Apr

Chester Food and Drink Festival 2022 (1 Viewer)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
I know what we’d do without them - we’d be able to read books/play scrabble and bird watch in peace :rofl: :rofl: :getmecoat:
You cannot read,spell,and for bird watching your eyes will only be fixed on the blue tits because you will be sitting out side in the cold and all the funsters that LOVEthe welsh hooligans will be nice and warm ,even grumpy old JIM loves the welsh hooligans he his married to one boyo

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
Does anyone know if Chester is still full of roadworks like last August. If it is I will go on the A55 and drop down from Queensferry. Longer but much less stressful.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Does anyone know if Chester is still full of roadworks like last August. If it is I will go on the A55 and drop down from Queensferry. Longer but much less stressful.
No, we are all good. The Bridge is closed Mon, Tues and Wed but is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, I will post here if that is not the case

Fire pits will be a NO, although I haven't asked, they do have roving security at night so I suggest not even trying the raised BBQ transformation into a small fire at night thing.

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to Silkcut1105 and Swanseajack AKA the Welsh Hooligans for stepping up once again, love you guys, you're stars!!

EDIT: Error corrected as per below

Cheers
Red

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have posted previous earlier in the u-shaped lounge some I know don't go in there. So with permission :

To attendee/attendees who may help.
Hi I'm looking, please for a willing member for a funster relay to the SW.

haganap has a couple of 11kg lpg bottles (full) that I'd like to purchase and he can bring them to the Chester meet for hand over.
I'll pay him direct.

I am looking for a willing funster who may be travelling this way (Plymouth)
On their way home or onward travel. I can then meet up to collect by arrangement.
Or I can pick up
Devon Summerset, or CORNWALL OR Even over the bridge
Soon afterwards or a meet up on their way.
If you can help please drop me a pm and we can get something organised.
Tia.

Anyone?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
No, we are all good. The Bridge is closed Mon, Tues and Wed but is scheduled to reopen on Thursday, I will post here if that is not the case

Fire pits will be a NO, although I haven't asked, they do have roving security at night so I suggest not even trying the raised BBQ transformation into a small fire at night thing.

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to Silkcut1105 and raysalaugh AKA the Welsh Hooligans for stepping up once again, love you guys, you're stars!!

Cheers
Red
Actually it's swanseajack13 who is assisting with the marquee lighting and heating, Ray normally is always ready to help fellow
funsters when the need arises.(y)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to Silkcut1105 and raysalaugh AKA the Welsh Hooligans for stepping up once again, love you guys, you're stars!!

Cheers
Red
Red pleased that hopefully you'll be a little bit better by Thursday but you will be being kept a strict eye on to make sure you take it easy
As raysalaugh says it's very definitely our Ray swanseajack13 together with Silkcut1105 Stuart who behind the scenes have been helping me as always just amazing Funsters

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Red pleased that hopefully you'll be a little bit better by Thursday but you will be being kept a strict eye on to make sure you take it easy
As raysalaugh says it's very definitely our Ray swanseajack13 together with Silkcut1105 Stuart who behind the scenes have been helping me as always just amazing Funsters
😬😬😬😬😬😳😳😳

swanseajack13

Soooo sorry, I blame it on the drugs, please forgive me

Edit: I have edited my original post ro keep information correct (y)

Cheers
Red

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Low line
Exp
We are not able to attend this week. I had a hernia repair last Tuesday which I have been waiting for since October. Thought I would be okay by now, but I am not. Still on painkillers so cannot drive.i was looking forward to it as well and playing with the ukulele section. What a bummer, but better than having a motorbike crash. So my apologies especially to Janine and Chrisboyo for my absence as I have been practising the songs they sent me. Carol, if anyone can use our booking then please let them have it. Best wishes Ken and Bren

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Beekeeper , thank you for letting us know, sorry you won't be able to make it, but better to be sure and make a good recovery,

Jul 21, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 294
Exp
Since 1980's
Sorry to say we will not be able to join you all this weekend.

Merv has been unwell lately with his chest, and now his hip is so painful he cannot drive.

We will be thinking of you all, and hope you have a wonderful time.

Pauline & Merv

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Anyone parking at little roodee on Wednesday evening??

AvalonAdventur

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F A Class
Exp
We are looking forward to this Easter weekend. Is there a particular gate number to enter the festival or GPS coordinate?
Thank you.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We are not able to attend this week. I had a hernia repair last Tuesday which I have been waiting for since October. Thought I would be okay by now, but I am not. Still on painkillers so cannot drive.i was looking forward to it as well and playing with the ukulele section. What a bummer, but better than having a motorbike crash. So my apologies especially to Janine and Chrisboyo for my absence as I have been practising the songs they sent me. Carol, if anyone can use our booking then please let them have it. Best wishes Ken and Bren
Get a couple of golf tees, you could put your balls on them before you drive off! :eek::oops: Seriously, hope you feel better soon or you’ll be playing like this guy…..

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Itinerary Please read update at foot of post.

A quick heads up for everyone to let you know the "bones" of what "Fun" have planned over the period of the Food Fest.

Thursday

14:00 onwards
- Gates Open (Please ensure you have £2 ready to cover the cost of heating the Marquee etc, any excess will be donated to charity)
Evening - Background music, a drink and a chance to catch up.

Friday

Morning
- Bacon Butties
Evening - Quiz and Music/Disco

Saturday
Evening
- Jacobs Table, Live music and Open Mic

Sunday
Evening
- Chez Jules

For those that are new to "Fun", a Jacobs Table is not a satanic ritual, it's like a HUGE Picnic, everyone brings something edible to share with everyone else with the intention of creating a proper "feast", some members bake, some make canapes, some make Curry, some make Tagine, some bring special rice, some bring dips, some bring starters, some bring dessert, some people buy it and some make it from scratch, it's up to you...

I have bought this up to try and keep everyone up to date with the changes we have made due to circumstances..

Thursday. As posted.

FRIDAY Morning Meet and greet in the Marquee from 10.30am
we unfortunately could not do the bacon rolls but we are doing a selection of cakes and biscuits all you need to do is bring your drink the cakes and biscuits will be provided,. if it's your first rally please do introduce yourself to us or if you have any questions please ask.

FRIDAY. Evening as posted above. .... Quiz.

SATURDAY FOOD FESTIVAL OPENS.

SATURDAY. Evening you have the choice to join in with the Jacobs table and share as at a normal Jacobs table.

We realise after Covid not everyone is ready to join in with the Jacobs Table so you can bring your own food to eat.

The only stipulation is that if you choose to bring your own food for yourselves then obviously we don't take food from the Jacobs table.

the main thing is we all relax chill and enjoy ourselves,. I am sure if I have missed anything Red will be able to let us know

We will have karaoke and a open mic night..

SUNDAY Chez Jules

If anyone has any questions please do ask.🙂

We will have a While Board outside the marquee with information on..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have posted previous earlier in the u-shaped lounge some I know don't go in there. So with permission :

To attendee/attendees who may help.
Hi I'm looking, please for a willing member for a funster relay to the SW.

haganap has a couple of 11kg lpg bottles (full) that I'd like to purchase and he can bring them to the Chester meet for hand over.
I'll pay him direct.

I am looking for a willing funster who may be travelling this way (Plymouth)
On their way home or onward travel. I can then meet up to collect by arrangement.
Or I can pick up
Devon Summerset, or CORNWALL OR Even over the bridge
Soon afterwards or a meet up on their way.
If you can help please drop me a pm and we can get something organised.
Tia.

I've just bought this post up in case anyone is traveling down to Devon Cornwall and able to help on a Funster relay.

Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows of any spare tickets available. I was supposed to be working but just discovered We are now free for the weekend. Unfortunately it is a sell out. Happily refund any costs incurred

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
We are looking forward to this Easter weekend. Is there a particular gate number to enter the festival or GPS coordinate?
Thank you.

There were a lot of road works last year so available route might be slightly different to the one I took last year. Only thing I noted was do NOT use Nunn's Road / City Walls Road, use the A548 Watergate Street for the final approach. This avoids a right angled turn under the bridge ( part of the City Walls and called Water Gate bridge I think). But then again you might not have a 34 foot RV you need to swing around the corner 😁
Screenshot_20220412-190431.png

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
For those that were staying over 'till Tuesday, I have spoken to Phil and Jane who run the nice CL that looked after our Brenda last year. They have some availability for Monday night and are happy to take enquiries on the email below. Make sure you mention that you have got the email from Motorhome Fun ;)

heathfieldcaravansite@btinternet.com

Cheers
Red

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just a reminder for those coming if it's possible come with a good supply of water, if that not possible let the Marshalls know when you first get there so you can fill up before you park.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Morning All,

I'm afraid we aren't going to make it this weekend. We both had Covid nearly three weeks ago and, while I'm fine, it's left Kirsty with a really nasty chest cold and cough, to the extent that she's not able to sleep lying down. From a practical point of view, we just don't think it's a good thing to be away in the motorhome and we wouldn't wish this cold on anyone! We'd left it until today in the hope she might improve sufficiently. She's getting there but nowhere near fit enough yet, I'm afraid.

Sorry I won't be able to help you on Friday, Carol.

I'm not sure whether I could transfer our tickets to you BillyBeckers (or anyone else if there's a Funster waiting list?).

Have a great weekend one and all.

Tony

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Silly question
Are there tickets? I just seem to have a single email receipt/booking confirmation - is that it? No funky QR code? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back