DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Also their spelling and punctuation is crap !!!
Fixed it for ya[/QUOTE]
The use of "is" would be correct only in the singular. So "their spelling is crap" or "their punctuation is crap" both together you need an "are" because it is plural.

I think! :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Of course it is, as the article says,

"That also echoed similar previous reports of attacks against wealthy individuals and celebrities.

Former Arsenal footballer Patrick Vieira said he and his family were knocked out by gas during a 2006 raid on their home in Cannes. And in 2002, British television stars Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine said they were gassed while attending the Cannes Film Festival."

None of these people would ever seek publicity by making spurious claims they had been gassed, or claims of any sort just to be in the public eye. Neither would they pose for photographs or allow any kid of intrusion in to their very private lives. Why do you think Victoria Beckham and similar personalities, stars, great actors and those who we lesser mortals aspire to emulate almost always wear sunglasses (and in the case of ladies bloody great big ones). Its because they value their privacy so much they don't want anyone to recognise them.

These people could maybe go about incognito if they behaved in a less ostentatious manner and went to Lidl or Tesco or Mcdonalds like the rest of us, you know, little makeup, ordinary trainers, ordinary clothes but just be be sure there is no chance of being recognised but unfortunately for them they feel they have to protect their privacy by hiding themselves inside a ring or large security people after getting out of huge off road and sometimes on road status symbol vehicles while wearing the said sun specs and the very latest designer clothes and ignoring the press photographers who have usually and inexplicably been previously tipped off by an anonymous phone call to the press association or local papers by someone in the know.

It must be hell for them.:mask:
would anyone recognise any of them anyway, when im out and about i wouldnt know a "celebrity" if i fell over one.

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
would anyone recognise any of them anyway, when im out and about i wouldnt know a "celebrity" if i fell over one.
Of course you would ..big red lips and loads of make up, and that's just the blokes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Am I the only member with more than one wrist watch ?

most grandads have several

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I blame the Russians, most probably wiped the gas on the hab door handle:)
4FCF1BBF-E8F7-4EC4-90EE-890102F36DD4.gif

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If I was the insurance companies I’d start to reject these claims unless the victims had medical proof that they had some sort of poisoning... if you’ve been gassed I’m sure there would be some evidence such as high/low white/red blood cell count....

If I seriously thought I have been gassed I would want to go to hospital to find if I’ve been poisoned in some way and if there would be any lasting affects....

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
With my military connections in mind, I can do a special Funster offer for these.

Guaranteed to stem the inhalation of any gas, including the wife’s, dogs, curry vapours, damp, mound or stinky feet.

Only required for the driver as the others can sleep soundly through any form of gas attack.

Twin canisters also guarantees a restful sleep on your back, while the quality rubber and silicone muffles all types of snoring and midnight mumbling.

Essential for any planned trips to France. And don’t worry if you need to report any issues to the French authorities, as they also won’t be able to understand you while you’re wearing this.

£3000, 2 IPad’s and a Rolex watch secures a sale.
562A7B85-380F-4676-AABE-50F4FD57D085.jpeg

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
My wife and I have been gassed in various locations around Europe. Usually we wake up with dry mouths, and feeling a little under the weather. So far the only thing that we have noticed missing on each occasion are several bottles of wine from the fridge. In one case half a bottle of gin was missing. It must have affected our dog as well, since she barks at everything, but didn't alert us to someone stealing our alcohol!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yep, I agree with all that @Camdoon

And with regard to...........

No thief could find all the cubby holes in my van within the timeframe they would want to be in the van.

Exactly. I have trouble finding stuff in my own van :(

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My wife and I have been gassed in various locations around Europe. Usually we wake up with dry mouths, and feeling a little under the weather. So far the only thing that we have noticed missing on each occasion are several bottles of wine from the fridge. In one case half a bottle of gin was missing. It must have affected our dog as well, since she barks at everything, but didn't alert us to someone stealing our alcohol!

'Various locations'......
'Usually'......

Blimey! @DanielFord
Once is careless, twice is coincidence, but more times than that is.......?

If I were you I wouldn't bother doing the Lottery. ;)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
telling the time not taught at school ?
What's that got to do with owning a watch, everything you look at now tells the time, why spend thousands on something you have to carry about to get just to get pinched.
As a matter of fact time didn' make a half pence difference to me working either , if it was light you worked if it was dark you were in bed.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What's that got to do with owning a watch, everything you look at now tells the time, why spend thousands on something you have to carry about to get just to get pinched.
As a matter of fact time didn' make a half pence difference to me working either , if it was light you worked if it was dark you were in bed.

I said most granddads will own more than one watch.. My dad had more than I can remember. I've got four, two were presents , one I bought myself.. another for 25 years service.. a watch is more than just a timepiece.. and whether you have one or use a sundial has no bearing on what I said..

My point was the guy who was robbed probably owned more than one watch, as most older people do.

You replied just to prove me wrong.. well done.. another post that reminds me of the dark side.. It is getting more like that on here every day

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I said most granddads will own more than one watch.. My dad had more than I can remember. I've got four, two were presents , one I bought myself.. another for 25 years service.. a watch is more than just a timepiece.. and whether you have one or use a sundial has no bearing on what I said..

My point was the guy who was robbed probably owned more than one watch, as most older people do.

You replied just to prove me wrong.. well done.. another post that reminds me of the dark side.. It is getting more like that on here every day
So if someone is wrong you don' have say anything, is that how it works?

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp

Yep i own three, a tag heuer, a Gucci and a gold omega.. wear them as an item and would not be seen without a watch on and yes i do take them to France etc they are no good locked away in the safe

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So if someone is wrong you don' have say anything, is that how it works?

not at all.. good debate is fine, but simply posting to prove someone wrong is point scoring .. when I posted I would never have imagined that anyone on here wouldn't own at least one watch.. how wrong I was..

so I was wrong.. you were right...

I wear a watch because I like them, they are an item of jewellery not just a time piece.. I also love all things mechanical, a mechanical watch is the height of engineering excellence and have aways had an interest in them..

Not everything in life has to have a practical purpose, some people collect works of art.. a watch is in that category

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Guaranteed to stem the inhalation of any gas, including the wife’s, dogs, curry vapours, damp, mound or stinky feet.

I’m intrigued as to what “mound” is, if you can describe this adequately I may be interested.....:D

;)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Before I got my life back I was a loss adjuster for nearly 40 years and it never ceased to amaze me at the stories people used to come up with to divorce themselves from any blame surrounding their claim. Yes there were some fraudulent claims made but the vast majority I dealt with (apart from many being exaggerated) were probably genuine enough but most occurred as a result of a lack of care by the insured. Insurance companies expect you to take reasonable care of your belongings and that includes locking doors and windows, setting alarms and generally not inviting a thief to do his business. What probably happens in most cases is that the people have a drink, fall into bed without locking up or setting the alarm and are embarrassed that someone simply walks in and helps themselves so human nature being what it is (I'm not to blame mate) they come up with a pack of lies to cover their tracks. Happens all the time with motor accidents as well. I saw a drunk driver once heading for my car on a bend so I drove onto the pavement and put my handbrake on whilst I waited for the impact. I couldn't move anywhere. He later said it was my fault and I hit him, and his insurers wouldn't repay my excess until I asked them to explain how he was on the wrong side of the road and I was on the pavement with my handbrake on yet it was my fault? They paid up.

To conclude, possibly genuine but facts changed to absolve the victim from being the author of his own misfortune.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Yep i own three, a tag heuer, a Gucci and a gold omega.. wear them as an item and would not be seen without a watch on and yes i do take them to France etc they are no good locked away in the safe
Good to have the evidence on here when you're gassed :)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks very much for the warning, I'm going to reduce the cash I take with me to £2,500 and only take my cheap Rolex - is there anything else I need to do? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back