Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That comes under the heading of ‘Exceptions’ and you are not reading the entire page correctly. However, lead a horse to water and all that. :Smile:
Because it is an exception 🤦‍♂️ im not an italian resident or national nor even an eu citizen

Therefore unless quarantine for 10 days on arrival even with a test done my only option to move between regions is to transit.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Do you realise the toll for the Mont Blanc Tunnel is €62.30. :eek:
I didnt but im not surprised

Ive no idea lenny ....i haven't managed to plan anything for the return trip other than the ferry booking .....because trying to understand any of it without trying to find loopholes is just confusing as anything

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Im only stating the information im finding in the absolute minefield of trying to get home
Unfortunately you are interpreting most of it incorrectly.

Apart from the actually entering Italy bit (we are already here) we have the same journey back to the UK as you, complete with dog. I can assure you it is nowhere near as difficult as you are making it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Unfortunately you are interpreting most of it incorrectly.

Apart from the actually entering Italy bit (we are already here) we have the same journey back to the UK as you, complete with dog. I can assure you it is nowhere near as difficult as you are making it.
Yes you are already there

Im not so when i enter i have 2 choices ....neg test then self isolate in one place for 10 days then i can continue to France under the claim of heading home ....i arrive in italy on the 13 march add ten days that is 23rd march

Or

I enter italy and im allowed 36 to transit italy in to france ...

Italians and french are not allowed to travel outside their own region so why would you be allowed to do so under the claim of travelling home but with no timescale?

I guarantee if you get stopped by the police and you state youve taken 3 or 4 days to drive say 400km etc then youll be fined as it isnt just travelling home

The same way when i arrive in folkestone ive to go straight to my address and isolate for 10 days

The same rules are in place for a eu countries

Ive read nothinh that says you can just take your time and meander home

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes you are already there

Im not so when i enter i have 2 choices ....neg test then self isolate in one place for 10 days then i can continue to France under the claim of heading home ....i arrive in italy on the 13 march add ten days that is 23rd march

Or

I enter italy and im allowed 36 to transit italy in to france ...

Italians and french are not allowed to travel outside their own region so why would you be allowed to do so under the claim of travelling home but with no timescale?

I guarantee if you get stopped by the police and you state youve taken 3 or 4 days to drive say 400km etc then youll be fined as it isnt just travelling home

The same way when i arrive in folkestone ive to go straight to my address and isolate for 10 days

The same rules are in place for a eu countries

Ive read nothinh that says you can just take your time and meander home
Tam, there are only so many ways I can point out that you are wrong. My patience is exhausted and I’m out of this thread.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, there are only so many ways I can point out that you are wrong. My patience is exhausted and I’m out of this thread.
So instead of telling me im wrong when ive already stated several times that i do not understand all the different requirements and how im going to do it why not instead try telling me how you plan to do it.

Because otherwise it isnt helping its just having digs

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hope you can find a way through all the red tape Tam.
Re tiltable solar panels; I have been thinking about this for my van and decided that tiltable to the side (rather than to the front as in the picture) makes sense. This is because the side with the habitation door is the side we tend to park facing South as we have an awning on that side. I guess it may be less relevant if you are being totally stealth and not having an awning.

Obviously you can't always choose your orientation and sometimes other considerations come into play like neighbours, views etc.
Looking forward to the build thread!
Paddy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I tend to agree Northernraider , I am not there so really don't know what I would do, but I think you are making hard work of the situation, what has happened to your get up and go, do what I like, go where I like, park where I like attitude?
You knew there would be problems when you set off, but you weren't concerned.
Just do it, things are getting better all the time, if you just lay low for a couple of weeks, you might not need half this stuff. (y) :sun:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So instead of telling me im wrong when ive already stated several times that i do not understand all the different requirements and how im going to do it why not instead try telling me how you plan to do it.

Because otherwise it isnt helping its just having digs
You'll notice no reply forthcoming.

As i said totally different circumstances if you're already in italy than if you are entering italy from another country as a now non EU citizen.

I can't afford to stay in italy in one place for 10 days before then having to still transit in 36 hours or break local rules on moving regions.

I dont see that as my interpretation its whats written on the Italian government page i linked too.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I tend to agree Northernraider , I am not there so really don't know what I would do, but I think you are making hard work of the situation, what has happened to your get up and go, do what I like, go where I like, park where I like attitude?
You knew there would be problems when you set off, but you weren't concerned.
Just do it, things are getting better all the time, if you just lay low for a couple of weeks, you might not need half this stuff. (y) :sun:
Charlie no disrespect mate but folk are quick on here to pull folk up for breaking the rules and not respecting the lockdowns etc ....im trying to abide by those rules and in doing so form a plan to make my way home. I catch the ferry on the 12th which is only 15 days away.
The rules for italy do say they are in place till march the 5th so yes they might change but thats just the first step.

It is still the case that for entry in to every eu country you require a plf form stating where you will be staying and a valid test done within 48 -72 hours depending which country its for ...italy apparently 48 hours.

So ive 2 choices entering italy ....give a location im going to be for the 10 days and not move till 23rd march
Or state im transiting and leave within 36 hours

Thats their rules

Then to enter france you need a test again done within 72 hours which would render the one done in greece invalid as its more than that.

So unless i get another test done in Italy during that 36 hour transit period i have to then transit through france or i can be forced in to quarantine.

As i said above to maz if anyone wants to read the information for italy and france and explain to me another option im more than happy to listen to it as long as its not full of maybes and loopholes because if you break the rules you will be fined.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I think you can only do the best you can based on your interpretation of current rules, which could be changed at anytime.
It isn't helped by websites publishing their interpretation, or being out of date.
The pages here are full of threads with folk trying to interpret just one country's regulations, to do what they want, let alone three!

Try not to get too wound up, and try to enjoy the last few days.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Does this make sense Northernraider ?

• Greece to Italy - Covid test needed? - yes - test in Patras, result 12 hours, ferry 24 hours (total 36 hours), land in Italy.
    Better if no test needed for transit.
  • Transit Italy - 36 hours (curfew hours taken off that)
  • Italy to France - no test needed?
  • France - straight to vets just over border (24 hours before tunnel), then Covid test?
  • Then 24 hours to transit - will be ok for Covid & minutes over 24 hours ok for dogs
  • Need vets & Covid test places near Italian border ( preferably same place!).

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you can only do the best you can based on your interpretation of current rules, which could be changed at anytime.
It isn't helped by websites publishing their interpretation, or being out of date.
The pages here are full of threads with folk trying to interpret just one country's regulations, to do what they want, let alone three!

Try not to get too wound up, and try to enjoy the last few days.
Yes i keep telling myself that and im doing my best 😁 just trying to have some sort of plan and getting frustrated when i then keep finding obstacles.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Does this make sense Northernraider ?

• Greece to Italy - Covid test needed? - yes - test in Patras, result 12 hours, ferry 24 hours (total 36 hours), land in Italy.
    Better if no test needed for transit.
  • Transit Italy - 36 hours (curfew hours taken off that)
  • Italy to France - no test needed?
  • France - straight to vets just over border (24 hours before tunnel), then Covid test?
  • Then 24 hours to transit - will be ok for Covid & minutes over 24 hours ok for dogs
  • Need vets & Covid test places near Italian border ( preferably same place!).
Yes thats kind of what i was thinking

If only transiting italy then i dont need a test done in greece as long as i leave italy within 36 hours.

But i would then need a test to enter france
Baring in mind i arrive in italy on a Saturday.

If i get a test done in greece on the thursday as i board the ferry on the friday at 4.30 ( need to be there 2.30 ) will i get result in time .....it might be enough to get me in to france ....only problem is it arrives just 90 minutes before italian curfew on saturday so not leaving me a lot of time on sunday to navigate italy.

But after that yes i thought vets over border in morning ...covid test afternoon and then the tunnel the next evening if ive results back

Not sure how long they take to give results

Have to book uk covid tests and submit plf before booking the tunnel

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Anyway im gonna have to try and stop thinking about it till next week and then look again as its just a big headache.

I think if I hadn't bought a bus id just say stuff it and go to turkey for 3 months lol
It's still going to be there when you get back,, take your time and chill.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Im hoping to do a few of those next long trip .... hopefully in my vario
1614278481120.png

The situation in Syria remains volatile and dangerous owing to a decade of ongoing conflict and insecurity. The Syrian regime does not exercise control of parts of the country, notably in the north west where fighting has caused significant civilian casualties and displacement. Daesh, formerly known as ISIL, continues to operate as an insurgency and conducts regular attacks, especially in north east Syria and other terrorist groups are also active. Throughout Syria, local security situations are fragile and can deteriorate into armed clashes without warning. See Civil unrest/political tension and Terrorism

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Syria. Continued attacks across Syria including in major cities, have left large numbers of people dead or injured. There is also a very high threat of kidnapping throughout Syria. There have been a number of kidnappings, including of British nationals and other Westerners, by Daesh and other groups. See Terrorism

If you choose to travel to Syria against FCDO advice, you should make sure you and any dependents have valid exit stamps on your travel documents if you need one and take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
View attachment 468990
The situation in Syria remains volatile and dangerous owing to a decade of ongoing conflict and insecurity. The Syrian regime does not exercise control of parts of the country, notably in the north west where fighting has caused significant civilian casualties and displacement. Daesh, formerly known as ISIL, continues to operate as an insurgency and conducts regular attacks, especially in north east Syria and other terrorist groups are also active. Throughout Syria, local security situations are fragile and can deteriorate into armed clashes without warning. See Civil unrest/political tension and Terrorism

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Syria. Continued attacks across Syria including in major cities, have left large numbers of people dead or injured. There is also a very high threat of kidnapping throughout Syria. There have been a number of kidnappings, including of British nationals and other Westerners, by Daesh and other groups. See Terrorism

If you choose to travel to Syria against FCDO advice, you should make sure you and any dependents have valid exit stamps on your travel documents if you need one and take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance.
I did say some of them 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back