Lost my moho mojo.... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I started to loose my moho mojo some years ago, Sorry folks but it will never return to the same level of enjoyment as before. I managed to extend my mojo by down sizing to pop tops for a while. Loved my pop tops but in a different way to the caravans and motorhomes that preceded them.
Now I still use the van but just for weekends with the occasional week away.

We now love the convenience of hopping on a big bird and finding a snug hotel to be waited on with a hire car to get out and about watching motorhoms attempting to find a free place to stay.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I shared this experience with my friends on the good morning thread recently, it raised a few laughs and is part of my holiday....

In preparation for my hollibobs, which I hope is going to be filled with baking hot sunny days spent at the beach on the Ile de Rey :whistle:
I decided as I'd left it too late to loose weight a camouflage in the form of a spray tan was in order.

It's years since I had one but I was hopeful that spray tan technology had moved on and I wasn't going to smell like a stale biscuit for 2 weeks, with patchy orange tinged skin.

Step forward to the beauty salon and I'm met by Bethan the very young girl who's going to be making me gorgeous.
Everything about Bethan is pert....she's got a little pert nose, a tiny pert bum and pert boobs showing through her bra less top :unsure: I'm immediately doubtful that this is my best ideal and feel huge in comparison, there's probably 30 years and at least 30 lbs between us!

She hands me a robe and 2 tiny packages, one is a hairband, the other is a minute black paper g string :eek: I'm instructed to strip off and put them on, she will be back in a minute.

Standing naked in what essentially is a cupboard I struggle to balance and get the g string on...it only fits on 1 leg WTF!
I start to get really flustered as I'm aware she could come back in at any moment, I try the other leg but no, it's definitely not getting higher than my thigh and actually as I'm hopping about I see it's only got one hole...I mutter some rude words under my breath as I realise I'm trying to use the hairband as pants!
I remove the hairband from my leg, quickly slap it on my head where it belongs and unwrap the g string.
Luckily this has 2 holes for legs and a very small bit that's supposed to protect my modesty. More importantly it's very very stretchy and fits. Thanking the good lord I step onto 2 sticky pads the lovely Bethan has left to protect the soles of my feet from the spray, it's like standing on a mouse mat :eek: and of course one foot isn't on properly so poor old Beth gets a right eye full when she chooses that moment to come in, just as I'm bending over trying to unstick my dodgy foot.

Trying to break the ice I proclaim,
"underneath this untoned, cellulite flabby body beats the heart of an Olympian ha ha "

"Oh" says Beth in her little pert welsh accent
" were you in the Olympics?"

"Errrr no I was just trying to be funny"

"Ahh, You don't particularly have a sporty body" she says as she bends down to fiddle with the spraying machine. :confused:

I'm standing naked in a lopsided hair band, wearing paper string and a brave smile, I think she misses my eye rolling. :rolleyes:
This is definitely not my finest hour, 4 kids and numerous hospital appointments haven't prepared me for the insecurity I feel as she eyes me up and down before she starts the spraying and I feel like the Forth bridge as cold compressed air and brown creosote like spray fills the air as she wafts the spray gun in my direction.

I'm told to assume strange contorted positions, thankfully conversation isn't possible over the noise of the machine, only Bethan's demands..

"Place your arms under your boobs and lift".... that's it my humiliation is complete... When was the last time my boobs remained upright on their own? Possibly around 1996?!
I'm tempted to grab hold of my nipples and yank upwards instead but I feel the gesture would be lost on Bethan and also slightly painful.

Finally it's over, the ritual is complete, I'm damp and sticky, smelling of stale biscuits and a rather alarmingly coffee colour:eek:

I'm not allowed to put my underwear on and I was feeling smug that I'd come prepared and worn dark baggy clothes but I'm feeling less smug now as I walk through town bra less in a t shirt!

I arrive home to be met by howls of laughter from my sons who kindly call me an umpalumpa. My skin is definitely getting darker too, as I strip off to get in the shower I catch a sight of myself in the mirror....

Bubbles Devere from little Britain stares back at me...

"Champagne anyone?"

You, my love, deserve champagne and a tiaras for that post. I salute your courage. :clap2::hi5::wine::rofl:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Phil, great news that you will be there! We cross today 5.30pm hoping to have oysters at le Crotoy tonight. How long will it take us to drive down? 2 days? So Saturday arrival?
We may have to go via a Battery shop cos I think we have issues :eek:

Two days should do it but a stop for a battery/check (or two) may extend your journey by an unknown degree.

I'm currently at Angouleme for the classic car racing. Will probably see you Monday afternoon(ish).(y)

ps - GOOD move getting the cresote spray. Sunshine has been a very conspicuous NON (said in a French accent) around here lately:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Don't worry Phil, we'll bring the sunshine with us. See you then x

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
glad things are bucking up Dawn, I guess you are over the channel now, that really should be enough :)(y)

wish we had time (and energy left) to get down that far and join you

might be looking for other returners weekend of 23rd / 24th around Calais while we recover from excess mileage (y)

have a great time xx

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Have a great time Dawn. I'm sure that, providing you get the required sunshine, you will find your mojo again.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Losing the Mo jo as well. Could be it's because still unsettled after my house move a year ago or our longer trips are always to Devon for family reasons. Must admit to liking short trips nearer to home.
Also toying with the idea of going back to tugging with an Eriba.
Love those Eribas and saw one on Castleton site with an awning and the couple sat in that and cooked in it ! Had a smallish car so useful.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a lovely holiday and don't worry about keeping us up to date indulge yourself and relax!
Although I do hope you have the kitty body boards!!
Happy and safe travels . Bon voyage:france:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are shortly orf on a cruise to whats left of the Caribbean. Its a long one as I avoid flying as much as I can. I dislike planes and absolutely hate airports. We sail from Southampton and return to Southampton. As a result we will not be away in the MH till late Nov/early Dec and then only a short trip, New Forest and Winchester Xmas market. In mid December a trip to Cheshire, but staying in a hotel Aaaaargh.
If left to me I would probably be away somewhere sunny in the MH but have to consider SWMBOs preferences.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Not knowing you @Mousy I wonder if some of your mojo-less-ness is something to do with you seem to be returning to old haunts, rather than exploring new & fresh destinations...
There's nothing wrong, of course, revisiting places you know & enjoy... and its easier. The finding of the unknown untried & untested can be very hard work & tiring. Especially if it doesn't go quite right.
From what I've read here, you've had a hard few months so perhaps its no surprise you have little energy left for adventuring.
Fingers crossed as you leave Britain behind, find some sunshine, meet up with your partners in crime, your mojo will find you.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not knowing you @Mousy I wonder if some of your mojo-less-ness is something to do with you seem to be returning to old haunts, rather than exploring new & fresh destinations...
There's nothing wrong, of course, revisiting places you know & enjoy... and its easier. The finding of the unknown untried & untested can be very hard work & tiring. Especially if it doesn't go quite right.
From what I've read here, you've had a hard few months so perhaps its no surprise you have little energy left for adventuring.
Fingers crossed as you leave Britain behind, find some sunshine, meet up with your partners in crime, your mojo will find you.
Dawn @Mousy - reading the above post from Langtoflad - i think he talks a lot of sense - we've been thinking of abandoning the Ile de Rey and winging it down to Perpignan for some guaranteed sun - what d'ya Think?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Make sure you bring your fleece's it was cold by the bar tonight, unless you have enough :beerchug: not to feel it....:D

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
What is motorhoming for us? It’s about freedom, real freedom, going where we want when we want, being surrounded by our own things, not continually emptying suitcases, filling suitcases, sleeping in beds that are too soft or too hard.

No hanging around at airports for hours on end, then crammed into a plane with hundreds of others. Waiting for what seems like ages to collect our luggage when it finally arrives on the carousel and then having to stand in a queue to hire a car to get us to a hotel.

Motorhoming is about the pace we do things at. It’s about control. It’s about seeing places we would not normally see.

It’s about escaping. If we arrive at a place and decide it’s not what we expected, then we can move on to somewhere better. Or if there is a change in the weather then we can drive to somewhere where there is sunshine. We are not committed to spending a week or a fortnight in a place that we don’t want to be.

We have our own personal lounge, dining room, bedroom, kitchen and even loo that we can transport to wherever we want to go.

Our 'van is our cottage in the country and our beach hut when on the coast. It's a seat by the window in a restaurant with the best view possible. It’s a comfortable home from home.

What’s not to like?

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
What is motorhoming for us? It’s about freedom, real freedom, going where we want when we want, being surrounded by our own things, not continually emptying suitcases, filling suitcases, sleeping in beds that are too soft or too hard.

No hanging around at airports for hours on end, then crammed into a plane with hundreds of others. Waiting for what seems like ages to collect our luggage when it finally arrives on the carousel and then having to stand in a queue to hire a car to get us to a hotel.

Motorhoming is about the pace we do things at. It’s about control. It’s about seeing places we would not normally see.

It’s about escaping. If we arrive at a place and decide it’s not what we expected, then we can move on to somewhere better. Or if there is a change in the weather then we can drive to somewhere where there is sunshine. We are not committed to spending a week or a fortnight in a place that we don’t want to be.

We have our own personal lounge, dining room, bedroom, kitchen and even loo that we can transport to wherever we want to go.

Our 'van is our cottage in the country and our beach hut when on the coast. It's a seat by the window in a restaurant with the best view possible. It’s a comfortable home from home.

What’s not to like?

good post,(y) sums up what we all think, but said better....:)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Dawn @Mousy - reading the above post from Langtoflad - i think he talks a lot of sense - we've been thinking of abandoning the Ile de Rey and winging it down to Perpignan for some guaranteed sun - what d'ya Think?

Oui, yes!!

Although I fear by the time we get there this tan will have worn off...

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

whats the weather like this time of year along the bottom coast

• Sep 20
    24° /13°C
    Sunny and pleasant
  • Thu
    Sep 21
    23° /15°
    Sunny More
  • Fri
    Sep 22
    23° /15°
    Partly sunny More
  • Sat
    Sep 23
    23° /15°
    Intervals of clouds and sun More
  • Sun
    Sep 24
    23° /17°
    Turning cloudy More

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My two have an Equafleece but we went for colour coded. They don't mind wearing them at all....and as you say, it keeps them clean. ..... She's gorgeous. And stylish!
I used one of them on Susie our Yorkie when she was alive. She wasn't impressed either but it kept her warm and dry.
We didn't go far when she reached the end of her life , especially abroad as I didn't fancy trying to speak French about all he medication if she needed any.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
So sad to read that moho mojos have been lost. I can't imagine how I would feel if that happened to me. The thought of moving back into bricks and mortar and leaving my life on the road would fill me with despair.

I have no answers or advice other than the excellent advice already offered on this thread but I do remember, many years ago, meeting a FUN member (The lovely and wise Presto) in Morocco and asking him how would would our life in the road come to and end and he said that one of us would wake up one morning and think that maybe we'd had enough. It's never happened to me but it did happen to my husband. It's possible that maybe your time on the road is over and sometimes it does more harm than good to flog the dead horse.

If on the other hand you've just got yourselves in a bit of a rut then I'm with JJ. Give yourselves a good kick up the bums and remind yourselves of all the wonderful things that happen when you're out in your vans. Whatever happens I send all you moho mojo deficients all my love.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Another thing that might help, Dawn, or it may not ... is that I find that a lot of the rallies are too organised and too large..... when I go to a small meet where I can do my own thing, with like-minded friends, I suddenly find I get a good feeling again... I havn't got to this age to be told what to do I guess and so the freedom aspect kicks in.. with company where we are allowed to be ourselves.

Going off into the wilds today so will hopefully feel that lovely sense of freedom as I drive off into the ...... rain. :)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Morning all from sunny France..

We are in le touquet where we spent the night on the plage aire. Very dark and quiet with just the low rumble of the sea in the background.

Travel over was good except for an hours delay in the queue for the tunnel, which meant I couldn't pop in and do any last minute duty free shopping....if I didn't know better I might think Martin had joined the lane on purpose...

We arrived with moho issues, the fridge wasn't working on gas at least we thought so as the little light was orange not green. So we've come away empty of supplies :eek:
We made do with warm Tonic water and no ice in our G & Ts :cry: it was awful.
This morning we woke up to an empty but frozen fridge and freezer :rolleyes: and now we can't remember if the little light is always orange so we might have imagined that fault .

Our other problem was our batteries, they didn't charge when on hook up at home so we anticipate them being bol£&@ks (that's the technical term). They are charging from travel though so it could also be our usual issue of "user error".

The weather is gorgeous, blue skies and sunshine which is kind of a waste on what will be a travelling day down south day.
First stop must be a supermache for cheese, bread olives and ice.

Mojo slightly restored :D

Have a great Friday everyone.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Sometimes it takes you a day to two to get back in the groove.

I'm due to leave here in just under two weeks already I think I don't want to go, that I want to stay here (in the wind rain and snow) that I don't want to leave my pals, that I can't be assed driving on all those big roads.... but I know now (because I write it down to remind me) that I was exactly the same last year and the year before. I know now that a couple of days after I leave here it will be as if none of it matters - and it doesn't - not really - for all that matters is right now but our brains love to give us these dramas to deal with. It's only because our brains want to keep up safe (and small) and don't want is to take risks that might put us in danger but really, taking risks is what makes us grown stronger.

That's a lot of armchair psychology and it's not even lunch time yet. Have fun! And you will.

In a couple of days time. :)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015

I'm due to leave here in just under two weeks already I think I don't want to go, that I want to stay here (in the wind rain and snow) that I don't want to leave my pals, that I can't be assed driving on all those big roads.... but I know now (because I write it down to remind me) that I was exactly the same last year and the year before. I know now that a couple of days after I leave here it will be as if none of it matters - and it doesn't - not really - for all that matters is right now but our brains love to give us these dramas to deal with. It's only because our brains want to keep up safe (and small) and don't want is to take risks that might put us in danger but really, taking risks is what makes us grown stronger.

That's a lot of armchair psychology and it's not even lunch time yet. Have fun! And you will.

Ha! That is EXACTLY what mybrain does......then when it's time to head or home I'm like.....'No, I'm not ready to go home!' Damn brains!!! ;)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Morning all from sunny France..

We are in le touquet where we spent the night on the plage aire. Very dark and quiet with just the low rumble of the sea in the background.

Travel over was good except for an hours delay in the queue for the tunnel, which meant I couldn't pop in and do any last minute duty free shopping....if I didn't know better I might think Martin had joined the lane on purpose...

We arrived with moho issues, the fridge wasn't working on gas at least we thought so as the little light was orange not green. So we've come away empty of supplies :eek:
We made do with warm Tonic water and no ice in our G & Ts :cry: it was awful.
This morning we woke up to an empty but frozen fridge and freezer :rolleyes: and now we can't remember if the little light is always orange so we might have imagined that fault .

Our other problem was our batteries, they didn't charge when on hook up at home so we anticipate them being bol£&@ks (that's the technical term). They are charging from travel though so it could also be our usual issue of "user error".

The weather is gorgeous, blue skies and sunshine which is kind of a waste on what will be a travelling day down south day.
First stop must be a supermache for cheese, bread olives and ice.

Mojo slightly restored :D

Have a great Friday everyone.

I thought our fridge was broken due to an orange light. 5 days into the trip it turns out it's always an orange light on gas!! Doh! :doh:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning

SPOT ON!!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Best way to get your Moho mojo back is to go to an airport (not with the van)............bloody awful places that you don't need to go to with our friend the Moho..:D:D:D

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Lost my moho mojo too

Got treated really poorly at a rally and it seems it was the last straw for HWMBO

It's cleaned out (Moho)and is for sale next week

Been using hotels and enjoying it
Been on a cruise

It's nice having a car

Might buy a small camper or a caravan for when camping is the best option

Sad but true

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Another thing that might help, Dawn, or it may not ... is that I find that a lot of the rallies are too organised and too large..... when I go to a small meet where I can do my own thing, with like-minded friends, I suddenly find I get a good feeling again... I havn't got to this age to be told what to do I guess and so the freedom aspect kicks in.. with company where we are allowed to be ourselves.

Going off into the wilds today so will hopefully feel that lovely sense of freedom as I drive off into the ...... rain. :)
Just chatting to a good friend of ours, he left Luton at 7am today got to his all inclusive hotel in Tenerife at 1130 and was laying on a sunbed with a vodka by mid day.:cool: He has a girl friend joining him tomorrow then two more girlfriends joining them at the hotel on Sunday for another ten days.
Now that is my kind of holiday.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back