ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just shown Briar picture with new curtains she thinks it looks great so do I. But do you really want to keep looking at yourself in a mirror in the lounge. :unsure:

I have a wall behind the chair that would take a mirror sweet, by the hall door,, I wouldn’t be looking at it at all unless I needed too!

it’s going to be more for the Procession of international beauties I will have visiting!! X

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I have a wall behind the chair that would take a mirror sweet, by the hall door,, I wouldn’t be looking at it at all unless I needed too!

it’s going to be more for the Procession of international beauties I will have visiting!! X

You've more chance of knitting fog.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
i was looking at them carol,, I’m still undecided! The jury’s out!! They match the blue sofa though! I’ll live with them for a few more days just to see!!! Xx
I guessed that on there own they'll would be good but they confuse your personal colour choice, which I think is nice and cheerful.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
theres a series of garages I have found here now, called ‘ Applegreen’ I think,, better prices than anywhere else I’ve seen locally!

the garage at the end of my village, on the A47 roundabout I think is shell? They want £1.33 for diesel,,£1.28 to £1.22in Norwich!

the owners name is Dick Turpin!! Or it should be!!
£1.22 sounds right as Kingslynn is £1.24 and Norwich always used to be a couple of pence cheaper.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
i was looking at them carol,, I’m still undecided! The jury’s out!! They match the blue sofa though! I’ll live with them for a few more days just to see!!! Xx

I’ve just bought new cushions for my sofa and wasn’t sure but swapped the order I had them in (different order each side now) and they look much better.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
£1.22 sounds right as Kingslynn is £1.24 and Norwich always used to be a couple of pence cheaper.

actually ivory,, I was wrong but I paid £1.28 for diesel this morning, at apple gate garage,,, I’m sure I saw a sign saying Tesco’s was cheaper?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
actually ivory,, I was wrong but I paid £1.28 for diesel this morning, at apple gate garage,,, I’m sure I saw a sign saying Tesco’s was cheaper?
The £1.24 I saw could of been petrol as I drove by about hour and half ago

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

well looking out from my bricks and mortar I can see the sunshine!! I have no idea what the temp is like, all I know is it’s a balmy 21 in here and I’m walking about in my boxers and bugger all else! Lol.

I’m a little bit miffed this morning,,what seems to be the usual let down may be happening again,, I tried to contact the builder who offered me the work, the one that put me off last week till this Monday but he’s not answering phone or texts, or email,,,
I really don’t know why I bother listening to him, he’s constantly full of shit!!!

so tomorrow I shall put some advertising in the Norwich and surrounding areas newspapers, and I hooe to sort a Facebook page out! I have had an offer from a funster for a bit of help, and We will hopefully be successful!! I’ve got a few pics, and I’m going to write glowing references from any of you that I have got pics of work from,,

I would really like you to take a pic of the work I've done and send to me in a text,, with the glowing reference of course, that would mean more!! So watch this space, and I hooe you enjoy your Sunday! Xxxxx

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_20190705_091932632.jpg
IMG_20190705_091805588.jpg

An alcove built by Ian, completely on his own , did everything on his own from digging the footings to putting the roof on, can thoughly recommend his workmanship.
IMG_20190705_091910129_HDR.jpg

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
It might be an idea to advertise in the local community Facebook page. I have a mate gets all of his work from it. Building trade is a minefield, I packed up working for builders and just used commercial and private customer’s in the end. Sincerely hope something turns up for you Ian.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
would think your new van does 40 mpg Ian so really not a worry,,,BUSBY. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
It might be an idea to advertise in the local community Facebook page. I have a mate gets all of his work from it. Building trade is a minefield, I packed up working for builders and just used commercial and private customer’s in the end. Sincerely hope something turns up for you Ian.

it’s only a glitch bob,, I’ve never really relied on other people! It actually puts me straight in my mind and spurs me on mate,, new Flat, new van, new start and all that,, it’s exiting! X

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
View attachment 357684View attachment 357686
An alcove built by Ian, completely on his own , did everything on his own from digging the footings to putting the roof on, can thoughly recommend his workmanship.View attachment 357685
View attachment 357684View attachment 357686
An alcove built by Ian, completely on his own , did everything on his own from digging the footings to putting the roof on, can thoughly recommend his workmanship.View attachment 357685

I spy a Wrights Pies box, what I'd give for a meat and potato right now.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I like your garden furniture Chaser,,BUSBY.
Only the best for us mate, actually chucked out to make way for the extension, tried to edit it out but failed, I'll take a "now " one in a bit.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I spy a Wrights Pies box, what I'd give for a meat and potato right now.
Used to get them gratis, off the bloke who lives across the road as he owned the Stoke and longton shops but he retired before Xmas so that's come to an end now. :( :(:(

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Used to get them gratis, off the bloke who lives across the road as he owned the Stoke and longton shops but he retired before Xmas so that's come to an end now. :( :(:(

Having moved away from the Potteries many years ago there are only a couple of things I miss having 'on tap', Oatcakes, and Wrights Pies.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Having moved away from the Potteries many years ago there are only a couple of things I miss having 'on tap', Oatcakes, and Wrights Pies.
We also get oatcakes gratis as well, we have a bloke comes for his bacon breakfast most mornings, he has a small round supplying shops and ordinary folks with cheese bacon eggs and oatcakes.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Good morning,,,

well looking out from my bricks and mortar I can see the sunshine!! I have no idea what the temp is like, all I know is it’s a balmy 21 in here and I’m walking about in my boxers and bugger all else! Lol.

I’m a little bit miffed this morning,,what seems to be the usual let down may be happening again,, I tried to contact the builder who offered me the work, the one that put me off last week till this Monday but he’s not answering phone or texts, or email,,,
I really don’t know why I bother listening to him, he’s constantly full of shit!!!

so tomorrow I shall put some advertising in the Norwich and surrounding areas newspapers, and I hooe to sort a Facebook page out! I have had an offer from a funster for a bit of help, and We will hopefully be successful!! I’ve got a few pics, and I’m going to write glowing references from any of you that I have got pics of work from,,

I would really like you to take a pic of the work I've done and send to me in a text,, with the glowing reference of course, that would mean more!! So watch this space, and I hooe you enjoy your Sunday! Xxxxx

Your place is looking really good Ian, glad you’re getting settled in.
Apart from local community Facebook page, how about getting some business cards printed off and sticking some on supermarket ad boards; builders’ merchants; diy stores; local convenience stores; and even places like hairdressers, wherever the public are and where the shop owners will let you. You might be forced to frequent the local pubs and spread around the word of what you do! Bit of a long shot but try contacting the local paper and see if they will do a little piece on you moving to the area and keen to get work. They might just do an editorial without you having to pay for an ad. Hope you don’t mind me making these suggestions.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Your place is looking really good Ian, glad you’re getting settled in.
Apart from local community Facebook page, how about getting some business cards printed off and sticking some on supermarket ad boards; builders’ merchants; diy stores; local convenience stores; and even places like hairdressers, wherever the public are and where the shop owners will let you. You might be forced to frequent the local pubs and spread around the word of what you do! Bit of a long shot but try contacting the local paper and see if they will do a little piece on you moving to the area and keen to get work. They might just do an editorial without you having to pay for an ad. Hope you don’t mind me making these suggestions.

yes all in hand Houdini,, that and more! Xxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,,,

well well,, I just had a text from the builder, saying can I start next Monday, due to him being held up, again on his other job,,, I was expectingsomething like that though, as he didn’t answer me for the last two days!!
So tomorrow I’m going to a sign writing place to get the van looked at,, and I will be placing ads in the local papers,, I also had a look on YouTube and I’m going to take a step by step instructional video on how to start a Facebook business page! Wish me luck!

I hooe you had a smashing weekend, chat tomorrow with updates! Xxxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back