Gassed again!!! (1 Viewer)

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Last time I was gassed the robber must have felt sorry for me because my Ratners timepiece
was still under my pillow and they had placed a Rolex by it's side.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's 20 miles from Scarborough to Bridlington and we argued the whole way about this after she brought it up.
She couldn't grasp the vast quantity of gas needed to fill a motor home or the inability to know how much would render unconsciousness. Not enough and risk a kicking... Too much and risk killing.

Absolute load of tosh.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
So they disturbed the guy during the break in, but he still had time to go through their wallets, sort out the cash and leave the rifled wallets on the grass verge outside the van instead of hot footing it away from the scene knowing there could have been 3 guys on his tail ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Through the unlocked doors presumably - the ones they forgot to lock after stumbling back after the birthday celebrations :whistle:
Presumably without proof of a break-in ie damage there's no basis for a claim - hence the fictional gassing story...

They should be careful about making a false claim... still wearing a watch, no evidence of a break-in, no police report...
Their next newspaper feature might be their appearance in front of the magistrates :rolleyes:.
According to the insurance industry they have never paid out for gassing,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Yep i own three, a tag heuer, a Gucci and a gold omega.. wear them as an item and would not be seen without a watch on and yes i do take them to France etc they are no good locked away in the safe

Girls watches?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Girls watches?

I’ll have a girlie watch.....(y)

6C3D0BD2-35D2-4B14-9E94-6F62B32011AE.jpeg

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
mmm i have reread the orig post and i think they were parked next to someone with a sog toilet :Grin:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I'm also very dubious (naive?) about reports of this gassing business.
He said he reported it to the police but 'they didn't understand him'' which doesn't sound very plausible.
A m/h is a very large volume to fill with gas and as said, do the crims wear breathing apparatus?
If they administer the gas locally, (i.e in yer face/up yer nose) how do they get in and do that without waking at least one of the (in this case) three occupants?
If it's administered through a vent I'd hear it hissing (I am easily woken by an unfamiliar noise). Perhaps on a truck stop/commercial Aire or at motorway Services there's a lot of extraneous noise - traffic, generators etc.
Even when/if you are gassed they still have to get inside.
Does anyone else put their watch under their pillow? Why?
What gas do they use and where do they get it? If we knew which gas we could fit an appropriate sniffer-alarm (y)
Does no-one else on the site ever see them whilst they're about their dastardly work?
These events seem more like an insurance scam to me.

This gas is stored in a bottle and is released when the cork is removed, it normally takes more than one bottle of gas usually four at least for three people, red or clear liquid has a strange affect on loads of people causing them to be dizzy , fall ove into bed unconcious and be sick when they get up next day. In the mean time they forget to lock up and a tellesf open the door and runs off with the goods.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We all love a good gassing story on here, brings out the best in us.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Please don’t think everyone from Gloucestershire are n**s like these three :)

You should see the slating they are getting on Facebook :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Please don’t think everyone from Gloucestershire are n**s like these three :)

You should see the slating they are getting on Facebook :D
Ooo do tell ... :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I too have several watches. A radio controlled solar powered black rubbery one for normal use and some pretty ones for dressy occasions, which I don't take in the motorhome as I don't have any of that sort of clothing.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well I am just waiting to be gassed, I already have the claim form already filled out,
1 Gucci Lawn Mower (the one with the Chystal encrusted grass box, A Rolex Chain Saw (48inch bar) The ubiquitous £3000, a Victoria Beckem designed Range Rover, and a plastic replica (endorsed and signed by HRH 'erself) #1,000,398 of a release of 2,000,000, Of a Megan Markle, all singing and dancing, Barbee Doll.

Gonna be rich! I'm in the lolly !

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Why would you put watch under pillow. AnD how woulD thief know it was there.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
All of my Crown Jewels are tucked up under the quilt....:whistle2:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Fixed it for ya
The use of "is" would be correct only in the singular. So "their spelling is crap" or "their punctuation is crap" both together you need an "are" because it is plural.

I think! :)[/QUOTE]
Stop it John, you will get banned for grammaritis.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
I reported being gassed and robbed on this site 2 years ago.
At the same place as this story funnily enough - montpellier.

The amount of sarcastic or so called humorous replies I got back then has stopped me from making any other contributions to this site.

If your neighbour was robbed would you go to them and say "oh no you weren't - it is just an insurance scam" ?

Maybe when it happens to you, your attitude may change.
After all I thought the idea of this site was to help each other and not take the piss.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
My memory is not quite what it was, in fact it's dreadful, but I can't help feeling I've seen this same story and pictures elsewhere and not recently.
Does anybody know of a successful insurance claim for a gas attack.
I suppose if they could get in then a mace spray or similar might d0o the job.
Now I've written this I remember promising I would never reply too a gassing threa.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

The amount of sarcastic or so called humorous replies I got back then has stopped me from making any other contributions to this site.

If your neighbour was robbed would you go to them and say "oh no you weren't - it is just an insurance scam" ?

After all I thought the idea of this site was to help each other and not take the piss.

I’m sorry but in your original thread you did not mention being gassed.... the police asked if you had ... at no point throughout your posts have you said you were gassed....

Sorry to call you out but it’s the facts that count .... rumours start like this and cause unfounded concern for lots of people..

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Many of us appreciate the warnings given about sites but I and others struggle with the gassing bit. It would help if there were medical reports backing up the reports.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

So you will be able to post a copy of the medical report giving details of this "gassing" then?

If you don't feel able to do that I'm sure the doctors told you exactly what gas was used?

Or are you one of the ones that despite claiming to be "gassed" with an unknown, but potentially lethal, agent you didn't bother to seek medical advice?

:rolleyes:

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I don’t know why, but we always get gassed the day after having our favourite curried black bean stew. Coincidence?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just read the thread Mr Kelso, and I am a tad confused as to these "sarcastic" replies especially as towards the end of the thread you thank folk for their posts...

So there you have it, once again thanks for all your good wishes. We are continuing our holiday and will be parked up at the Algarve for the next 3 months

Thanks for all your responses.

I'm confused...

JJ :cool:

Kevin R

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Germany
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler Glendale
Exp
Since 2002
This has been going on in Europe for quite a few years. I purchased an alarm which detects the gas used by these criminals.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This has been going on in Europe for quite a few years. I purchased an alarm which detects the gas used by these criminals.

Pretty good as I don't think anyone claims to know what might be used, even if gassing happens which is highly unlikely.
A gas detector is not a bad idea though, I have one for the purpose of detecting a gas leak, although we'd probably smell the added pong before the alarm went off. It will also detect dog fart (presumably methane), this has been tested by a previous dog who used to sleep with her back end adjacent to the detector which is at floor level (Propane/butane are heavier than air)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back