Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Picked the worst place in nice to park tonight too. Teenage Muppets arriving in cars every bloody 5 minutes , one leaves another arrives. I love when park4night reviews say nice quiet place and you discover it's rendevouz central for every noisy asshole in town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well it's just after 4am and I had to finally give up and move due to little shits in cars with music. You'd think on a weekday they would have buggerred off around midnight or so but they were still going strong and it had got to the point where the next move would have been me out with the baseball bat cracking heads and smashing a car up so I moved before I completely lost it... no where close by that's out of the way so I'm now parked up by the side of a main road which is not ideal but I'm knackered and can't keep my eyes open to drive safely.
Can't see me getting much sleep here either but I couldnt take another shitty French rap song before I blew my top.

Although I really can't stress how close I was to taking that bat out there and saying sod the consequences....... little barstewards.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We don’t like the south of France either - the west coast is much nicer!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Picked the worst place in nice to park tonight too. Teenage Muppets arriving in cars every bloody 5 minutes , one leaves another arrives. I love when park4night reviews say nice quiet place and you discover it's rendevouz central for every noisy asshole in town.
We were all young once,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Well done for not going out there and sorting the little B****ds Tam, I hope you've managed to get a bit of sleep and by now moved on to a really quiet and peaceful spot.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well it's just after 4am and I had to finally give up and move due to little shits in cars with music. You'd think on a weekday they would have buggerred off around midnight or so but they were still going strong and it had got to the point where the next move would have been me out with the baseball bat cracking heads and smashing a car up so I moved before I completely lost it... no where close by that's out of the way so I'm now parked up by the side of a main road which is not ideal but I'm knackered and can't keep my eyes open to drive safely.
Can't see me getting much sleep here either but I couldnt take another shitty French rap song before I blew my top.

Although I really can't stress how close I was to taking that bat out there and saying sod the consequences....... little barstewards.

That will teach you to moan about villages in Provence being dead.;)

You should have set your pack of vicious dogs on the Bustards.

I hope you found some peace later.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that was frankly a night from hell :(

And it only got worse , as my last post stated I had to move as the idiots showed no sign of letting up and I was just getting angrier and angrier. I moved to a layby out of town but on the roadside ....while driving there it was quiet not another car on the road but as soon as I stopped and got in to bed it was like the m1 and impossible...so again I looked for somewhere not to far away but away from the roadside. The sat nav decided to take me up a very steep very narrow zigzag type road ...of course no where to turn around and I eventually got stuck. Pitch dark and totally exhausted and having to reverse down 3 or 4 miles of hairpin bends with low branches etc took me a good 45 mins ...sides of van scratched to hell with the trees I'm gonna have to t cut the bugger again

Eventually stopped at another main road layby as little choice around 06.10 ...got woken again at 8am ....left France got stuck in tailback and traffic jams all the way in to Italy....finally found a spot I could park Toby at 11am .

So sat in a large carpark outside sanremo at the minute....it's pouring with rain.

I'm fed up and exhausted and starting to ask myself why the hell am I doing this.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

I wondered what you were doing up at stupid o clock. Hoped it wouldnt have been what it was. The major cities in France arent for staying in, but unfortunately i think you worked that out. Never mind, onward and upward or eastward but not southward (yet)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

And it only got worse , as my last post stated I had to move as the idiots showed no sign of letting up and I was just getting angrier and angrier. I moved to a layby out of town but on the roadside ....while driving there it was quiet not another car on the road but as soon as I stopped and got in to bed it was like the m1 and impossible...so again I looked for somewhere not to far away but away from the roadside. The sat nav decided to take me up a very steep very narrow zigzag type road ...of course no where to turn around and I eventually got stuck. Pitch dark and totally exhausted and having to reverse down 3 or 4 miles of hairpin bends with low branches etc took me a good 45 mins ...sides of van scratched to hell with the trees I'm gonna have to t cut the bugger again

Eventually stopped at another main road layby as little choice around 06.10 ...got woken again at 8am ....left France got stuck in tailback and traffic jams all the way in to Italy....finally found a spot I could park Toby at 11am .

So sat in a large carpark outside sanremo at the minute....it's pouring with rain.

I'm fed up and exhausted and starting to ask myself why the hell am I doing this.
why do you go so far so fast, you have already missed one of my favourite places in italy, ventimiglia market tomorrow reputed to be the biggest market in europe and i have no reason to dought it , its huge and there is room to park as well, you could have parked by the sea at the old border post in menton, you always seem to go loads of miles at one go.

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
We were all young once,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:[/QUOTE]
you have a good memory?:)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wondered what you were doing up at stupid o clock. Hoped it wouldnt have been what it was. The major cities in France arent for staying in, but unfortunately i think you worked that out. Never mind, onward and upward or eastward but not southward (yet)
Where I was though I was tucked out the way , just inconsiderate little scumbags

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

You always have the option of staying at campsites.:LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
why do you go so far so fast, you have already missed one of my favourite places in italy, ventimiglia market tomorrow reputed to be the biggest market in europe and i have no reason to dought it , its huge and there is room to park as well, you could have parked by the sea at the old border post in menton, you always seem to go loads of miles at one go.
I don't think 30km is that far to be honest and that's the distance park4night showed this place from where I was last night. I drove through ventimiglia it was one big traffic jam from start to finish and didn't look that great to be honest. I tried to stop at the spots before the border...I couldn't get any so I decided as I needed to empty my waste and this was the closest one with services I came here. There's a load of other campers here and I've found a British vw trophy which was the van I had before franky so I've parked up next to that and who knows lol maybe I'll get some conversation out of them.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You always have the option of staying at campsites.:LOL::LOL:
That's never gonna happen.

The day that becomes my only option I'll sell the van.

Although .....if I'm working on a campsite next summer that's different .....cause I'm not paying for it ha ha

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's as the crow flys probably 40 - 50 km by road.
Aye it was due to take 35mins but due to there being a major tailback most of the way it took me about an hour 15 minutes. But got here parked up had some breakfast then went back to bed.

Got up around 3pm found the services sorted that and now parked up overlooking the sea.
No sign of the folk in this British vw yet but it's the first brit I've seen lol

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have moved a few times, and always surprised when we wake up how nice it is.:rolleyes: why did we not find it before we parked up. :LOL:
I had some tw*t in Spain turned up long after we went to bed, got all ready to go, said to Janie get in the drivers seat I'm going to have a word, took my bat his passenger window was open I said you have a problem ME :rolleyes: all I could hear was Janie shouting get in here, ;)and being more scarred of her I did, and no longer have a bat ........Or Ball. :swear2: :pop: Bob.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Some nice cars there ....not sure when it kicks off but a quick look online says it's on all weekend so might at least see something from the start or finish lines.

I need to give Toby a clean and I need some shopping etc and I'm fed up driving so I'm gonna chill out here for a day or two I think.
20190411_170730.jpg
20190411_170802.jpg
20190411_170825.jpg
20190411_170909.jpg
20190411_171201.jpg
20190411_171227.jpg
20190411_171243.jpg
20190411_171326.jpg
20190411_171344.jpg
20190411_171356.jpg
20190411_171400.jpg
20190411_171419.jpg
20190411_171435.jpg
20190411_171612.jpg
20190411_172542.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We have moved a few times, and always surprised when we wake up how nice it is.:rolleyes: why did we not find it before we parked up. :LOL:
I had some tw*t in Spain turned up long after we went to bed, got all ready to go, said to Janie get in the drivers seat I'm going to have a word, took my bat his passenger window was open I said you have a problem ME :rolleyes: all I could hear was Janie shouting get in here, ;)and being more scarred of her I did, and no longer have a bat ........Or Ball. :swear2: :pop: Bob.
I always have my bat just incase I get broken in to or attacked at night etc it's more a safety protection thing ...but I really really wanted to go and rattle those scumbags with it last night...they were all drunk including the driver

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I always have my bat just incase I get broken in to or attacked at night etc it's more a safety protection thing ...but I really really wanted to go and rattle those scumbags with it last night...they were all drunk including the driver
Not sure about the law abroad, but you have a ball and a glove in your van as well just in case you use it dont you ?

Looks like a good weekends entertainment going on there for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back