Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (2 Viewers)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So after the disastrous start to the trip last week ....Toby having a breakdown and a few days in rehab he's now feeling himself again ....so it's all systems go

Tunnel is booked for 9.20am Sunday 27th so a couple of days to get down there and then on to Belgium hopefully for Sunday night.
Final destination is still hopefully Greece via Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and then Greece .... obviously if any covid situations arise that route is subject to change but will cross that bridge when I come to it

I've a polar steps trip tracker activated if you want real time updates ...but I will as usual post the pics and details here

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hi Northernraider,
New to following anyone and as this is the most interesting thread to me destination wise I'm along for the ride too and on polarsteps.. glad to see all your mechanical woes are behind you.. enjoy and most importantly stay safe....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Tam, I've just posted this on the old thread but if you pm me your reg number I will pay your Dart charge from my account (Call it a going away present ) Take care fella and Bon voyage
I had to send you my reg from suavecarve's account. Hope that is in order (y)

Signed Northernraider

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I've stopped for tonight just 6 miles south of Berwick upon Tweed ....my usual haunt down here is no longer available but found another one on park4night which is a nice flat carpark in the middle of nowhere.
I'll post up the location and a few pics etc tomorrow as always ...there's 2 other campers here for the noght.

Time for a wee cup of coffee ....
Toby drove well and had a chance to try all my new lights ....that spotlamp is bright lol I can see for miles .

Filled up with diesel just south of Edinburgh so ill put all the miles and fuel etc on the thread in morning too as once again I'd like to keep track of miles and fuel costs on the trip.

Had an influx of followers on polar steps think there's about 30 odd now.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Which way are you going through Germany ? and how long do you expect to be there ? I noted a few FLT spots that may be of interest to you.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Good Luck (y) Love the idea of Polarsteps, never new it existed but look forward to following your journey.;)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Which way are you going through Germany ? and how long do you expect to be there ? I noted a few FLT spots that may be of interest to you.
I've not thought that far ahead yet lol ...probably 2 or 3 weeks but all depends ...never any fixed itinerary...
But spots are always welcome ( except on me bum cause they are nippy )

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I've not thought that far ahead yet lol ...probably 2 or 3 weeks but all depends ...never any fixed itinerary...
But spots are always welcome ( except on me bum cause they are nippy )
I ll see where youre heading and butt in when youre there or thereabouts.

Good luck fella

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Good luck Tam, I haven't quite caught up with the last thread but pleased to hear you're on your way again (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Im glad you decided to go. Your going at the right time too since weathers dropping like a stone here.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im glad you decided to go. Your going at the right time too since weathers dropping like a stone here.
I know ...it was freezing last night ...ground frost this morning couldn't believe the change from a week ago ... definitely warmer down south no wonder those southerners are softies

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I know ...it was freezing last night ...ground frost this morning couldn't believe the change from a week ago ... definitely warmer down south no wonder those southerners are softies

head south young man definitely getting colder in the alps , was only 17deg last night down from 22deg a few days ago
listening to the talk of ground frost makes me wonder why Iā€™m so desperate to get back home Which shows
2, deg now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back