Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Please could someone tell me where Sant Mati is as we are hoping to visit cataluna very soon and I cannot find this place on the map.
Any suggestion for campsite there
Thank you

It's between L'Escala and Sant Pere Pescador.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
IMG_0118.PNG

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There are some lovely places in that area of Spain. I particularly like Tamarui, Aigua Blava and Sa Riera.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not really @pelican - the biggest one, Las Dunas is closed. Can't really help as this was our first trip there so don't know of any other sites - do you know of any @Chris ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not really @pelican - the biggest one, Las Dunas is closed. Can't really help as this was our first trip there so don't know of any other sites - do you know of any @Chris ?

There is La Ballena something on the same road which is open until 4th November but @JockandRita were not impressed and the pitches looked a bit soggy.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Where are you now @JackieP

I know you do not post too often but I really enjoying reading them and I wonder where you are now.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
We made it to Camping Aquarius on Rhine turned out there were plenty of pitches available when I phoned the second time.
Feel like the poor relations with all these huge coaches.
Think we will have a change of scenery and will move on Monday.
Thanks for the heads up on this site.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Weather still very good so staying longer then Sarlat in Dordogne.
Has any suggestion for good site there I see there is one 10 mins from town centre , Has any one been to that site if so info appreciated

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you mean hutopia We were there a few days ago, nice site but steep in places,(could be a issue for bigger vans )ten minute stroll to town but a bit of a trudge back up to campsite.loved the old part of town.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Thank you for reply
We Stayed at Hutopia for four nights as decided to visit local castles as well as the town.
Fascinating town.
Good campsite and facilties inc indoor heated pool.
As said most pitches are on terraces with quite steep approaches.
We moved on to Honfleur and spent our first night on an Aire was very surprised to see so many campervans (60+) there

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Tow car extremes
The first van was in Spain with a German registration second was French
certainly made us feel the poor relation.
A very unusual sight which we saw but did not have a camera handy
was a lorry with at least 5 VW type 2 campervan on heading south, My past experience of the reliability of these vehicles made me wonder if this was the safest method of arriving at your destination,
didn't notice if people were on board though.

Attachments

• 20171011_175101.jpg
    20171011_175101.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20171020_081752.jpg
    20171020_081752.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 55
Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Thank you for reply
We Stayed at Hutopia for four nights as decided to visit local castles as well as the town.
Fascinating town.
Good campsite and facilties inc indoor heated pool.
As said most pitches are on terraces with quite steep approaches.
We moved on to Honfleur and spent our first night on an Aire was very surprised to see so many campervans (60+) there
Did the walnuts keep you awake???

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Stayed on Hutopia at the end of Setember and were kept awake by what we thought was some sort of bird scarer as loud as a shotgun going off followed by quieter bangs.Thought it could be something to protect the flocks of ducks they produce in the area. Spent the night wondering how it worked to make irregular noises and if only I could turn it off, it was so loud. I imagined ball bearings falling out of some sort of wheel on to metal.
In the morning when I spoke to our neighbour realised it was 'Walnuts' falling on to the tin roofs of the holiday chalets, didn't seem to matter so much being a natural product.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
No but wife did, Now I can tell her what it was she thought is was a gun.
I did pick up several walnuts though.
Re steep hill from town we ate in town and asked the waiter in the restaurant if he could call a taxi, The proprietor came over and explained that it was impossible to get one. Told him I was very surprised and he then surprised me by getting one of his waiters to take us back to campsite! Good man

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Has your moho mojo come back Mousy?

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Has your moho mojo come back Mousy?
Hi yes it has! Martin retired at 57, 5 years ago and we’ve been travelling loads ever since. I’ve posted about some of our trips. Not sure how to highlight them but possibly search my user name?

Stand out Moho ones have been spending 3 months each in Greece, Croatia, Portugal and 2 winters in Spain.
long haul without the Moho, pre covid at 3 months each, New Zealand, Mexico, Vietnam and India.

planning on spending 6 months exploring Greece and Turkey from September this year. Thanks for asking, how’s your mojo?

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi yes it has! Martin retired at 57, 5 years ago and we’ve been travelling loads ever since. I’ve posted about some of our trips. Not sure how to highlight them but possibly search my user name?

Stand out Moho ones have been spending 3 months each in Greece, Croatia, Portugal and 2 winters in Spain.
long haul without the Moho, pre covid at 3 months each, New Zealand, Mexico, Vietnam and India.

planning on spending 6 months exploring Greece and Turkey from September this year. Thanks for asking, how’s your mojo?
Judith Charmers !

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

And a very quick trip to Morocco :(

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
I've read a few of these threads recently and it made me sad as we have just started our adventure and have so much enthusiasm for it, I yearn for the weekends to chuck the dog in and get gone.
I imagine one day we will be in the same position and so it's nice to see that someone at least has rekindled the enthusiasm and found other ways to enjoy the adventure.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Thanks Mousy.I am trying to re-boot my mojo by looking at trips to various places. Jealous of your greece visit as I would love to see some of the historic sites, particularly Mycenae and Perachora (near Corinth. We may have to do it on a package as my partner thinks it's too far to drive our 2009 PVC. We are mid 70s - that makes a fair bit of a difference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back