Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (1 Viewer)

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Yes i found that before and at the moment it states a test isn't necessary to enter italy from greece and i then have 36 hours to transit italy
Although it does state somewhere that this rule is up for review on 5th march so ill have to keep an eye on that.

My problem is planning the rest of the journey as at present you're only allowed to transit france in 24 hours ....but i need a negative pcr test done in france as according to gov website only Spanish french or english is accepted so one in greece or italy won't do ....and the timing for greece is impossible anyway as im on ferry for 24 hours
I also need the dogs wormed somewhere and greece would again be tight on timing with no room for delays and not sure on italy ..

So i can probably get from Greece to italy no probs but i need a neg test to enter France unless im in and out in 24 hours ....but i need a vet and a pcr test with results in those 24 hours which to me seems almost impossible.

Im stressed to the max trying to work it all out

I also have to submit a plf before entering uk , order 2 tests before entering uk etc all within a certain timescale while driving 3500km in 2 days
Thats before i factor in eating sleeping letting dogs get a pee etc

Obviously when they worked these things out no one got together to think of folk crossing more than one country with dogs.

And to think if they had only extended the transition period till covid was dealt with all of this would be easy.

I dont think i can physically do what is legally required to be honest
I would say stop worrying....just get on the ferry sort it out when you get to Italy...if you haven’t got a pcr they will soon test you, they won’t try and put you on the ferry back. Same with Italy to France or wherever...let them do their stuff. They won’t shoot you. Too much time spent worrying. You must have very high blood pressure.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I would say stop worrying....just get on the ferry sort it out when you get to Italy...if you haven’t got a pcr they will soon test you, they won’t try and put you on the ferry back. Same with Italy to France or wherever...let them do their stuff. They won’t shoot you. Too much time spent worrying. You must have very high blood pressure.
That's a very good point. They'll just want you to get through and home too

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Years ago, talking to an old fitter at work, I said I had to pick up some disposable nappies on my way home. He said they'd only ever used terry ones and that once you'd removed the nappy from the child, if you got a firm grip on one corner in your fist, and gently held the opposite corner under your thumb, a quick flick of the wrist would send the contents into the back of their open fire ! :eek:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Years ago, talking to an old fitter at work, I said I had to pick up some disposable nappies on my way home. He said they'd only ever used terry ones and that once you'd removed the nappy from the child, if you got a firm grip on one corner in your fist, and gently held the opposite corner under your thumb, a quick flick of the wrist would send the contents into the back of their open fire ! :eek:
Burn baby burn

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Now then I have heard the the Mongolian people use dried yak dung as fuel for cooking. So rather than throwing half the content of your composting loo away just dry it out and use as fuel for the 'log' burner.
A few laid out in the sun will mean you can always pitch up without being crowded in but probably have to invest in flyscreens for the new conversion. Win win!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Horse poo burns quite well,not surprising as it’s mainly straw. Quite a good idea to burn it once it’s compacted a bit.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
And they always said shit doesn't burn
It does burn. So long as its dry. Has To be about 20% dry solids to burn unaided which means you gotta get it out in the sun for bit. If you try to burn it fresh, it takes more energy to burn off the water than you get from the combustion.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
I didn't but at least you got to say it ,😉 i left uk when it was still ok to do so ...i entered greece while greece was still saying come to greece its safe here
And ive enjoyed being in the safest place in europe in a warmer climate than the uk
If it wasnt for brexit and the stupid insistence of not extending the transition period i could happily stay here ...i could if i really wanted go to bulgaria or turkey and wait it out but otherwise i need to leave shengen by 31st march and thats when my covid covering travel insurance expires.

I'm attempting to now comply with various government advice and return home by the quickest route .... something they haven't made easy.

So really those comments arent really helpful.

I broke no rules or went against any advice when i came here and to come home any earlier would have been unwise.
I, for one, knew you hadn't gone against UK advice when you left and you've followed every countries rules since then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
So instead of telling me im wrong when ive already stated several times that i do not understand all the different requirements and how im going to do it why not instead try telling me how you plan to do it.

Because otherwise it isnt helping its just having digs
Yes. You're quite right. It always astonishes me on her when some like to dig instead of providing useful help.. Not many I know but I'm finding it upsetting and annoying on your behalf.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Decided to make hay while the sun shined and gave Toby's roof a good clean .....still nice and shiny too but might go up and give it a coat of wax anyway
20210227_131852.jpg
20210227_131904.jpg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!