Morocco 2019 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Mena says, go and do one ! There for her not me! Now I'm getting a bollocking for putting my shopping list on line. If I have any room left I might sneak a Cumberland or two for myself. Or...........seek out Ken!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There is some 'Pork' in the Richmond Sausage but not a lot, its questionable whether its pig or donkey pork.:cry:

Ingredients :eek:

Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients

Pork (42%), Water, Pork Fat, Rusk (Wheat), Wheat Starch, Soya Protein, Less than 2%: Salt, Flavourings, Stabilisers: Diphosphates, Guar Gum*, Antioxidants: Vitamins C & E, Preservative: Sodium Metabisulphite**, Colour: Cochineal, * A plant extract that helps keep our sausages succulent, **This just keeps them fresh for longer, Casing made from Beef Collagen

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You rotten lot - I'm just about to open a packet of Richmond Thick Pork Sausages for my tea!

To get it slightly back on thread. For all you newbie Morocco travelers, you (unsurprisingly in a Muslim country) cannot buy pork products in Morocco.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, just ordered my Green Card from Comfort.. To all intents and purposes half of annual premium for over 3500kg from 6 weeks to 90 days.

Just a heads up - the girl said they don't do longer than 90 days. EVERYBODY CHECK YOUR PLANS!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You rotten lot - I'm just about to open a packet of Richmond Thick Pork Sausages for my tea!

To get it slightly back on thread. For all you newbie Morocco travelers, you (unsurprisingly in a Muslim country) cannot buy pork products in Morocco.
Maroc Nosh !
IMG_6673.JPG
IMG_6675.JPG
IMG_6799.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_9196.JPG

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Mena says, go and do one ! There for her not me! Now I'm getting a bollocking for putting my shopping list on line. If I have any room left I might sneak a Cumberland or two for myself. Or...........seek out Ken!
The lovely Mena would never say that:rolleyes:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Been eating them for years ! (the food in Maroc is to die for by the way). With respect to your Comfort Green Card, We and many other had it for free with Safeguard and I only paid an extra £60.00 for their insurance cover, although they initially tried to charge me over £500 for cover. They soon dropped the price when I told them what I was paying with Comfort. I believe there are other Insurance companies offering free Green Cards too. next year we will go back to Comfort. Only moved for the Green card.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Well whadayahknow! Does this mean we don't have to stock the freezer with bacon now?
actually its best not to stock the freezer with bacon. it keeps ideal if kept just in a cool place , like wheel arch boxes etc.
the whole point of bacon is the salt keeps it ok.
there are several pork butchers in maroc , also a few of the butchers in agadir sell pork if you ask them.
there are also lots of wild boar living in maroc . not quite pork but makes a lovely meal. villagers in the wilds kill it and prepare it nicely.
but back to bacon keep it wrapped in the sealed packets , when opened use tupperware type plastic containers . it keeps for months even years . ships use bacon when going around the world way before refrigeration was invented.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
actually its best not to stock the freezer with bacon. it keeps ideal if kept just in a cool place , like wheel arch boxes etc.
the whole point of bacon is the salt keeps it ok.
there are several pork butchers in maroc , also a few of the butchers in agadir sell pork if you ask them.
there are also lots of wild boar living in maroc . not quite pork but makes a lovely meal. villagers in the wilds kill it and prepare it nicely.
but back to bacon keep it wrapped in the sealed packets , when opened use tupperware type plastic containers . it keeps for months even years . ships use bacon when going around the world way before refrigeration was invented.
Thanks for that. Our's have now been split into meal size portions and frozen but will bear in mind for future use. (So much for the use by date !). I remember the French campers in Tafroute roasting a wild boar that had been caught and butchered. I was told it tasted OK but quite a few of the Frenchies had the shits for a few days afterwards.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Thanks for that. Our's have now been split into meal size portions and frozen but will bear in mind for future use. (So much for the use by date !). I remember the French campers in Tafroute roasting a wild boar that had been caught and butchered. I was told it tasted OK but quite a few of the Frenchies had the shits for a few days afterwards.
should be ok if it was bled properly etc . many try and cheat and dont do it properly.
mind amazes me how many arent very good at cooking.
when buying your bacon get the tightest vacum packed you can.
to stop your bacon spitting when you cook it leave it in the open for a while to dry out abit.
when you bought bacon off butchers etc years ago it was opened up the day before to get rid of moisture.
or sliced daily from sides of bacon that had been hung around for a couple days. thats why it seemed drier.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Richmond Sausages are made from chicken lips and ar$eholes Phil, buy some proper sausage and live longer. Ask @SUGGY about Dinde sausage, they're even worse. :eek:
Getting ready for Maroc. Today was Aldi meat and freeze day. It's surprising just how much our Dometic freezer (RMD 8 series) will hold. So, on fast freeze in our freezer at home for Maroc we have. 96 Richmond thick sausages. 50 rashers of back bacon, 5 packs of diced Beef, 2 KG of lean mince (5% fat) and 10 Chicken Brest's. We do like Aldi products and these will be treats for when we are in Moroc. Don't bother mooching over when and if you smell the bacon or sausages.:dance2::dance2::dance2:
Ken,Phil, your both wrong! Thems RUBBISH Buy Greens sauages from their abattoir near Kidsgrove Stoke on Trent. Just off M6! Lecca(y)(y);)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ken,Phil, your both wrong! Thems RUBBISH Buy Greens sauages from their abattoir near Kidsgrove Stoke on Trent. Just off M6! Lecca(y)(y);)
What exactly is wrong in my post ??? You have lost me on that one. Explanation required chum!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Derick is saying that the best sausages come from Greens Abattoir in Kidsgrove Stafforshire, a bit far from Corby chuck.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nah, you're all wrong. Oddlings of Navenby in Lincolnshire make the best I've ever tasted. Got a national award last year. Get them when I visit Mum.

But back to Morocco...............................

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
You poor soles, you could live life without the taste of the best sausage in the world??:rolleyes::cry::love:

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Cumberland sausage by lakes speciality foods.award winning gold sausage and these guys have won national sausage champions in the past.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Look lads, when your out in the dessert and hungry you’ll eat anyone’s sausage.....:whistle:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Change of posts ...

Le Relaise in Marakech emailed me about their flood ...

Quote ...We are all dried out and the gardens and site have all been repaired and now look even better than before ...

Look for the MHF sticker in the reception area ...

P.S. my Safeguard Green Card is valid for a year .... LV motor bike ins 4 months .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Remember this Phil? Taken at the same spot.

First the charitable one

4B0354F1-72FF-4A4B-9B01-B502CD438D56.jpeg

Then the realistic one.

481F160D-93B6-4858-8EB8-23A6B50E162E.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread