LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Wow I think there are a lot of us waiting with anticipation like you, looking forward to checking in in the morning, and we can send you virtual welcome to your new home cards. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,
thats it,, wide awake, all stuff packed back in van and busy watching the clock ticking round,,,,,,

I slept well,but I shall sleep better tonight!

going to leave here about 7.30 , but I am going to stop at McDonald’s for a bit of breakfast and a brew on the way!

I will be there, at the flat,probably a good half hour early,, I shall catch you later! Xxxxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Two mugs of tea down and kettle on !!

so plan of attack!!!

get keys, sign tenancy, empty van, have a brew, measure up for carpets and curtains/ blinds etc, go shopping for carpets/ blinds etc, then Currys for fridge freezer, washing machine, cooker, bring back to flat in van, unload van, back out for supplies, garden table and chairs,blow up bed ( if I don’t buy a permanent one,) unload van, back out for sofa, chair ( if I don’t get from internet)

clean kitchen, plumb washing machine in, set fridge freezer, place cooker( not fitting, gas)

slow walk to bathroom, bend down and place plug in hole, fill to brim with boiling hot water and fall in!! Luxury!!! X

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Good luck Ian - hope the master plan for today all falls into place. I too am looking forward to the photos but I’ll look away when you post the one of you in the bath later today!! ??

I don’t post much these days but do read a lot of what is going on and sincerely wish you all the best in your new home and business venture.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Have you got an Ikea withing range Ian?

Someone mentioned their mattresses before and I've heard good things about them, their pocket sprung ones come rolled up (or at least some do), so no problem transporting, they have them on display to try out and they must have a bed frame that would do. I'd rather be hitting a proper mattress than an air bed after the long awaited bath.

Plus Ikea is full of other stuff you didn't know you needed ? and you can pop in the Restaurant for Swedish meatballs.

Good luck, sounds like a fun day!!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I would second the suggestion of Ikea for a bed, their mattresses are really good, just don't go for the cheapest range. Also if you want furniture today Ikea is the best place. Most furniture stores you have to order sofas etc and wait for them to be delivered.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you do go to Ikea ianthebuilder get yourself the Family Card for free tea and coffee! (You don't have to be a family to get one!).

When you get your fridge/freezer get it in situ and plugged in immediately so that it's cold when you put your food in it. It takes hours for the freezer to get down to temperature.

Good luck with your new life in the flat.

Denise

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
When you get your fridge/freezer get it in situ and plugged in immediately so that it's cold when you put your food in it. It takes hours for the freezer to get down to temperature.

Denise

No, it will have to stand for a while for the refrigerant to settle before switching on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back