Rally Shrewsbury, messing about on the river 2-7 July (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Quick coffee then we unfortunately have to leave.
Shrewsbury is lovely and the showground is a perfect location for a meet. Thanks to the hard work from Martin and Jan. We met some lovely people which hopefully we will see you all soon. Plus I got the scooter upgraded so win win.
Gareth and Phil

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Thank you for the rally Martin.
Met a few more Funsters,hope to do again🍻
Great place to visit Shrewsbury 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks to Jen and Martin for putting this event on. It was lovely to put faces to Handles.
We couldn't escape without another Tenner being put in our hand so the FINAL, (Promise?) total going to PCUK is, £174

We'll see some of you at Wyre Piddle.
Regards
Derek and Mary

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another Big Thankyou to Martin & Jen for a great few days!

I loved the messing about on the river - thanks to the Funsters for generously sharing their kayaks and paddleboards. I even managed to not fall in 😂

Although I was only 20 miles from home, it was lovely to be a tourist and see places that I have missed before.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Had a very nice relaxing few days, thanks so much Martin and Jen. My first rally, hopefully the first of many more. Good to meet so many funsters and put names to faces. Especially nice to see Norman and Odette Detnor who we so helpful when I bought the Hymer a few years ago.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
A great time meeting new and old friends. 😍

I also spent quite a lot of time in a canoe, disturbing water.🚣‍♂️

So did Sandra and Colin 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♂️- all to the benefit of Breast Cancer.(y)

Derek & Mary worked hard at their cancer fundraising. Selling these 📗📘📙.(y)

A big thanks to Lenny for showing me around my van. I now know quite a few things that I didn't know before. Also, thanks for the prezzies left under my step. 🍻

Big thanks to Martin and Jen for organising the event.

:thanks5:

And a great big thanks to me for attending.:getmecoat:

;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another thanks to Martin and Jen and their little helper John. Nice to get out in the van even Mijhan didn't mind doing her knitting while I played on the river.
Thanks for letting me try to sink your kayak Martin.
Shrewsbury is a lovely town.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
May I thank "WMAS" for the kind donation of their Three-way Socket, very nice of you but I already have one of these. Please let me know where you are likely to be with 'FUN' in the next few weeks and I will sell it back to you.
As a matter of interest, much to our surprise, the rest of Wednesday has been mostly sunny with just a very few drops of rain all day. Alan

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
May I thank "WMAS" for the kind donation of their Three-way Socket, very nice of you but I already have one of these. Please let me know where you are likely to be with 'FUN' in the next few weeks and I will sell it back to you.
As a matter of interest, much to our surprise, the rest of Wednesday has been mostly sunny with just a very few drops of rain all day. Alan
Hi Alan

That belongs to the Showground 👍 if you could I am sure they will appreciate it back.

EDIT oops you are still on the field so outside our van will be good😏

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
An enjoyable few days away…… the only disappointment being the weather! 🌧️💦☔

This was our first time in Shrewsbury and the pleasant town centre. My mistake was letting SWMBO out to the shops with a Credit Card! 💲💲💲

Good to meet other Funsters and put a face to their Forum Names.

Thank you Martin and Jen for organising this event. (y)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Martin and Jen. Have had a very relaxing time. Now on at THS at Prestayn after visiting family in Llundudno. Until the next time.

Sonja

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks to everybody who came to our Shrewsbury "Messing about on the river" rally, we are are really pleased that everybody seems to have enjoyed themselves and we did indeed "Mess about on the river" so thanks to those people who brought their own water craft and shared.

Of course a rally needs an organiser and your lovely comments are great but more important than the organisers are the people that attend as ultimately it is you that make the event what it is so thanks (y).

Of course I can't finish this without also pointing out the obvious "a rally needs a venue" and in that we are blessed to have Shrewsbury on the doorstep, a number of people have commented that they will come back and explore more so I thought I would just clarify the access situation on the showground, they have a number of pitches that can be booked on an individual basis through "Pitch Up" you can not book individually by contacting Jan in the Office, But if you want to come as a group of minimum 5 vans you can contact Jan mentioning Motorhome Fun and have your own "mini rally".

Alternatively there is Coton Hill Farm, a 5 van CL site about the same distance from the town.

See you all in a field sometime(y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks Martin & Jen for organising this lovely meet , it's been a very relaxing time for us . a big thankyou to Marshals John & Janine .

We are so lucky to have such a lovely venue on our door step. Thanks to those who brought donations of bric a brac, Jan asked me to say it was very much appreciated and asked me to say Thankyou .
Kate

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Arrived back home at teatime today from Shrewsbury. A big thank you to the organisers Martin & Jen and the marshals for all their hard work.
As others have said Shrewsbury is a lovely venue and it won’t be long before we return, just hope the fish :reel:play ball next time.:Smile:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
While we were away, this arrived.

Give yourselves a clap.