Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
This has been going on in Europe for quite a few years. I purchased an alarm which detects the gas used by these criminals.

I want one... Now I know that there is actually a detector for THE gas used by the crims, I definitely must have one. Who developed it, where can I buy it and how much is this piece of genius... :whistle:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
At the height of the gassing scare, someone I know was adamant that their neighbour was gassed in their home, in Spain.

"How did they do that"? I asked.

'They spray gas into the air conditioning unit outside'!

'But, the air conditioning unit has fans cooling a matrix, which is sealed', 'nothing can get into the house by spraying into the a/c unit'

'Well that's what they said' :doh:

'And what gas was used'?

'Don't know' :doh:

'Where did they buy the 'gas'?

'Don't now' :doh:

'Where can I buy this gas'?

'Don't know' :doh:

'You don't :swear2: know much about this alleged gassing do you'?

'Well that's what they said'.............

What a load of :swear2:!

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Popcorn is not as innocent as it looks. When it comes to bloating, some foods are obvious culprits. ... Once in the intestinal tract, the sugar alcohol will meet bacteria that ferments it, releasing gas, which leads to bloating, cramps, pain, and/or diarrhoea :eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I reported being gassed and robbed on this site 2 years ago.
At the same place as this story funnily enough - montpellier.

The amount of sarcastic or so called humorous replies I got back then has stopped me from making any other contributions to this site.

If your neighbour was robbed would you go to them and say "oh no you weren't - it is just an insurance scam" ?

Maybe when it happens to you, your attitude may change.
After all I thought the idea of this site was to help each other and not take the piss.
Has anyone actually said YOU were not robbed? I don't think so, but what the vast majority of people believe is that you CANNOT be gassed in a MH (or anywhere else for that matter) ... it is just not practical to be able to do it ... never mind it not being safe to the 'burglars' or camper occupants if any 'gas' ignites ...

Please don't confuse the comments regarding gas being used meaning we don't believe you about being robbed ... I hope you are still able to enjoy your MHing.

Ann hart

Free Member
May 17, 2018
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
autosleeper amethyst
Exp
50 years
I would be a millionaire if i could find out what gas they used

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I am willing to accept that there are criminals who have tried to use some type of gas in the mistaken belief that this does stop the occupants waking up. The fact that in many cases the victims slept right through the robbery would reinforce that mistaken belief, so you might expect them to continue using whatever gas they think does the job, even if it is only butane.

It corresponds with what the Police have said in some cases, and there might be a possible causal connection to victims reporting adverse reactions such as headaches even though there is no trace evidence to back it up. The local Police are not going to waste their budgets on full forensic investigations if the victims are foreign tourists who will claim on their insurance. Cases like this are more likely to be solved by using informants to identify the gangs preying on MHers and truckers.

I don't think for one minute that the victims have actually been rendered unconscious by attempted gas attacks. Still, it makes a good story for the news media.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
The use of "is" would be correct only in the singular. So "their spelling is crap" or "their punctuation is crap" both together you need an "are" because it is plural.

I think!

The “is” refers to the spelling, not “their”. So: “their spelling is crap”, “their grammar is perfect”. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The “is” refers to the spelling, not “their”. So: “their spelling is crap”, “their grammar is perfect”. (y)
I think you've missed what was being said by Vienesse ... she was referring to plural as there are 2 subjects mentioned, ie spelling and punctuation, not 'their' as in more than one person, so IMV 'are' is correct ...

If you change the sentence to say eg "look at the spelling and punctuation, they are crap" it makes more sense, ie 'they' refers to spelling and punctuation, not the people.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
And why does it always happen in France......... do the crims there have a monopoly or patent on it....:whistle:

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
"It has never been possible to determine precisely whether gas was used," says Captain Pascal Roméo, head of the departmental road safety squadron of Haute-Marne. Even skepticism on the part of the gendarmes of the peloton of Nice-Saint-Isidore in the Alpes-Maritimes, who had mounted last year targeted operations. The soldiers, in camouflage uniform, then roamed the most dangerous areas equipped with infrared glasses. "The perpetrators commit their crimes in a few minutes and leave. The passengers, discovering the flight, think they have been victims of sleeping gas, "explained one of the investigators.
For the victims, it is the speed of action that makes them think of gas. "A few years ago, we were asleep in our motorhome on the A8 motorway, says André, a native of Bouches-du-Rhone. They took everything away. "We suffered the same thing, recalls Michel, a resident of Savigny-sur-Orge (Essonne). It was in Italy. All our valuables are gone. The strangest thing is that even our dog did not bark. I only see the gas to achieve such a result. "

"I believe in this thesis," says Philippe Séguy, website manager www.accessoires-camping-car.fr. It sells more and more gas detectors. These devices analyze the composition of the air, and beep as soon as it changes. Amount of the object: between 50 and 500 €.
Other regulars also advocate more traditional methods. "I never park on the highway," says one of them. I prefer village squares: everyone controls everyone. The best criterion is to find a payphone. It means that the place is safe. "

https://translate.google.com/transl...mping-cars-19-07-2011-1537569.php&prev=search

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
If you change the sentence to say eg "look at the spelling and punctuation, they are crap" it makes more sense, ie 'they' refers to spelling and punctuation, not the people.

Hmmm: “If you change the sentence”... then you’re right.
However, I admit to diving in not having read the relevant message. Having done so I see DBK got it right (y)

OP
OP
Ironside

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
We've been gassed!!! We drank a bottle of wine or two lastnight and I’ve woken up and 1 of my flip flops is missing and we both have a headache!!!

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Not one person has died as a result of alleged gassings'. Not one!

Now, either these robbers are highly accurate in their calculations of person(s) in a moho, and know their medical history, allowing them to introduce just the right amount of gas, also knowing where these 'vents' are on each moho, then enter either holding their breath for a very long time, or wearing some kind of breathing apparatus.

or

It's a load of :swear2:!

I reckon it's the second.

Craig

OP
OP
Ironside

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
My apologies found flip flop it had blown under MOho :D

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I was gassed as a 16 yr old, found three of my wisdom teeth had gone missing ?:D2

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
I really have been gassed, when I joined the Army and in the gas chamber. CS gas nasty stuff, mask off and recite your Army number before .
Surprising the effect gas has on people.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Was he driving this.....

C1DDDDCE-6C1A-4C60-A6D5-6E361638D89F.jpeg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This has been going on in Europe for quite a few years. I purchased an alarm which detects the gas used by these criminals.
You need to tell about it, as they haven't managed to find it yet ...... must be rank amateurs when it comes to gassing.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No

How terrible!
So there is a gang of anaesthetists running around Europe putting people to sleep ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not one person has died as a result of alleged gassings'. Not one!

Now, either these robbers are highly accurate in their calculations of person(s) in a moho, and know their medical history, allowing them to introduce just the right amount of gas, also knowing where these 'vents' are on each moho, then enter either holding their breath for a very long time, or wearing some kind of breathing apparatus.

or

It's a load of :swear2:!

I reckon it's the second.

Craig
How do you know that? I reckon its you doing all the gassing,,,,How many I phones and Rolex have you got?:D:D

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have a very good friend who is head of the anesthetist department in a hospital here in France. Montbrison Hospital. He tells me there is no known gas that can be administered as people claim when they have been gassed in MH. If there were it would be used in hospitals and he wouldn't have needed to do several years in medical school to become a qualified anesthetist.
On the other hand I also have a friend who has his own MH repair and installations business and he claims many people claim to have been gassed in there MH. Which one do you believe?

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I have a very good friend who is head of the anesthetist department in a hospital here in France. Montbrison Hospital. He tells me there is no known gas that can be administered as people claim when they have been gassed in MH. If there were it would be used in hospitals and he wouldn't have needed to do several years in medical school to become a qualified anesthetist.
On the other hand I also have a friend who has his own MH repair and installations business and he claims many people claim to have been gassed in there MH. Which one do you believe?

For - Medical or Insurance purpose?:cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back