Public perception (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
A major concern of ours is that for over 45 years we have been to Scotlands highlands, islands and west coast in campers and motorhomes more or less yearly and sometimes several times (except for last year). We been welcomed and accepted everywhere we have gone but how can we communicate to the locals that we are long time regulars, know the systems, infrastructure, roads etc and not part of the new fraternity causing all the problems which we could see beginning to happen when we went in 2019 and ended up cutting most of the beautiful west coast out. We could see the locals are exasperated by the increased disruption to their lives and feel very sorry for them.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Apparently the photo of the woman defecating has been passed to the police.
thats just shit stirring :roflmto:

Problem with things like this story is that you build it up, to be this enormous world ending thing, then when you cant prove it with good evidence it becomes the boy who cried wolf (woman in this case), and then even worse chinese whispers. "My mate said that Motorhomer did a shit on beach while chopping up a live animal and drinking Kestrel super strength...bet they drove home too" .

Im now questioning the woman shitting on the beach, and even so who says it wasnt a medical emergency.

We will just carry on doing what we do , with care and keep our heads high, let everyone else fall about screaming

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
A major concern of ours is that for over 45 years we have been to Scotlands highlands, islands and west coast in campers and motorhomes more or less yearly and sometimes several times (except for last year). We been welcomed and accepted everywhere we have gone but how can we communicate to the locals that we are long time regulars, know the systems, infrastructure, roads etc and not part of the new fraternity causing all the problems which we could see beginning to happen when we went in 2019 and ended up cutting most of the beautiful west coast out. We could see the locals are exasperated by the increased disruption to their lives and feel very sorry for them.
We are the same but only thirty years. The first time we visited the Western Isles was the first time we wild parked. We parked up next to a track on the machair, setting up the bbq by the van. A crafter drove along the track, coming back a little while later. He stopped and we were expecting to be told to move. No. He said how good it smelt and pointed out his house should we need water. He obviously loved his area and wanted us to as well. Unfortunately, I can’t see that happening now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000

Problem with things like this story is that you build it up, to be this enormous world ending thing, then when you cant prove it with good evidence it becomes the boy who cried wolf (woman in this case), and then even worse chinese whispers. "My mate said that Motorhomer did a shit on beach while chopping up a live animal and drinking Kestrel super strength...bet they drove home too" .

Im now questioning the woman shitting on the beach, and even so who says it wasnt a medical emergency.

We will just carry on doing what we do , with care and keep our heads high, let everyone else fall about screaming
As I said in an earlier post, this women’s photos have been appearing on my FB for a week or so. She has been all over the Outer Hebrides posting pics of beautiful places. Does she not realise that if she and others do that, those who are not lucky enough to live somewhere so nice are going to want to visit?

And her vehicle looks like a people carrier, so not a little car.

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
I have to say this don't look that bad.
Have to say I thought the same

I was expecting something more like this ::bigsmile:

1622563597552.png

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
View attachment 502451These are the photos posted on the FB page. One appears to have been taken through the artist’s car window. If the parking upset her so much, why didn’t she do what she is telling others to do - drive on?
Silly cow shouldn't be driving and taking photo's

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is it even possible to cook something on those things, when Ive tried, its either too hot because the food is too close to the coal and it burns everything, so you let it die down a bit, then when it's ready to cook you've got about ten minutes left before it's out :D
Think thats why ive not used it .

I prefer just to light a fire then once its died down a bit cook on that

That said i will dig a pit in sand or skim a patch of grass off first....have my fire then cover it back over so no trace left 😁
20201224_200702.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

To be perfectly honest id be surprised at anyone squatting in full view doing the toilet on a beach.

BUT

I can't say id have a problem with someone doing a poo in the dunes if
They either burried it afterwards OR bagged and binned it .
Its the toilet paper and wipes left lying at their arse that i get annoyed at ...

Poo is a natural product and will break down fairly quickly .....but bury it sono one stands on it ....or dog rolls in it like mine have done before

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
To be perfectly honest id be surprised at anyone squatting in full view doing the toilet on a beach.

BUT

I can't say id have a problem with someone doing a poo in the dunes if
They either burried it afterwards OR bagged and binned it .
Its the toilet paper and wipes left lying at their arse that i get annoyed at ...

Poo is a natural product and will break down fairly quickly .....but bury it sono one stands on it ....or dog rolls in it like mine have done before
I think some of us here bury in the woods. And yeah dirty *****s leaving S****y paper etc around

to get back to the original point yes its the "perception" of us we are talking about, but I think the "artist" is taking "artistic licence"a bit far when she is describing these terrible acts.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think some of us here bury in the woods. And yeah dirty *****s leaving S****y paper etc around

to get back to the original point yes its the "perception" of us we are talking about, but I think the "artist" is taking "artistic licence"a bit far when she is describing these terrible acts.
Theres a facebook group created just for these people to post pics like this....im sure most of it is just to dissuade visitors.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well I have a confession to make. Me Siân and Katie have just been down to the beach with Jazz. I was in the water with jazz and a foam beach ball and before we came out I did take an emergency pee that I knew wouldn't make it all the way home. I hope the beach doesn't lose the Blue flag status. :blush:

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Yes thats how i drink my coffee and butter my toast on the motorway 😁

Just kidding before ww3 starts 🤣
Yeah sure, I reckon you are a flora man.

My son in my passenger seat on USA filmed a woman once , actually after applying eye make up, then lifted up a bowl of breakfast cereal and ate it whiles driving over about a 4 mile stretch of the I4.

Madness or topp skills...Im not sure which ::bigsmile:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
So mainly cars then - which have no toilet facilities

View attachment 502451These are the photos posted on the FB page. One appears to have been taken through the artist’s car window. If the parking upset her so much, why didn’t she do what she is telling others to do - drive on?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Motorhomers are not shitting in public on the beach when they have a perfectly good toilet in their motorhome.
Speak for yourself mate!:eek:;)
There are tents everywhere and our neighbour bumped into a female on the beach at the weekend and totally unashamedly she said, Oh I’m just off down the beach to have a poo
If she’d have said that to me I would have followed her until she shat herself!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yeah sure, I reckon you are a flora man.

My son in my passenger seat on USA filmed a woman once , actually after applying eye make up, then lifted up a bowl of breakfast cereal and ate it whiles driving over about a 4 mile stretch of the I4.

Madness or topp skills...Im not sure which ::bigsmile:
I have to confess i have eaten cereal while driving. The joy of cruise control

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I'm not in the slightest annoyed I just disagree with you about us having to educate people in such basic things, if those people are the type who might think it's OK to crap on the beach, nothing you or I say to them will make a blind bit of difference, as for highjacking threads, yes maybe it's their fault for not taking the time to tell them.

BTW, grey water is harmless, thousands of litres a year are dumped in my hedges, just makes for bigger blackberries and juicier plums :D
I can vouch for Jim ’s juicy plums! :giggle: They’re potent as well when mixed with the gin. Now there’s a new forum name, Potent Plums:eek:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Problem with things like this story is that you build it up, to be this enormous world ending thing, then when you cant prove it with good evidence it becomes the boy who cried wolf (woman in this case), and then even worse chinese whispers.
Nothing worse than chinese whispers when trying to take a dump on the beach, very off putting, maybe they were just talking about the wun tun and prawn balls! :unsure:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Let’s be honest and grown up though, when you’re miles away from anywhere and there’s no toilets because the Council have shut them all due to either the cost or the perverts, when you need to take a dump, you gotta go, hopefully ‘sympathetically and responsibly’ to your surroundings, not everyone has the ability to hold it in indefinitely. I am of course aware that there are some people who are so full of sh*t that this doesn’t seem to present a problem to them! :giggle:

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
How About something like below as a first pass of the 10 motorhome commandments
(Laminated card for the window with QR code, with MotorhomeFun logo)

This is a Motorhome, not a campervan.
It is equipped with it's own toilet and shower and is driven by a responsible owners:

1 We take only pictures and leave only tracks
2 We do not leave any rubbish other than in designated places
3 We do not dump waste other than in designated places
4 We do not light fires or have disposable BBQ's

What are the other pet hates for which we could get blamed ?
Parking ? Awnings ? Move on after one night ?
Leave only footprints

Oldchappers

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Let’s be honest and grown up though, when you’re miles away from anywhere and there’s no toilets because the Council have shut them all due to either the cost or the perverts, when you need to take a dump, you gotta go, hopefully ‘sympathetically and responsibly’ to your surroundings, not everyone has the ability to hold it in indefinitely. I am of course aware that there are some people who are so full of sh*t that this doesn’t seem to present a problem to them!
We could set up a Responsible Motorhomer page that explains we are self sufficient, can go a minium of three or four days says without emptying tanks, we take out litter home etc. Then have a corresponding Responsible Sticker on the van with maybe a QR code to scan that takes you to the page.
Do "they" 'we" and you have evidence of this of course.
Never have and never will. Nothing short of an embarrassment. Gives the rest of us a bad name. Sticker is a superb idea.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
A year or two ago on a Cc site, my son went into the toilet block(he’s an adult) to find some one had shat in the shower! Showers and toilets were adjacent to each other. Beggars belief. The toilet blocks were only accessible by those on site via key given at start of a stay. Makes my blood boil.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A year or two ago on a Cc site, my son went into the toilet block(he’s an adult) to find some one had shat in the shower! Showers and toilets were adjacent to each other. Beggars belief. The toilet blocks were only accessible by those on site via key given at start of a stay. Makes my blood boil.

That was an almost regular occurrence at a Swansea campsite. The shower trays were full of hair, shit or fag ends 😲

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Let’s be honest and grown up though, when you’re miles away from anywhere and there’s no toilets because the Council have shut them all due to either the cost or the perverts, when you need to take a dump, you gotta go, hopefully ‘sympathetically and responsibly’ to your surroundings, not everyone has the ability to hold it in indefinitely. I am of course aware that there are some people who are so full of sh*t that this doesn’t seem to present a problem to them! :giggle:
I have been waiting for a chance to say that but thought I would be crucified, ;) , yeah I have sh.. outside many times, what else do you do when working miles from anywhere, anyone worked down a mine years ago?:Eeek::giggle:
By the photos this whole thread has been little short of windup.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back