Guinea pig part 2 (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I also had a conversation on the B word with a French camper, he seemed to suggest that limiting access to France was a punishment by Macron to the English. He was very friendly as other campers have been. Things have moved on, of course. I'm wondering what will the position be when we return in early July. Certainly expect to quarantine, maybe test. We'll see. Definitely worth it. It is still threatening storms, but it also very hot.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I also had a conversation on the B word with a French camper, he seemed to suggest that limiting access to France was a punishment by Macron to the English. He was very friendly as other campers have been. Things have moved on, of course. I'm wondering what will the position be when we return in early July. Certainly expect to quarantine, maybe test. We'll see. Definitely worth it. It is still threatening storms, but it also very hot.
I ve heard different things recently but it should be news on the 21st for enacting on 28th. (I keep hearing announcement on 28th for 5th July enactment)
France currently on 78.5 and bound to keep going down today, so my personal view has changed recently because they are currently dropping at 60% per fortnight and 40% per week and if Politics dont come into it France may well be green in just over a week.

Hoping it is green for your return(s)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Not far from Rennes is a brilliant leisure lake, they have a permanent wire loop around the lake where you simply clip on and water ski over the jumps. There is an Aire attached to it. Can't remember the name sadly ...

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
On the site you are on now, what are the trees dividing the pitches? Are they locust bean? Fantastic photos.

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I’ve been finding all the informations and the great photos you’ve been sending really useful as I’m more or less heading in your direction. I went through the tunnel last Friday. They let me take a train 3 hours before the one I booked at no extra cost. I’ve never known the terminal so quiet.
the check-in took longer than normal. They only had one side open. I didn’t use my phone to show proof of my test and vaccine, Just print all the documents required and hand them over which I found easier than fiddling with my phone. They checked if my gas was turned off and that was it. Never asked me anything about food. I went to the Aire of Wissan, 12 miles SW of Calais, very convenient place for the tunnel. I was stopped half way by the gendarmes, I thought maybe they wanted to see if I wasn’t carrying British sausages! They only asked me where I was going. Didn’t asked for ID and didn’t come in the van. The Aire is easy access for any size motorhome but was almost full. Over 20 motorhomes. Didn’t see any UK one. Mostly Belgium and Dutch. It was late evening and the roads were deserted.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Sorry for the delays in posting everyone, I have been a little preoccupied with family matters, I still am.
arrived at Argeles sur mere and booked on a site called camping les cirques de porteils we have stayed here before and is fine, if a little dusty at the moment.
The campsite is the busiest we have been on up to present, but it’s not hugely busy.
People within 2 metres 3 (still).
Weather is hot, 34c and climbing, fortunately there is a breeze, which is cooling.
Roo has to do some remote work this week so we will be static for a while.
Our view from the van
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Great thread. Thanks for taking the time to post pics and keep us informed of travels in France. (y)

Deleted User
I was going to recommend the Presqu'lle de Guerande on your way southfrom Rennes but gou are too quick for me.
Maybe on gour way back, we have a static caravan in the area.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
So, I may have to travel to another European country around the end of this week, and have been looking at travel arrangements with the van, seems to me the Europeans are being very sensible regarding transit, being double jabbed counts for a lot, if you need to transit Of course.
I have property and land that was left to me by my late father and so I’m told needs to be signed for in person for the title to pass to me.
So I may go offline for a while at the end of this week.
I am inclined to put it off, but then I firmly believe that I will have the same problems with Covid and travel either later in the year or next year.
And from what I can gather travel is so much easier now we have been in the eu for 10+ days.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I also had a conversation on the B word
I am confused here? What on Earth is the B word?! If it is unacceptable to post openly here, could someone message me as to what you are all on about please??!!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I am confused here? What on Earth is the B word?! If it is unacceptable to post openly here, could someone message me as to what you are all on about please??!!
Brexit ooops I said it🤫

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry for the delays in posting everyone, I have been a little preoccupied with family matters, I still am.
arrived at Argeles sur mere and booked on a site called camping les cirques de porteils we have stayed here before and is fine, if a little dusty at the moment.
The campsite is the busiest we have been on up to present, but it’s not hugely busy.
Weather is hot, 34c and climbing, fortunately there is a breeze, which is cooling.
Our view from the van
View attachment 508930View attachment 508932

We stayed at Camping les Criques de Porteils for a few days in September 2019, en route to Spain and were well impressed! We thought it was a super site, and with a private beach too.

And loved going to nearby historic Collioure - we got a cab to save hassle parking the van there. If you've stayed at the site before, assume you know the town? Very envious of your trip - we'd be back in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your travels! (y)

IMG_20191001_111437.jpg

IMG_20190930_141257 (2).jpg

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Looks a very nice place that your pitch up at present, but I have just looked up the prices. :Eeek:

I hope there's a defibrillator handy if Lenny HB see the prices. :ROFLMAO:
We paid an ACSI rate of €20, and worth every cent for the stunning views and quality of service. :giggle: :cool:

On arrival taken around in a golf buggy to choose which pitch we liked... (y)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We paid an ACSI rate of €20, and worth every cent for the stunning views and quality of service. :giggle: :cool:

On arrival taken around in a golf buggy to choose which pitch we liked... (y)

They are currently asking from € 301.00 a week for vans below 7m, € 43 a night

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
They are currently asking from € 301.00 a week for vans below 7m, € 43 a night
Not accepting ACSI at the moment?

Agree, the rack rates look quite pricey. :unsure:

Edited to add, according to the ACSI website they are doing €20 up until 3 July this year, then again from 1 September. (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Not accepting ACSI at the moment?

Agree, the rack rates look quite pricey. :unsure:

Edited to add, according to the ACSI website they are doing €20 up until 3 July this year, then again from 1 September. (y)

They are accepting ACSI at the moment 20 euro a night inc electricity, and very very clean sanitary facilities, and excellent service, English is very well spoken at reception.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ah, but when you do a free NHS lateral flow home test you are invited to submit the result to the Govt/NHS website. Every single test has a reference number which also has to be entered, along with all of your personal details inc NHS number. When the information has been completed and submitted, both an official NHS email and a text come back confirming your negative test result (assuming it is ;) ).

See example below:

NHS

Dear xxx
Birth date – xxx
Test date: 08 June 2021
NHS Number: xxx
Your coronavirus lateral flow test result is negative. It’s likely you were not infectious when the test was done.
Keep following coronavirus advice including:
  • regular handwashing
  • social distancing
  • wearing a face covering where recommended
Self-isolate if:
  • you get symptoms of coronavirus – book a different test at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
  • someone you live with tests positive, or has symptoms
  • you’ve been traced as a contact of someone who tested positive
Reporting your results
It is important that you keep reporting all of your test results, whether they are positive, negative or void.
Reporting every test result:
  • helps the NHS to monitor the spread of the virus
  • helps scientists learn more about the virus
  • provides more accurate data that saves lives
  • supports people and communities across the UK
If you’re doing daily contact testing at work and are well, you can work today. If all your required daily tests are negative, you can stop testing.
For medical help, contact 111. In an emergency dial 999.
More advice: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Do you have link to the website where this data is put in to get the return email please.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Our view from the van
View attachment 508930View attachment 508932
You're doing better for temperature than us right now Salamanca is low 20's and showery.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not far from Rennes is a brilliant leisure lake, they have a permanent wire loop around the lake where you simply clip on and water ski over the jumps. There is an Aire attached to it. Can't remember the name sadly ...

Le rincerie -

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back