LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just chatting to a good friend of ours, he left Luton at 7am today got to his all inclusive hotel in Tenerife at 1130 and was laying on a sunbed with a vodka by mid day.:cool: He has a girl friend joining him tomorrow then two more girlfriends joining them at the hotel on Sunday for another ten days.
Now that is my kind of holiday.(y)

why do you like vodka

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Lost my moho mojo too

Got treated really poorly at a rally and it seems it was the last straw for HWMBO

It's cleaned out (Moho)and is for sale next week

Been using hotels and enjoying it
Been on a cruise

It's nice having a car

Might buy a small camper or a caravan for when camping is the best option

Sad but true
That sounds a really sad reason Bubble, so sorry you were treated badly. But it sounds like you're really enjoying the change: hope the good times continue for you both.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Just chatting to a good friend of ours, he left Luton at 7am today got to his all inclusive hotel in Tenerife at 1130 and was laying on a sunbed with a vodka by mid day.:cool: He has a girl friend joining him tomorrow then two more girlfriends joining them at the hotel on Sunday for another ten days.

If I had 3 girlfriends joining me on holiday then it might be my kind of holiday too!! :D2:cautious:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015

Blimey.....me thinks he will be in need of a holiday after all that!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awww @
Lost my moho mojo too

Got treated really poorly at a rally and it seems it was the last straw for HWMBO

It's cleaned out (Moho)and is for sale next week

Been using hotels and enjoying it
Been on a cruise

It's nice having a car

Might buy a small camper or a caravan for when camping is the best option

Sad but true
Awww @bubble63. Here's a big hug. Not everyone is nice in the world. If ever you are at a rally again and I'm there .. come and have a cuppa with me and my friends. We'll make you welcome.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nah he has loads of girl friends, he is a likeable sort of bloke. Not gay either and great company especially after a couple of vodka's:)
Apart from on here I haven't really got any girl friends.

What do you talk about with them? It's not like you can discuss who should play openside flanker for Wales is it?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

What do you talk about with them? It's not like you can discuss who should play openside flanker for Wales is it?
It's a tough call Chris, girly talk or rugby. :)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
On our travels at the moment to visit FIL. OH said the anticipation of trip better than reality. My little dog hating the travelling which unsettles me. We only get through it by drinking every night lol.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
That sounds a really sad reason Bubble, so sorry you were treated badly. But it sounds like you're really enjoying the change: hope the good times continue for you both.

Awww @

Awww @bubble63. Here's a big hug. Not everyone is nice in the world. If ever you are at a rally again and I'm there .. come and have a cuppa with me and my friends. We'll make you welcome.

It was an isolated incident, the vast majority of outings with fun have been fab

You would have to go a long way to finds better crowd, so we'll hang around in the forum

I think we are ready for a change.

Haven't sold it yet so who knows what next season my hold

Thanks for the kind words

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry to hear that Bubble63, good luck with your sale or not if fate intervenes.

Thanks for all the mojo advice I'm on my phone so can't do multi quotes but you are all spot on I think my mojo loss is purely from lack of use, a busy summer with family stuff prevented much travel.
If you've got a hobby associated with the moho that must help too...
I've suggested to Martin that he might want to take up dog agility with Mille if he retires next year...he replied "agility before senility?!"

IMG_2294.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Chris ... you wouldn't need to do any talking young man.. .....:sneaky::lips::lips: :blush:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Martin was away with work so I prepared the moho for its hols without him...taking our kids with us in a small way this time..
IMG_2389.JPG

A slightly incongruous sight on a French Road..
IMG_2395.JPG

We found a supermarket to stock up in, as always the range and display never disappoints..don't fancy trying to bbq these though..
IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

Perfect for a mushroom risotto.
But just how many flavours of jam does one need?!

IMG_2410.JPG

Martins school boy humour, this large sausage really amused him, I was less thrilled to have it constantly poked in my back as I wheeled the trolley around.
IMG_2404.JPG

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We saw some spots of rain last night, the first I've seen in several weeks. Hope you all find the sun because it really does make a difference, I think it is exactly what a reduced mojo requires.

Hot again now here in Calpe.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We saw some spots of rain last night, the first I've seen in several weeks. Hope you all find the sun because it really does make a difference, I think it is exactly what a reduced mojo requires.

Hot again now here in Calpe.

...and I'm stuck in a layby that has started flooding with the torrential rain... :( ... I may be able to float away on my journey if this continues.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
...and I'm stuck in a layby that has started flooding with the torrential rain... :( ... I may be able to float away on my journey if this continues.
Take a leaf out of Jane McDonald's book, she floated away last night on a cruise down the Garonne from Lyon to the Med coast. She appears to have a fantastic time with only herself to worry about. ;):cool:
CruisingWithJaneMcDonald_Se2_Generic_01.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
After waking up in Le Touquet to blue skies and weak sunshine we had been lulled into a false sense of security, the weather changed as we headed to our rendezvous with Cliff and Ger.

Seeing a sign for Versailles I got excited.. I'd really enjoyed watching the slightly raunchy TV drama series versailles so I asked Martin could we detour to check it out?
"Was that the King programme that used to get you frisky on a Sunday night?"
He asked as he swung across 2 lanes of traffic to make the exit.

Feeling buoyant that this would be one of those wonderful happy holiday coincidences where we stumble across something interesting we proceed into Versailles. I explain that it's a palace built in the middle of a huge forest famed for its corridor of mirrors and beautiful gardens, as a refuge from Paris for the sunshine king.
Of course years ago it probably was, now it's a huge suburb of Paris which we are hitting at 4.30pm on a Friday afternoon :eek: in a 7.5 meter motorhome.

My knowledge of versailles is based solely on a TV series and I'm somewhat alarmed by the reality. We press on through increasingly narrow streets chockablock with traffic and aggressive drivers.

We spot the huge coach car park in front of the palace but a lack of communication on my part and undue attention on Martins and we miss the entrance. o_O

We get snarled up in the lane for the car park which we notice at the last minute has a 2 meter height barrier. This is turning into a disaster of epic proportions...:(

The shine for Versailles is definitely wearing off and so here is my photo...this is as close as we got..
IMG_2411.JPG

Here are the wonderful world renowned gardens...

IMG_2412.JPG

I sadly mistimed this shot as Martin whizzed by shouting "let's get out of dodge" or words to that effect.

IMG_2413.JPG

So if you've visited Versailles I salute you, definitely somewhere we will return too but after I've done some research on parking and entrance costs and best time to visit, which I'm guessing isn't Friday afternoons.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Stick with it 'till is washes your ceiling.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My knowledge of versailles is based solely on a TV series and I'm somewhat alarmed by the reality..

Most of it was filmed away from Versailles.

Very well done I thought though any "plot" was wearing thin by the end. That won't stop them making a third one of course.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Oh no!

Think Hard!

When our 2nd Motorhome broke down, we had to continue by car and hotels/B&B's. Could not wait to get home and get motorhome back on the road.

After 10 years of Mohos', we bought our only ever new one. But we never really got on with it. £70k tied up in it and put us off.

So we decided to sell the MH and take the money out. We bought a private villa in Spain. Stunning views, great location, modern, the works. Loved it.

BUT!, there was something missing. I got car phobia driving in the UK (fear of being stuck in traffic with no on-board facilities). I missed my Grandchildren's fun bus, the beach bus and most of all, my rolling ski chalet.

So, thanks to a post on Motorhome***ts, I found a motorhome, went off to Spain where it had become abandoned and stranded. I, as they say in the trade "nicked it".

Bit of TLC, new bike rack, solar, an additional freezer and ducted Habitation A/C and we are back in seat.

Missed it so much.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Versailles is a wonderful visit but we did it by coach although there were MHs parked in the coach parking.

I hope you're regaining your mojo and that you have better weather than us.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We've chased the sun all the way to the med and are enjoying the luxury of a 5 star campsite called Cala Gogo just outside St Cyprien. At asci rate of €18 per night it's a bargain.
Right on the beach with a nice pool complex and good facilities.

Our pitch looks onto the dunes and we've noticed lots of single blokes hanging about and then disappearing into the scrubby pine trees.
Ger did some research and it seems we are right next to the "Gay" beach section. :eek: We are more interested in what they are all carrying in their little man bags and kept trying to get either Martin or Cliff to go in and have a look....unsurprisingly they are reluctant. ;)

Yesterday was funny, we had tried to book onto the free excursion bus to Colloure but the receptionist had been unhelpful and awkward whilst explaining in heavily accented French a stupidly complicated process of booking the next trip on the previous trips bus the day before the day after you want to goo_O obviously we hadn't done this so we were going to turn up hoping there would be some spare places.

...we had gotten there early and hopped on hoping 4 people who had booked didn't turn up. :sneaky: The bus started to fill up and we thought we'd have to do the walk of shame, the bus continued to fill completely, the driver sat down and we breathed a sign of relief...the driver stood up with a list in his hand :eek: he started calling off names and we realised we were the only English on the bus...luckily Mr and Mrs Bishop and Mr and Mrs Lombardi were absent, so we said sort of muffed "Qui" and a cough when their names were called and nobody answered.

Kept praying they didn't turn up and that the driver would just go but no we had to sit through his French safety talk! (We presume)

You'd think we were robbing a bank, we were so tense "come on come on" muttered Martin "hold your nerve, hold your nerve " said I as Cliff was busy scanning the wing mirrors for the absent passengers, Ger wringing her hands together saying "this is so embarrassing" ...finally the driver stopped gobbin off in French, closed the doors and we were off...

We uttered a muted cheer and a collective high five and enjoyed the scenery.

Colloures was beautiful and we enjoyed a few hours wandering about, somebody had told Cliff and Ger that they would loose their hearts in Colloure, not sure about that but we all nearly lost our guts with the subterfuge :D

A few hours later a different bus and driver arrive to take us all back and we've no idea how or why but as we were the last ones on we realised this bus is 2 seats short..I'd been squeezed between 2 fat French men and their hound who insisted on sniffing my crotch, Martin was put on the little seat next to the driver (sans list) and poor Cliff and Ger sat on the steps next to the loo.

It didn't matter though our mission had been accomplished....Oh and we manged to book the next trip as we sheepishly left the bus. (y)

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back