LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I dont think Safeguard currently charge for the Green Card for Maroc. Re dog passport. Your dog must to have up to date rabies injections i.e every three years, and this will be recorded in the dogs passport.

If the rabies injection anniversary date has lapsed by as little as one day you have to start the whole procedure again i.e. blood tests etc. Our dog Jess is going for her rabies booster on Thursday.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I dont think Safeguard currently charge for the Green Card for Maroc. Re dog passport. Your dog must to have up to date rabies injections i.e every three years, and this will be recorded in the dogs passport.

If the rabies injection anniversary date has lapsed by as little as one day you have to start the whole procedure again i.e. blood tests etc. Our dog Jess is going for her rabies booster on Thursday.

Yes that's the once small Chinese in Sams passport. After his first rabies jab in 2008 he had the blood test and result is in his passport. In 2014 Rabies expired and then had the booster done a couple of months later. By then the requirement to have blood test was not required. He is up to date but in the rabies jab chain there is that small break. Whether the date chain was ever spotted coming back into Spain who knows, even though they could see a blood test from 2008

Probably will get a new blood test carried out and stamped

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Spain may not be the problem but France could be especially on the Tunnel.

Chances are if your dog hasn't had a rabies booster since 2014, there will bo no sign of the antibodies in a blood test today. Hence you'll likely as not have to start again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Spain may not be the problem but France could be especially on the Tunnel.

Chances are if your dog hasn't had a rabies booster since 2014, there will bo no sign of the antibodies in a blood test today. Hence you'll likely as not have to start again.

He is fully unto date on booster, last one in 2017, the issue is the gap back in 2014. He was re rabies jab after the lapse and by then no need to have blood test

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sounds like you have saved a small fortune this year.
It would seem so after reading some of the posts on here.Let's hope they can come to some agreement with L.V. for next year too. Although I won't be holding my breath.

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Just checked as I received my green card the same time as my insurance renewal in September25th and it lasts a year and also it is for Morocco

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Here you go !

"Courier New"">Hello, I inform you:
c.car + 2 people
round trip
€ 200.00
Open ticket.

El 4 de noviembre de 2018 a las 20:08 Philip Tew <philipftew@gmail.com> escribió:

Hello,

We have used you before, (2015 & 2016) We are Funsters and are returning to Morocco early January 2019. How much for an open return ticket. 2 people and one motorhome under 7 meters.

Regards,

Philip.

I presume that's not Carlos Phil, but looks like the price is going to be the same. Do they provide the immigration paperwork too?

Closer to the time I'll email him and see if he'll still give us a multi-van discount.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I presume that's not Carlos Phil, but looks like the price is going to be the same. Do they provide the immigration paperwork too?

Closer to the time I'll email him and see if he'll still give us a multi-van discount.

Fairly sure it was his offices. Address on correspondence as follows:

Viajes Normandie SL

B11777471

C/Fragata local 3 Pol Ind Palmones

(0034) 956 67 56 53

11379 Los Barrios (Cádiz)

I didn't ask about immigration paperwork as I thought it was included in the service? I will email and ask the question about immigration paperwork but wont go any further as dates for groups have yet to be agreed as far as I can make out.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, that's Carlos' address.It was the name "Courier New" that phased me.

Oh, hang on, that's the font indicator, duh........................:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks Terry

Re your position of 'Fit to travel' on PP.This is not needed when you are travelling with animal. It is where third parties have responsibility, ie dog transporters- unaccompanied flights. Like you vet has always completed. You will notice that there not many spaces compared to validation by vet when coming back to UK after worm table. I asked a vet about this and this is when he explained that it was not necessary. In fact A vet just used another page within the Passport and started a new entry and other vets carried on completing 'Fit to Travel. I have about 5 returns available in passport before new one. i have been quoted £90 just for a replacement passport without rabies jab.

On the Green card: Full comprehensive. Yes Comfort are charging £20 a week. Safeguard no longer issue for Morocco or Turkey stopped two months ago. So unless anybody can point me towards and insurance company that included European breakdown cover, unlimited windscreen cover for A class and Full Comprehensive green card for Morocco it looks like I will be changing to Comfort.
Have you tried Saga? We've generally had free Morocco green card from them.
Jon

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, that's Carlos' address.It was the name "Courier New" that phased me.

Oh, hang on, that's the font indicator, duh........................:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Reply from Carlos @TerryL I assume this means immigration paperwork included ?

GOOD MORNING:
IF WE CLEAR US HERE WE PROVIDE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION OF THE FREE CUSTOMS.
REGARDS

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Reply from Carlos @TerryL I assume this means immigration paperwork included ?

GOOD MORNING:
IF WE CLEAR US HERE WE PROVIDE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION OF THE FREE CUSTOMS.
REGARDS

Yes, thats okay. In practice it doesn't amount to much but saves having to chase around on the boat looking for the relevant immigration cards.
Their English isn't too good so I always get Google to provide a translation into Spanish.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well having done a bit of research it's not financially worth cancelling my existing Comfort policy and transferring to someone who (still) does Green Cards for free. So for now I'm just going to bite the bullet and when renewal time comes around have a serious investigation, although I would predict that even more companies are going to jump on the bandwagon and either introduce a charge or refuse to issue Green Cards. I wonder, though, if there's a case for the Insurance Ombudsman to look into this stupid situation.

So, subject to anything else going wrong, we'll be crossing to Morocco sometime in the last week of January 2019.

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Coming from a different angle.

A green card is an Internationally recognised document that proves you have at least the minimum insurance cover for the country that you are travelling in.

I am guessing that most if not all of us have Fully Comp which covers the UK and Europe and since computerisation and joining the EU it hasn’t been a requirement to carry a green card.

I’m taking the view that actually we have been very lucky (some more than others depending on how many times you have been) that it has only just dawned on the insurance companies that they have been giving us cover foc.

The annual premium we pay takes into account the risk of a claim in the UK also Europe. I can understand the Insurance Company’s wanting an additional premium to cover a country that isn’t part of the original agreement.

Before anybody asks no I have no involvement in insurance and never have but I have been in business and any time you step outside the original contact it hurts.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Safeguard are doing the green card free and it is valid for the duration of your policy ie 1 year ...
Unlimited mileage. 360 away days.☺

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Coming from a different angle.

A green card is an Internationally recognised document that proves you have at least the minimum insurance cover for the country that you are travelling in.

I am guessing that most if not all of us have Fully Comp which covers the UK and Europe and since computerisation and joining the EU it hasn’t been a requirement to carry a green card.

Checking my motor insurance documentation it clearly states that if cover is required for Tunisia, Morocco and a couple of others you must contact the brokers.

My travel insurance actually includes Morocco as part of Europe - wonder how long that will last when the underwriters cotton on to that too!

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have just renewed through safeguard and got a green card valid for the duration of the policy and " NO " charge for it .

Also have just taken out a Motorcycle Policy with " LV "to cover the motorbike in Morocco as my present brokers Carol Nash could not find anyone to cover a MC in Morocco .

They charged me £97.98 for the bike and a further £ 29 for the Green Card ,

so for a Motor cycle valued at :- £1000 Total of £126:98

Plus ... £400 excess plus voluntary access of £280 ...Total excess £680

Break down was only for UK and would have been £ 58

Be careful and double check LV as they said they only cover for a max of 180 days out of the UK ,

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just seen a post on the MCC forum. Someone has just got their Green card from SAGA £40 for four months. ...

It would seem it all depends on who you get on the phone as whether you can get cover or not as the other day there was a post saying that they had been refused cover by SAGA for Morocco.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just seen a post on the MCC forum. Someone has just got their Green card from SAGA £40 for four months. ...

It would seem it all depends on who you get on the phone as whether you can get cover or not as the other day there was a post saying that they had been refused cover by SAGA for Morocco.

Ive emailed saga to enquire as to the situation this year, will post what they say, previous years have been FOC.

Jon

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Not too long now guys.
IMG_6894.JPG
IMG_6927.JPG
IMG_6956.JPG

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have emailed Le Relaise Campsite in Marrakesh to see if / when they will be open for business after the very serious flash flood they had the other week , No reply yet but i will update when i hear from them ,

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Guys forgive me if this topic has already been covered, as I have not trawled all through the posts in this thread but I have just read on another site how Aviva, Safeguard and Allianz are not offering insurance cover for Morocco. I have not checked this out for myself as I am not going to Morocco but it just might be worth checking with your insurance companies just to be sure of you own insurance cover.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
many insurances have main offices in gibralter .
just visit them and tell them you want to go morocco . they usually let you have a green card for free .
look on your policey yours could be one of them.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I noticed that our travel insurance (not the van insurance) covers Algeria and Tunisia but doesn't cover Morocco. What's going on there? Algeria and Tunisia look way more risky (at least according to the Foreign Office).

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Algeria - now that sounds like a good alternative to Maroc. Wonder how much a ferry would cost? :rolleyes:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Algeria - now that sounds like a good alternative to Maroc. Wonder how much a ferry would cost? :rolleyes:
algeria have been abit awkward for visas for uks for a few years . it was ok in the 80,s and early 90,s . tunisia is interesting the mountains are great , el jem etc brill but in winter gets a bit chilly .
but then morocco doesnt get warm till you come to the magic slope between essaoira and agadir.
go down the atlantic coast and you will know where i mean.
but look in a world atlas and see the levels for latitude. unless you are really way down in the desert thats deserted in tunisia you are too high .
mind lots of free camping in tunisia .
catch ferry from france or from sicily. but not cheap.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
algeria have been abit awkward for visas for uks for a few years . it was ok in the 80,s and early 90,s . tunisia is interesting the mountains are great , el jem etc brill but in winter gets a bit chilly .
but then morocco doesnt get warm till you come to the magic slope between essaoira and agadir.
go down the atlantic coast and you will know where i mean.
but look in a world atlas and see the levels for latitude. unless you are really way down in the desert thats deserted in tunisia you are too high .
mind lots of free camping in tunisia .
catch ferry from france or from sicily. but not cheap.

We are off to Tunisia next week for 14 nights fully inclusive.
I’ll everyone know what the weathers like and if we see any camping cars.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back