LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Well I LIKE MY RUG!! I LIKE A BIT OF COLOUR,, AND IT WILL COMPLIMENT MY CURTAINS! That I havnt found yet! Lol

you will hate it if you get carpet burn from it when babe comes round. :Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Antony1969

Free Member
Jul 14, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Good evening,,,

well I walked into DFS with the cushion and no one said a word!! There was the same sofa on display and I asked if I could just swap the cushion but they wouldn’t let me, so their in-house sower upper is going to sort it!

then I went shopping!! I went into wilkos and got a set of mats, steering wheel cover and wheel trims for the van,, she looks great!

then I went to the range and had a look at large pictures and large mirrors etc, couldn’t quite agree with myself as to what to get, so I left it,, but I did buy some bed sheets, and pillow cases!

on the way out I saw a collection of rugs and I liked the look of a gold/ yellow one, so I bought it,, and they had a velvet box that would do me lovely as a foot stool, and storage for mybedding etc, so I bought that too! Oh ,, and I needed a baking tray, so I got one, and a small lampshade for the hall, so I got that too! Then I went to B@Q And bought two little side/ coffee tables that were cheap,, they will do till I see something I like better, then they can go next to my new bed, whenever I get one! Oh yes,, and I bought a kitchen bin, on offer for £22 quid ( reduced from £45). Bargain!! So I had a good day,, and I spent some money,, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!!
View attachment 357335
Crikey ... That blinding rug looks like a wax strip off Chris Evans back ... Take it back ... If you ever manage to pull a bird and take her back to the $hag pad she's/hes guna do a runner ... You'll be Hand Solo again

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
you will hate it if you get carpet burn from it when babe comes round. :Grin:

I think Ian has some of these.... (y)

1579203055125.png

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Good Evening Ian and well done on your shopping spree, hope you are now sat in your new home, dinner cooking in the oven relaxing on your new settee and cushions with a glass of your favourite tipple sitting back and feeling very all right.

That I'm a happy feeling bunny is good so enjoy and all the best to you....(y)

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Crikey ... That blinding rug looks like a wax strip off Chris Evans back ... Take it back ... If you ever manage to pull a bird and take her back to the $hag pad she's/hes guna do a runner ... You'll be Hand Solo again
His hands are probably a lot softer know seeing he has just had a 6 month holiday so shouldn’t get any blisters on it:cool:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning Ian they have some nice stuff in the range?.

Flats looking great as well, nothing like a bit of retail therapy eh lol.

Your TV. will be coming via Suffolk by the end of the month btw, I've just got to remember to pack it in the van to take to York with me to handover next week??

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning Ian they have some nice stuff in the range?.

Flats looking great as well, nothing like a bit of retail therapy eh lol.

Your TV. will be coming via Suffolk by the end of the month btw, I've just got to remember to pack it in the van to take to York with me to handover next week??
I forgot about that debs, with all I’ve been doing! That’s smashing babe, xxxxx

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Morning ,,,

well I’m practicing getting up early, for next week,,

I am going to have to go back to the range later,, I was thinkingabout one of their pictures last night, I need a second look!
Do you think a large picture of the simpsons would go with my rug! Lol xx
Ian, before you go back to the Range, call into Specsavers will you. :Smile: :Smile:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

well I registered at a doctors yesterday, well I have to register, I rang em and there going to take me on!
I tried with a dentist also, but the only one avail to me is private! Bit of a bummer, but I paid for my last lot, and for the last few years, so no shock really! £55 for the first visit and look! And I need to get my permanent set of teeth sorted, although the ones I’ve got are fine, I really should have my final set fitted and made, especially being as living here I’m wearing them all the time!

now for the news!!

I had a really nice message from a woman in Lowestoft last night, on plenty of fish,, she has a T4 camper, and loves getting away,,, I’m speaking to her properly this afternoon, I shall keep you informed of what goes on,, at least I won’t be embarrassed to turn up for a coffee or whatever in my new van! Lol.

our communal front door isn’t working properly, it’s not closing by itself, as it’s supposed to, reason is, keeps too far back, and self closing arm isn’t strong enough to pull it shut! So hopefully they can sort that out!

the woman upstairs asked me to have a look at her blinds and washing machine yesterday, I was hesitant to have a look but I did,, I told her to leave her front door open while I was there, and I also had my phone on record on the table,, I don’t really know why I did it, but she just doesn’t seem right to me! The most overwhelming thing that I noticed was the smell,, from 4 house cats, I nearly gagged,, a brand new flat, and in 4 days it smells rank! I have some sympathy for her though, I’m not heartless, she has had a tuff time, her boyfriend has messed up the washing machine, and blinds and there was nothing I could do, but I told her she could use my washing machine or rather, give me the washing and I will do it for her,,, but I don’t want to be her emotional and go to crutch in the future,,, it’s hard to know how to separate yourself from someone who clearly could do with the help, but where do you draw a line!! Been on benefits all her life, abusive relationships ( so she says) and clearly is struggling, I will be glad when, this week the bloke and his daughter move in opposite her upstairs, that might take the pressure off a bit! She will have others to chat too !! But she has no support
but I’m just grateful that I’m not in the same position, and I will as I’m sure we all will here, help as much as is necessary! Such is life!

so that’s about it this morning,, I am popping out again later, so I will let you know what’s going on this afternoon, after my chat with who could be the next Mrs Young! Lololol. Xxx

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
It's too late now Ian but what a shame that you no longer have Helga.
When I was back in the UK and first got my moho, I palled up with a couple of guys, separately, on Plenty of Fish, we each had our own vehicles and our own dogs. We were all Scottish based but retained our independence.
I did various shorter trips with one or both of them, including the NC500 and the three of us actually left for Spain together.
There were no strings attached and no obligations, in fact one of them had just started dating when we left UK, he split from us quite early to meet his girlfriend in Barcelona for Xmas.
The second guy and I headed further south and spent Xmas just South of Valencia with another couple in a Moho.
We all went our separate ways after that,but have remained firm friends. I was the first of us to settle in Spain, the guy who went to Barcelona is now very happily settled with a lovely lady back in Aberdeenshire, the couple have now also settled out here and the third member of our original gang is back on the west coast of Scotland and still on PoF!
Life is an adventure with a Moho, one never knows what awaits around the next corner.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I just hate the smell of cats I am very surprised HA. have allowed 4, could be one each flat ?

well the only reason she kept them was they help with her anxiety and stress levels,, apparently! X maybe handy for a bit of extra benefit? Lol

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Here's another vote for the rug Ian (y) a statement piece. I love bright colours. The flat is looking good, you've done well in such a short time.

Lady in a van could be a match made in heaven. At least you'll have something to talk about. Now, how old is her profile pic :sneaky:

May your luck continue

Karen x

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Good morning,,,

well I registered at a doctors yesterday, well I have to register, I rang em and there going to take me on!
I tried with a dentist also, but the only one avail to me is private! Bit of a bummer, but I paid for my last lot, and for the last few years, so no shock really! £55 for the first visit and look! And I need to get my permanent set of teeth sorted, although the ones I’ve got are fine, I really should have my final set fitted and made, especially being as living here I’m wearing them all the time!

now for the news!!

I had a really nice message from a woman in Lowestoft last night, on plenty of fish,, she has a T4 camper, and loves getting away,,, I’m speaking to her properly this afternoon, I shall keep you informed of what goes on,, at least I won’t be embarrassed to turn up for a coffee or whatever in my new van! Lol.

our communal front door isn’t working properly, it’s not closing by itself, as it’s supposed to, reason is, keeps too far back, and self closing arm isn’t strong enough to pull it shut! So hopefully they can sort that out!

the woman upstairs asked me to have a look at her blinds and washing machine yesterday, I was hesitant to have a look but I did,, I told her to leave her front door open while I was there, and I also had my phone on record on the table,, I don’t really know why I did it, but she just doesn’t seem right to me! The most overwhelming thing that I noticed was the smell,, from 4 house cats, I nearly gagged,, a brand new flat, and in 4 days it smells rank! I have some sympathy for her though, I’m not heartless, she has had a tuff time, her boyfriend has messed up the washing machine, and blinds and there was nothing I could do, but I told her she could use my washing machine or rather, give me the washing and I will do it for her,,, but I don’t want to be her emotional and go to crutch in the future,,, it’s hard to know how to separate yourself from someone who clearly could do with the help, but where do you draw a line!! Been on benefits all her life, abusive relationships ( so she says) and clearly is struggling, I will be glad when, this week the bloke and his daughter move in opposite her upstairs, that might take the pressure off a bit! She will have others to chat too !! But she has no support
but I’m just grateful that I’m not in the same position, and I will as I’m sure we all will here, help as much as is necessary! Such is life!

so that’s about it this morning,, I am popping out again later, so I will let you know what’s going on this afternoon, after my chat with who could be the next Mrs Young! Lololol. Xxx
[/QUOTE

Lady in a van could be a match made in heaven. At least you'll have something to talk about. Now, how old is her profile pic :sneaky:

May your luck continue

Karen x
Couldn't agree more about the new lady , could be a great thing for you, don't know about the one upstairs though, what's happened to her boy/girlfriend. (y) (y):unsure:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Meant to say also, we had to wait 2 yrs just to get on a waiting list for NHS dentist here. Moved up now, think a few patients popped their clogs :wasntme:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Good morning,,,

now for the news!!

Well Ian the lady from plenty of fish seems ideal, But the one upstairs has problem with boyfriend and you are offering to get your hand's in her knickers oh I mean washing.;)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Couldn't agree more about the new lady , could be a great thing for you, don't know about the one upstairs though, what's happened to her boy/girlfriend. (y) (y):unsure:

no idea about the boyfriend mate, havnt seen him today,,, not really interested to be honest, I don’t want to get involved !! X

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Here's another vote for the rug Ian (y) a statement piece. I love bright colours. The flat is looking good, you've done well in such a short time.

May your luck continue

Karen x

no idea Karen,, but there's no telltale signs either! Lol. Watch this space! Lol. Love to you and Brian,, hows the loony dog? X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back