Morocco in Motorhome for 90 days (1 Viewer)

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Exactly. I have never seen a policy that stipulates you have to be in the country to renew, in 30 years in the business.

Also travel insurance is questionable too as many won't allow you to take out or renew a policy if you're not in the UK beforehand.
As Minxy Girl stated ,it is out there,i am currently in Spain and this is part of my travel policy details.

Attachments

• 16145992798282677279275516115452.jpg
    16145992798282677279275516115452.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 36
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
A quick question for those that know, what's the hook up like in general in Moroccan campsites, ie how many amps supply.
Amps are normally Ok its the Voltage you ve got to watch - can be quite low at times and not very fridge friendly. You can buy a voltage stabiliser for it.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Amps are normally Ok its the Voltage you ve got to watch - can be quite low at times and not very fridge friendly. You can buy a voltage stabiliser for it.
Only the voltage (potential) can vary in an electricity supply. The current (amps) is a function of the voltage and the resistance of the circuit. So if the voltage changes and the resistance does not then the current (amps) will alter.

At least that's what my physics teacher told me:giggle:

V=IR

In a mains systems (AC) the biggest issue is variation in frequency as this can damage sensitive electrical equipment. I think that's the thing you have to wary of in poor areas.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Only the voltage (potential) can vary in an electricity supply. The current (amps) is a function of the voltage and the resistance of the circuit. So if the voltage changes and the resistance does not then the current (amps) will alter.

At least that's what my physics teacher told me:giggle:

V=IR

In a mains systems (AC) the biggest issue is variation in frequency as this can damage sensitive electrical equipment. I think that's the thing you have to wary of in poor areas.
Its called voltage drop and dodgy moroccan wiring doesnt help

Suggested read?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
There is a campsite in Zagora which is amazing, its a walled campsite full of palmtrees, Amazing place, just cant remember the name of it.

Jan 12, 2009
Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Since 2007
We first when to Morocco in MH in 2007, spent a month touring. Erg Chebi is a must overnighting in the desert fantastic, no light pollution never knew there were so many stars. Have been back 5 or 6 times for long weekends since. Essaouira is great beach, windy, great surf although a bit touristy. Recommend it

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I loved it in Morocco, it can be something of a culture shock at first but you soon get used to it, beautiful country, lovely friendly people, food and diesel cheap as chips, campsites not up to European standards, use your own facilities, ehu can be hit and miss, my wife was very reluctant on our first trip but she went along as she new it was a plan Iā€™d had for years, but once we got there a few days later she was loving it, we wildcamped mostly at the beaches but had the odd night on a campsite, when wildcamping in most of the known locations you can get anything you need water bowsers come round, locals selling fresh fish, bread fruit, blankets and everything in between, the first time we went we were completely on our own but we muddled our way thru it ok, we ended up going every January for 10-12 weeks, did it every year for 7years worth doing if you only do it once, but make sure you stock up in Spain with beer wine before you leave Spain cos very few places sell alcohol and those that do are expensive.
Thatā€™s great info. Thank you. Iā€™ll slowly making in roads. So maybe by the winter we will go.

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Les Jardins de Zagora ?
I think it was Camping Oasis Palmier but to be honest there are loads and they are all pretty good, there is another one in Ouarzazte 6 November Gardens, basic, bar and secure in a walled enclosure.
Ouarzazte is good to visit as there are a load of film studios around with location sets to visit.

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Another good place to visit is Chefchaouen, the blue city. Amazing bazaar down side streets, brilliant place. CampsiteCamping Azila was up on a hill so good walk down but again taxis everywhere. Wifi in most places

Reactions: PMB
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Another good place to visit is Chefchaouen, the blue city. Amazing bazaar down side streets, brilliant place. CampsiteCamping Azila was up on a hill so good walk down but again taxis everywhere. Wifi in most places
Love chefchouen but road up there not good. Make sure you enter from the north.

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Heres a handy map View attachment 469769

Anything not purple is not included in your 90 days ....i plan to explore further afield , turkey , Georgia , adjebazan ( cannae spell it ) ....very popular with french and germans. Also plan to explore Romania Bulgaria etc the problem is timing as it seems winters arent so good north of the peloponnese

Not done Morocco yet either but will get there one day ....although not sure if spending a full 90 days there is good for a first trip just incase i dont like it
I see Cyprus isnā€™t in purple. Is there a ferry from Greece to Cyprus or any other means to get there perhaps.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I see Cyprus isnā€™t in purple. Is there a ferry from Greece to Cyprus or any other means to get there perhaps.
Cyprus is a long way from Greece, AFAIK there is a ferry from Turkey to Norther Cyprus. is this a record for thread deviation?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cyprus is a long way from Greece, AFAIK there is a ferry from Turkey to Norther Cyprus. is this a record for thread deviation?
Technically you could drive from Morocco through north Africa to israel and you can definitely get a ferry from there to Cyprus šŸ˜ theres even an aire near the ferry terminal
Screenshot_20210303-100207_park4night.jpg

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

A new ferry route was supposed to be created between Greece and Larnaca this summer but it has now been cancelled with no sight of when or if it'll ever go ahead in the future.

The Cypriot Govt didn't receive any bids last month (ferry contract closing date) so at this moment in time there has been no interest by ferry operators.

Perhaps next year eh?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Technically you could drive from Morocco through north Africa to israel and you can definitely get a ferry from there to Cyprus šŸ˜ theres even an aire near the ferry terminalView attachment 470341
Doubtful if you would be allowed to transit through Algeria or Libya and even more doubtful that you'd get insurance, breakdown/recovery.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Doubtful if you would be allowed to transit through Algeria or Libya and even more doubtful that you'd get insurance, breakdown/recovery.
I didn't mean right now but it is possible during normal circumstances ...i follow several travel blogs of overlanders who do all over these regions ... insurance you buy at borders the same as Albania etc ...i guess it just depends how adventurous you are.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The land border between Morocco and Algeria has been closed (fact) for 'donkeys years', pardon the pun. The Algerian backed Polisario Front and Morocco have been at loggerheads for yonks over the disputed Western Sahara region.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The land border between Morocco and Algeria has been closed (fact) for 'donkeys years', pardon the pun. The Algerian backed Polisario Front and Morocco have been at loggerheads for yonks over the disputed Western Sahara region.
šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Who cares

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021

The border was closed when I was last in Morocco in 1976, later it was open again for a while but closed again in 1994 and is still not open I believe.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's one heck of a detour you'd have to make then!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back