ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well now that’s all over, only another 4/5 days of extreme boredom to handle, then back to work!!

Ok happy new year everyone,, now a serious question,, can anyone recommend a legitimate uk based investment company, that a complete idiot can use ?

Thanks,, Ian xx

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Id recommend Vanguard. They are one of the largest investment companies in the world and also one of the cheapest.
If its for a pension Get yourself an index tracker or pick a year you want to retire and then pick one of there yearly pension plans and forget about it.
Every £100 You put into a Self Invested Pension Plan (SIPP) the Government will top it up by £25, if I assume you are a basic rate taxpayer.
Try and have 3-6 months of outgoings money as a back up if you cant work, before you start investing, as you wont be able to access any pension money before you are 55.
There are some retired IFA’s on this site, who have more knowledge then me, but keep it simple!
The financial services industry have always tried to complicate things, to confuse us plebs, so they can make money from us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Vanguard trackers have been mentioned by jessthedog and which are good - an American company, but expanding rapidly in the UK.

The biggest UK-based company for trackers is Legal & General - excellent value because of the low charges. (y)

Then you need to decide what index you want to follow: eg UK companies, US companies, or global companies and dozens more including for individual regions eg Asia, South America, and even industry sectors, such as technology or pharmaceuticals.

In other words, there's probably too much choice... ;) :giggle:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well it’s not really going to benefit me, this is something I want to do for the next few years for my daughter, grandkids etc!

I will have a dabble with a grand on a bit of crypto though! Xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well it’s not really going to benefit me, this is something I want to do for the next few years for my daughter, grandkids etc!

I will have a dabble with a grand on a bit of crypto though! Xxx
Invest in covid vaccines ian ....gonna be big business now with 4 vaccines a year 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back