Rally Shrewsbury, messing about on the river 2-7 July (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you bringing it Lenny? I fancy a shot on one of those. ;)
Yep, hopefully will be able to stand up on it by then.
Bought it as a birthday present for my daughter but her hubby bought her one, seemed silly not to keep it living 200 yds from the beach.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Yep, hopefully will be able to stand up on it by then.
Bought it as a birthday present for my daughter but her hubby bought her one, seemed silly not to keep it living 200 yds from the beach.
I would like a go at SUP too, I have been trying to book some lessons. I figure a wetsuit is going to be all important to start with as I cannot imagine standing on it is going to come naturally. These beginner boards, what sort of size are they please? or are they inflatable therefore deflatable for transporting?
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Right here is your update,
Thanks for sorting out the extra numbers. Is it really 3 years since we chatted at Saarburg?

Mike
Sarrburg.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I would like a go at SUP too, I have been trying to book some lessons. I figure a wetsuit is going to be all important to start with as I cannot imagine standing on it is going to come naturally. These beginner boards, what sort of size are they please? or are they inflatable therefore deflatable for transporting?
Thanks
Yep my one is an inflatable my one is 10'6" x 32", general purpose beginners board. OK up to about 90kg although they do say its OK for a quite a bit more. I think they are a bit harder to balance on than a solid board and harder to get back on. Should be easier on flat water.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Yep my one is an inflatable my one is 10'6" x 32", general purpose beginners board. OK up to about 90kg although they do say its OK for a quite a bit more. I think they are a bit harder to balance on than a solid board and harder to get back on. Should be easier on flat water.
Thank you for that info. Should be able to book in for my lessons soon which will be on flat water so I hope that means I will be in with a chance of staying on !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thank you for that info. Should be able to book in for my lessons soon which will be on flat water so I hope that means I will be in with a chance of staying on !
Lessons, that's posh, I just get on and fall off. Managed to break my centre fin first time out, a big wave dumped me on the beach.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Lessons, that's posh, I just get on and fall off. Managed to break my centre fin first time out, a big wave dumped me on the beach.
I never thought of it as posh but at Ā£20 cheaper to have an introduction taster than buying a board then deciding I donā€™t like it/canā€™t do it
....and possibly also cheaper than a new centre fin ?!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I never thought of it as posh but at Ā£20 cheaper to have an introduction taster than buying a board then deciding I donā€™t like it/canā€™t do it
....and possibly also cheaper than a new centre fin ?!
Blagged a new fin of the supplier & they are fairly standard only Ā£10 to buy so I've bought a spare as well.

Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
Hi Martin, could you put us down on reserve list please (fri-mon)
New paddle boards to try out/practice/fall offšŸ¤£
Thanks
Gary & Ang

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yeah so happy thank you. How do I pay please xxx
I will post a bit closer to the time all payment details, the show-ground don't want to take everybody's payment to then have to refund if the rules change again.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Is there a list for people to watch all these paddle boarders going face first into the water.
(I would be happy to provide said entertainment if someone lends me use of a board šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚)
I will definitely loan you a board to see that! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Harp07

Free Member
May 25, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Since 2008
Can you put us on the reserve list please.

Jim and Chris.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
As a lifelong resident of Shrewsbury I would just like to point out the possibility of the river level being too low for all this nautical activity although it is July so could equally be too high ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:šŸ„¶šŸ„µ

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As a lifelong resident of Shrewsbury I would just like to point out the possibility of the river level being too low for all this nautical activity although it is July so could equally be too high ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:šŸ„¶šŸ„µ
High would be good Jon we will get down from Montford bridge a bit easier, as for low it seems pretty deep where the little beach is, or it did when I was hanging upside down in Andy's kayak.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Martin,

Can you please put us on the Reserve List.
We'll start facing east and offering our eldest as a sacrifice. to the Gods.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back