call or ask on the Moroccan 2022 thread as it gets going ( probably sometime this summer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
PMB Just to make the point that just because a Moroccan campsite says it has a pool and restaurant doesnt neccesarily mean they re open in the winter. If this is important to you I would call or ask on the Moroccan 2022 thread as it gets going ( probably sometime this summer)
Same in Spain,,many sites close their pools for the winter,,,not all though.BUSBY.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Same in Spain,,many sites close their pools for the winter,,,not all though.BUSBY.
I remember heading back to Santander from Playa Montroig a few years back with our grandchildren. It was mid June and roasting. Playa montrog had been fully open. All pools.

At one point, we got to 42c whilst travelling and had both cab and habitation a/c going.

When we got to camping Haro. I promised the little ones we could cool off in the pool. It’s was closed. Only open July & August.

CD08669C-8915-4AFC-BE9A-F8179D1E25AA.jpeg
0AAEA9EC-1ACA-4E07-A313-B76BDCD2B465.jpeg

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Who says regarding insurance? Usually renew mine by telephone whilst away in the van in Spain.Where do these stories come from.BUSBY.
Exactly. I have never seen a policy that stipulates you have to be in the country to renew, in 30 years in the business.

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Camping La Relais, Marrakesh great site, the restaurant is superb and plenty of alcohol too. Pool seems to be open all year.
small taxi available to the center of Marrakesh.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
A quick question for those that know, what's the hook up like in general in Moroccan campsites, ie how many amps supply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back