Morocco 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Guys forgive me if this topic has already been covered, as I have not trawled all through the posts in this thread but I have just read on another site how Aviva, Safeguard and Allianz are not offering insurance cover for Morocco. I have not checked this out for myself as I am not going to Morocco but it just might be worth checking with your insurance companies just to be sure of you own insurance cover.

Safeguard today issued me a green card for Morocco but told me that when the policy runs out in Febuary they will no longer do so for Morocco and Turkey

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Damn I look good phil, and the van, the van looks good..... Oh, and I'd better mention the wife, she looks good too!

Can't believe the (in)famous pineapple got its photo in there!! It had a name.....
Bloody hell Daz @Dazzlin do you realise that a reply like that is a trigger for a shed load more photos off Phil @PhilandMena lol xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Damn I look good phil, and the van, the van looks good..... Oh, and I'd better mention the wife, she looks good too!

Can't believe the (in)famous pineapple got its photo in there!! It had a name.....
What a memory Darren. Ralph sends his warmest regards. Well done for mentioning the wife............this time. (Mention her before anything else, let her see the post and who know's you might get a tradition birthday treat..... you bad, bad boy. Take care matey, Mena sends her love to you both.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Bloody hell Daz @Dazzlin do you realise that a reply like that is a trigger for a shed load more photos off Phil @PhilandMena lol xx

What a load of bollox! Pt 1
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6785.JPG
IMG_6795.JPG
P1090974.JPG
P1090980.JPG
P1090986.JPG
P1090988.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Have a look in Camper Contact and you will find enough campsites with good ratings. There are one or two high end campsites but these will be rammed with Frenchies overwintering. Don't expect to find the same standard as you do in Europe as this is still a third world country. However, you will find something that meets your needs if you want to stay on campsites.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Right, that's it decision made. Van passed all it's servicing with the (expected) flying colours so I've just booked the tunnel for our winter trip.

We've decided to spend a little time in Spain at first but have tentatively planned to cross to Morocco on Tuesday 29 January, getting to Algeciras to buy the tickets the day before. We'll be meeting up with Derek & June ( @Portland ) there so if anyone would like to join us please let me know, either here on the thread or by PM, then confirming it a week before (22nd Jan) so I can set up a group booking with Carlos. I'll ask for open return tickets (probably be €200 but hope to maybe get a Funster discount) so you can make your own return arrangements.

Please note that this is NOT a rally and once we've got you all across you make your own minds up on what you do, although of course we'll be happy to give you any advice you might need.

If anybody has also made a date decision and would be happy to let others tag along, perhaps they would post it on the thread and maybe get a group discount too (even if it is only a bottle of wine and lump of cake!)

Now to do battle with the insurance company to get a Green Card!

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

I think the only ones for you will be Le Relaise in Marakech or Atlantic Park near Tagazoote the LATTER IS FULL of FRENCH .
You have all the facilities in your MH.
Enjoy the experience. .this will be our 5th visit. ... just check out the facilities most are basic but usable. ...

Morocco is a lot like Marmite ..

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Anyone know why the 2019 Morocco is not on the forum .. ie New or Recent or how to find it on there ? .

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i managed to find it on / in the " Recent " section .

I am on about the main forum page Phil .

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@TerryL - We hope to be travelling over with you (y).
Chris & Graham

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
We're hope in good to go around the 7/10 th January, we've not been before but anyone wanting to come along at the same time will be most welcome

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Getting ready for Maroc. Today was Aldi meat and freeze day. It's surprising just how much our Dometic freezer (RMD 8 series) will hold. So, on fast freeze in our freezer at home for Maroc we have. 96 Richmond thick sausages. 50 rashers of back bacon, 5 packs of diced Beef, 2 KG of lean mince (5% fat) and 10 Chicken Brest's. We do like Aldi products and these will be treats for when we are in Moroc. Don't bother mooching over when and if you smell the bacon or sausages.:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We're hope in good to go around the 7/10 th January, we've not been before but anyone wanting to come along at the same time will be most welcome
We too will be crossing around that time. If we see you at Carlos's I'll pop over and say hello. Happy for you to tag onto us for the crossing and if you want to follow/join us for a while your more than welcome. We will be heading south quite quickly.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Getting ready for Maroc. Today was Aldi meat and freeze day. It's surprising just how much our Dometic freezer (RMD 8 series) will hold. So, on fast freeze in our freezer at home for Maroc we have. 96 Richmond thick sausages. 50 rashers of back bacon, 5 packs of diced Beef, 2 KG of lean mince (5% fat) and 10 Chicken Brest's. We do like Aldi products and these will be treats for when we are in Moroc. Don't bother mooching over when and if you smell the bacon or sausages.:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Richmond Sausages are made from chicken lips and ar$eholes Phil, buy some proper sausage and live longer. Ask @SUGGY about Dinde sausage, they're even worse. :eek:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
No chance of mooching over, not with Richmond sausages,

22p each Richmond Irish Recipe 8 Thick Pork Sausages, £ 1 .74 per 454g pack

Per sausage: 180 cals, 12.9g fat, 4.9g saturates, 1.1g salt (uncooked)

Pork content: 41 per cent

How it compares: Claims to be made from the best products but water is the second main ingredient and they contain 10 per cent pork fat, flavourings, guar gum and a colouring in addition to the usual additives you'd find. Expensive for the overall quality.

personally Phil I think they are crap 41% pork (the low fat ones have 53%) you need proper sausages mate! I’m rather partial to a nice thick Cumberland myself my go to sausage is

https://groceries.morrisons.com/web...-The-Best-Thick-Cumberland-Sausages/211114011

Try them, you know it makes sense mes ami

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Richmond Sausages are made from chicken lips and ar$eholes Phil, buy some proper sausage and live longer. Ask @SUGGY about Dinde sausage, they're even worse. :eek:
Great minds Ken, you beat me to it(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back