Apr

Chester Food and Drink Festival 2022 (5 Viewers)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Scoffsontour. Hi I was asked a couple of days ago and enquired about electric but sorry all the electric hook ups have been taken.
If you have any problems while you are at Chester do let me know.🙂

Feb 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544 classic
Exp
Newbies
Scoffsontour. Hi I was asked a couple of days ago and enquired about electric but sorry all the electric hook ups have been taken.
If you have any problems while you are at Chester do let me know.🙂
Thank you Carol much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some more funsters. We've just met the lovely hilsandglen up to press. 🤗

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Carol

How big do you need the notice board this year ??
Found this invthe Alladins Cave, it might look a mess but as most guys will tell you "I know where everything is, so don't tidy up!!"
20220406_155236.jpg

Ps don't want it back 😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
IMPORTANT INFORMATION RECEIVED TODAY ABOUT ARRIVALS PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE GOING TO ARRIVE AFTER 8PM LET US KNOW AS MARSHALLS WILL NOT BE ON DUTY TO PARK YOU BUT IF YOU LET US KNOW I WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS. UP UNTIL 9pm.

Morning Campers,

With one week to go we wanted to get in touch with a little bit of information for next week.

We do not send out tickets prior to the event, all you need to bring with you is a copy of your booking confirmation, if you have any amendments to your booking and have additional paperwork to support it, it wont hurt to have that to hand also. You do not have to print this; you can bring this on your phone.

Arrivals, the CamperFest site will open at 2pm on Thursday, please do not arrive in advance of this as we will not be able to get you on to the field any earlier. You can arrive up until 11pm on Thursday after this, we will not be parking up any camper until 8am on Friday, if you are not arriving on Thursday, please note arrivals are between 8am and 8pm.

......................……...................................................................................................

Any queries please get in touchwith me before Thursday arrival.

Dec 20, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
What's the arrival procedure for us lot vs everyone else... as I assume there will be a mass of arrivals from all over from 2pm Thursday...? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What's the arrival procedure for us lot vs everyone else... as I assume there will be a mass of arrivals from all over from 2pm Thursday...? Thanks in advance.
Arrivals for Fun from 2pm you will be directed to the Fun Marshalls Please have your e mail available and remember your allocated No. 74 and Electric the Marshalls will book you in then you will be directed to Motorhome Fun area and parked up, sometimes there are queue's sometimes not there is no way of knowing when everyone is arriving.
It's the later arrivals that we need to know about.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE
Please have you £2 Rally fee ready for Marshalls when you book in.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you arrive before 2pm, rest assured that the smile you get from the marshals will not be a smile at all, rather a Grimace. Please do not be rude and arrive before you are welcome, Shouldn't have to say it, but some people just can't help themselves (y)

Dec 20, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
If you arrive before 2pm, rest assured that the smile you get from the marshals will not be a smile at all, rather a Grimace. Please do not be rude and arrive before you are welcome, Shouldn't have to say it, but some people just can't help themselves (y)
Fair point!!!

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
i wont be there till around 8 pm on thurs carol as we are working till 4pm

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
There are quite a few of us solo campers going to Chester and we usually park up together at the end of the Fun area. If there are any newbie solos coming you are welcome to join us. We don't do anything special except chat a lot. 😉
It's not compulsory but please don't sit alone in your vans (unless you want to of course, there's no pressure).
Wendy.

Dec 20, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
There are quite a few of us solo campers going to Chester and we usually park up together at the end of the Fun area. If there are any newbie solos coming you are welcome to join us. We don't do anything special except chat a lot. 😉
It's not compulsory but please don't sit alone in your vans (unless you want to of course, there's no pressure).
Wendy.
Thanks Wendy.... do you have EHU in that area, as I have booked it...? No idea how the marshalling of the 100+ vans works on the day although I am sure it'll all become clear soon enough... Cheers for the kind gesture.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Van42
Hi the Solo area does not have electric, but I'm. Sure when you arrive you can ask and someone will show you were the solo's are and introduced you. Don't worry about the parking we have done it many times before and for bigger numbers, it gets sorted, Funsters always muck in together. 🙂

Dec 20, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
Van42
Hi the Solo area does not have electric, but I'm. Sure when you arrive you can ask and someone will show you were the solo's are and introduced you. Don't worry about the parking we have done it many times before and for bigger numbers, it gets sorted, Funsters always muck in together. 🙂
No worries, Im sure it'll be all fine thanks. I will endeavour to pop over and say hi to the solos... (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have posted previous earlier in the u-shaped lounge some I know don't go in there. So with permission :

To attendee/attendees who may help.
Hi I'm looking, please for a willing member for a funster relay to the SW.

haganap has a couple of 11kg lpg bottles (full) that I'd like to purchase and he can bring them to the Chester meet for hand over.
I'll pay him direct.

I am looking for a willing funster who may be travelling this way (Plymouth)
On their way home or onward travel. I can then meet up to collect by arrangement.
Or I can pick up
Devon Summerset, or CORNWALL OR Even over the bridge
Soon afterwards or a meet up on their way.
If you can help please drop me a pm and we can get something organised.
Tia.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a solo, and have always pitched where I'm put. Marshals are busy enough. Nowhere is far from anywhere/anyone else.
It's not a problem Stephen we have solo Marshalls they are ready to park any solo campers, as you say no one is far from everyone else..
The sun is out here today finger's crossed it's given a reasonable weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13k GAS BOTTLES
Just another shout out if anyone has one or two 11 or 13K Gas bottles we can use to hear the marquee over the weekend,. We will of course cover the cost of make sure the cost of any gas is covered.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Wow my my South Wales hooligans have come up trumps they have sourced 2 to 13 k gas bottles for me along with bringing the lighting and the karaoke and the heating thank you very much South Wales hooligans don't know what I'd do without you.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Carol and RedFrame, the clutch slave cylinder died on our van yesterday (bloody clutch has only done 100900 miles, hardly even run in !) garage can't fix it till week after next, so we won't make Chester 😭
So sorry get in touch with Briony and ask her for a refund or credit note. Fingers crossed it's done as soon as possible.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wow my my South Wales hooligans have come up trumps they have sourced 2 to 13 k gas bottles for me along with bringing the lighting and the karaoke and the heating thank you very much South Wales hooligans don't know what I'd do without you.
I know what we’d do without them - we’d be able to read books/play scrabble and bird watch in peace :rofl: :rofl: :getmecoat:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Aly1 - re your post for dog bandanna’s; could I please order a small one for a neighbour.
Thanks

Attachments

• 78BDAA5C-6F3E-4C27-AE71-8E9B4B9725A3.jpeg
    78BDAA5C-6F3E-4C27-AE71-8E9B4B9725A3.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 3D7BE374-D320-490E-96CE-4679AB2E1A61.jpeg
    3D7BE374-D320-490E-96CE-4679AB2E1A61.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Silkcut1105 - on a different note Stu, we’ve just been talking to a lady from Porthcawl, I mentioned about our cancelled Elvis Weekend, and she said it’s absolutely brilliant- they come from all over the world! Get it booked for next year Boyo! xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back