Apr

Chester Food and Drink Festival 2022 (3 Viewers)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
On our way to Matlock after a lovely long weekend.

Thanks to Carol and Ed, Janine and Marshalls for (as usual) a very well run rally. I didn’t even get to the food festival, which was always a secondary reason for coming!

A big thank you to Janine, shazanddave Sharon, and Propshaft Rita for a lovely jam session yesterday. I thought we sounded good - and I apologise for misreading the time on my iPad and making us pack up an hour early …. ::doh: Hopefully we can get together again next week.

Last night was brill - it was lovely to dance and sing with Nikki haganap, Carol drago35uk, all the Welsh girls, two Berneses and a Newfie! :rofl:

Big thanks to swanseajack13 Ray and Silkcut1105 Stu, without whom we wouldn’t have had lights, heat or music! Oh, and for my T shirt, which I will treasure :wink:

We, as usual, had a blast!

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Thanks to Carol and Ed, Janine and Marshalls for (as usual) a very well run rally. I didn’t even get to the food festival, which was always a secondary reason for coming!

A big thank you to Janine, shazanddave Sharon, and Propshaft Rita for a lovely jam session yesterday. I thought we sounded good - and I apologise for misreading the time on my iPad and making us pack up an hour early …. ::doh: Hopefully we can get together again next week.

Last night was brill - it was lovely to dance and sing with Nikki haganap, Carol drago35uk, all the Welsh girls, two Bearneses and a Newfie! :rofl:

Big thanks to swanseajack13 Ray and Silkcut1105 Stu, without whom we wouldn’t have had lights, heat or music! Oh, and for my T shirt, which I will treasure :wink:

Matlock on a Bank Holiday Monday? That’ll be fun 🤣

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Thanks to all the organisers/Marshalls for their hard time consuming work without which these events simply wouldn’t happen. Nice to see a few faces again, Langtoftlad 👍 thanks again to lindyloot for bailing us out with the pump (hope you enjoy the wine👍) and lastly we’ve made a great friend in “Fred” the most gorgeous English Bull Terrier who brings his owners/servants John n Jinny 👍

Last edited:

Mrs Drago35uk

Funster
Sep 2, 2015
Newhey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years

Last night was brill - it was lovely to dance and sing with Nikki haganap, Carol drago35uk, all the Welsh girls, two Berneses and a Newfie! :rofl:

Was fabulous catching up with everyone again, most of us haven’t seen each other for a few years but then straight back in where we left off - singing and dancing and a few drinks! Safe travels everyone xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Back home, good journey with no hold ups, glad we set off earlier than we had intended.
A great big thank you to Carol and Eddie, all the marshals, the quiz master and contestants and all the wonderful funsters. Anbother great Chester rally. RedFrame glad the bike will be fine 😉 hope you ar well on the way to being sorted soon too. that meal was a triumph, food was lovely, company was great and as a bonus it was really good value for money.
Now to get the van fettled for our next trip. Thanks again everyone for making it a great Rally.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
A big fat thank you to everybody who made an effort to make me my wife and Fred very welcome .Loved the time in the tent ,and loved the people .We can not wait until we do it again see you all Funsters .
glad you liked it. I came looking for Fred, had spotted him a few times but never got to say hello (grew up with EBT's). Thank you for the quiz and sorting the pa for the bingo.
See you again soon I hope.

Glad everyone has had safe journeys so far and those still on the road get where your going okay.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Thank you everyone who helped to make it a wonderful rally,and especially Carol who was battling against chronic pain in her knee and still kept her eye on the ball morning,noon and night! She deserves a MEDAL 🤗🤗🤗

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Matlock on a Bank Holiday Monday? That’ll be fun 🤣
We weren’t impressed Janine! We found a parking space and walked in to Matlock, but the exhaust fumes in the town were terrible!

We had to escape to the Tavern in Tansley for a well earned drink, before returning to our ‘room with a view’!
C50556E0-99AD-4E03-8DF2-E526E785DC64.jpeg

Heading to catch up with canopus Ken and Lynda tomorrow!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Pub still not open then ???
Oh yes, had a couple of pints... walked into next village, that pub not dog friendly so had a quick one outside, then it started raining so got a bit wet walking back... needed a dry out & warm up, now back in the Britstop for a swift one before making some dinner...

Apr 4, 2020
North west Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
If you were in the front row nearest the centre of the racecourse, almost in line with the Funster tent then check when you get home for your grey plastic step.
Someone drove off without one so I have it. Will be at Newark if you want it back 😁
Hi Jev88, that was us! Sorry not going to Newark. Do as you wish with it.

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
Could I add my thanks to Carol, Redframe and all the marshalls plus those who organised the Quiz and Red for the fantastic meal out. Was great meeting up with good old friends and making new ones. I really had a wonderful time and the perfect weather was the icing on the cake. Hope to see some of you again at Shrewsbury, end of June.

Jean M

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
adria
I would like to add my thanks to all who organised and ran this fantastic rally. As a newby I was not sure what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m checking the calendar for the next one. Everyone I met were friendly and welcoming… What a fantastic crowd of people. Thanks to all.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I would like to add my thanks to all who organised and ran this fantastic rally. As a newby I was not sure what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m checking the calendar for the next one. Everyone I met were friendly and welcoming… What a fantastic crowd of people. Thanks to all.
So glad you enjoyed it. I felt like that at the first one I went to.
Nice bunch of folks.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you all for your kind comments, just a update as some of you know The only Sue was taken poorly and into hospital, tonight she is having a operation for a hernia, shazanddave have been wonderful and looking after Mia for the next couple of days and we are sorting out how best to help Sue. I will keep you posted.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
4 of us solos are now set up at Uttoxeter Racecourse until heading for Newark on Friday. Had a great time at Chester. It went so quickly and I didn't seem to have enough time to speak to all the lovely funsters I have met since my first rally at Chester in 2015 when I was a newbie too and very wary of what I was letting myself in for!
Thank you Carol and every other funster who have helped to make it another great meet. 😊👍
PS. Good luck to Theonlysue with the operation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back