LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Other than our trip to Italy in May the moho has largely sat unused on our drive this year. Partly due to family stuff but also because I've lost my moho mojo...
Not sure why but it doesn't feel exciting anymore.

In an endeavour to retrieve said mojo we are heading off to France for 2 weeks. A few nights at twin lakes then onto the ile de rey and it's beautiful sun drenched beaches.

Surely time spent with Funsters and another trip with our greatest Funster Besties @cliffandger will restore my equilibrium....

Anybody else lost their urge to set off? And what did you do to retrieve it?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Me too, Dawn ... I just keep hoping it will return ...

When i look at the annual cost to me of keeping the mh on the road, look at the energy required ... which is fast diminishing from my body ... I can see better ways to holiday ... You can still keep in touch with moho friends ...

I keep going away in the mh in the hope that the excitement will return and that is the only advice I could give. You have lots of people who would miss you , me included .. I love your posts, should you disappear from MHF .. so maybe that is reason that you hopefully get your mojo back. Xxxx

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Maybe, before making a decision you should book a week or two away in a hotel, or self catering or some such. Maybe that will seal the issue one way or another. For us the ease of travel is the biggest pull. I love that you don't need to worry about going to the loo at any stage. That you can pull over and make a coffee. It's so relaxing and a huge pleasure. The destination s almost irrelevant. It's the journey. It's moving on. I like being a snail!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
We are relatively new to motorhome ownership, but we keep our interest on the boil by having a rotating variety of leisure / holiday pursuits, be it a simple doggy friendly Inn or Hotel or static caravan hire, cottage hire or holidays abroad & of course using the Moho as & when we choose within the U.K.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Maybe that's why I was drawn to getting a small moho (5 meters). It can be used as a moho but also as a car (with on-board facilities) for easy travelling and parking. It'll go wherever an estate car will go (height barriers permitting).

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you Joy, glad I'm not alone. As you know I've started posting on fun again so that's a start...

I know you go away in yours alot, if you count up the nights yearly spent away, what would you do instead?

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
This sort of sedition must be stamped on straight away.

Just CUT IT OUT girls...

Next thing we know you'll be posting about going on package holidays to some distant location along with a bunch of stag and hen night groups.

For goodness sake... get a grip.

JJ :cool:

OK I've listened oh great wise one..I've given myself a slap and pulled my big girl pants up...

Moho wheels are a rolling...

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
How's your little doggy @Mousy, we Had Roxy spayed this week had the op done key hole.

John.

IMG_2357.JPG

She's still gorgeous thanks John, although I think she's less than impressed with her new equafleece suit..maybe mulberry isn't her colour? It's great though as it's waterproof and keeps her clean, last winter every walk ended in a bath! :eek:

I've heard keyhole is so much better, is she still a delight?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And what did you do to retrieve it?

It's not a marriage with responsibilities, it all about FUN and nothing is more futile than trying to force FUN on yourselves.

This crops up quite regularly: "do I drive to Benidorm and live in a tin can for weeks or do I fly and live in a lovely apartment", costs are similar.

We found no hardship in a huge beds, unlimited heating and hot showers a short walk from said bed. It could catch on.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Losing the Mo jo as well. Could be it's because still unsettled after my house move a year ago or our longer trips are always to Devon for family reasons. Must admit to liking short trips nearer to home.
Also toying with the idea of going back to tugging with an Eriba.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Losing the Mo jo as well. Could be it's because still unsettled after my house move a year ago or our longer trips are always to Devon for family reasons. Must admit to liking short trips nearer to home.
Also toying with the idea of going back to tugging with an Eriba.

This is really TOO much...

I am going for a lie down.

JJ :cool:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
This blo**dy wet UK weather doesn't help much either !
This is my third summer with Moho and it's been a real challenge booking leave from work to coincide with half decent weather and not been very successful so far :eek:
Tried Loire valley France this year, what could go wrong in June / July ? Yep, you guessed, rain for the 4/5 days when we weren't travelling far and hoped to be sight seeing.
Still love the MoHo though and no thoughts to pack in

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We've not been anywhere in ours since we came back from Italy with a poorly hound. We're missing the short breaks away we would have been enjoying, but Blue's not up to travel at all. I started looking at jobs to do on the van but the costs are racking up and the problems are down to crappy components (Polyplastic windows and Reich Ebox) and on top of vet's bills, it's money I'm not keen to spend. So my mojo is severely dented but I just love the flexibility of the van and hopefully things will pick up soon.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 185831

She's still gorgeous thanks John, although I think she's less than impressed with her new equafleece suit..maybe mulberry isn't her colour? It's great though as it's waterproof and keeps her clean, last winter every walk ended in a bath! :eek:

I've heard keyhole is so much better, is she still a delight?

My two have an Equafleece but we went for colour coded. They don't mind wearing them at all....and as you say, it keeps them clean. ..... She's gorgeous. And stylish!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Other than our trip to Italy in May the moho has largely sat unused on our drive this year. Partly due to family stuff but also because I've lost my moho mojo...
Not sure why but it doesn't feel exciting anymore.

In an endeavour to retrieve said mojo we are heading off to France for 2 weeks. A few nights at twin lakes then onto the ile de rey and it's beautiful sun drenched beaches.

Surely time spent with Funsters and another trip with our greatest Funster Besties @cliffandger will restore my equilibrium....

Anybody else lost their urge to set off? And what did you do to retrieve it?
I reckon one of the things to keep your mo ho mo jo working is to seek out completely new challenges or places to go in the van. Your earlier trip this year to Italy sounded adventurous to me, but I bet there are still different destinations / countries you haven't been to yet?

Could seek out somewhere nearer or father away. What about trying the Shetlands; or Hungry; or Norway? Perhaps you've done them all.

We go to France a lot, but this year spent two weeks in Austria - loved it. We normally head south - like many - for better weather, which always chases away the blues. But the other year nearly got stuck in a snowdrift in the Highlands on our way to the Outer Hebrides - a great adventure all round.

Others will have done far more exciting trips no doubt, but for me the secret is to do something new and different for you!!

We are fortunate to enjoy other types of holidays too, but still wouldn't be without our van - always ready for the next adventure. (y)

Hope you get your mo-jo back soon. :)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
You are badly in need of vintherapy.(y)

Hope to catch up with you both at twin lakes.:cool:

When do you anticipate arriving?:cautious:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
You are badly in need of vintherapy.(y)

Hope to catch up with you both at twin lakes.:cool:

When do you anticipate arriving?:cautious:

Hi Phil, great news that you will be there! We cross today 5.30pm hoping to have oysters at le Crotoy tonight. How long will it take us to drive down? 2 days? So Saturday arrival?
We may have to go via a Battery shop cos I think we have issues :eek:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not lost my Moho mojo but after the summer away (5 and a half months this year) it is nice to get back to a house (as small as ours is) and have a bit of space. But it's not long before the van is back on the road even if only for short trips.

One thing that helps us through the winter is having the camperstop next door and meeting new people and reacquainting ourselves with old friends. It still feels like we're motorhoming in a way!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I shared this experience with my friends on the good morning thread recently, it raised a few laughs and is part of my holiday....

In preparation for my hollibobs, which I hope is going to be filled with baking hot sunny days spent at the beach on the Ile de Rey :whistle:
I decided as I'd left it too late to loose weight a camouflage in the form of a spray tan was in order.

It's years since I had one but I was hopeful that spray tan technology had moved on and I wasn't going to smell like a stale biscuit for 2 weeks, with patchy orange tinged skin.

Step forward to the beauty salon and I'm met by Bethan the very young girl who's going to be making me gorgeous.
Everything about Bethan is pert....she's got a little pert nose, a tiny pert bum and pert boobs showing through her bra less top :unsure: I'm immediately doubtful that this is my best ideal and feel huge in comparison, there's probably 30 years and at least 30 lbs between us!

She hands me a robe and 2 tiny packages, one is a hairband, the other is a minute black paper g string :eek: I'm instructed to strip off and put them on, she will be back in a minute.

Standing naked in what essentially is a cupboard I struggle to balance and get the g string on...it only fits on 1 leg WTF!
I start to get really flustered as I'm aware she could come back in at any moment, I try the other leg but no, it's definitely not getting higher than my thigh and actually as I'm hopping about I see it's only got one hole...I mutter some rude words under my breath as I realise I'm trying to use the hairband as pants!
I remove the hairband from my leg, quickly slap it on my head where it belongs and unwrap the g string.
Luckily this has 2 holes for legs and a very small bit that's supposed to protect my modesty. More importantly it's very very stretchy and fits. Thanking the good lord I step onto 2 sticky pads the lovely Bethan has left to protect the soles of my feet from the spray, it's like standing on a mouse mat :eek: and of course one foot isn't on properly so poor old Beth gets a right eye full when she chooses that moment to come in, just as I'm bending over trying to unstick my dodgy foot.

Trying to break the ice I proclaim,
"underneath this untoned, cellulite flabby body beats the heart of an Olympian ha ha "

"Oh" says Beth in her little pert welsh accent
" were you in the Olympics?"

"Errrr no I was just trying to be funny"

"Ahh, You don't particularly have a sporty body" she says as she bends down to fiddle with the spraying machine. :confused:

I'm standing naked in a lopsided hair band, wearing paper string and a brave smile, I think she misses my eye rolling. :rolleyes:
This is definitely not my finest hour, 4 kids and numerous hospital appointments haven't prepared me for the insecurity I feel as she eyes me up and down before she starts the spraying and I feel like the Forth bridge as cold compressed air and brown creosote like spray fills the air as she wafts the spray gun in my direction.

I'm told to assume strange contorted positions, thankfully conversation isn't possible over the noise of the machine, only Bethan's demands..

"Place your arms under your boobs and lift".... that's it my humiliation is complete... When was the last time my boobs remained upright on their own? Possibly around 1996?!
I'm tempted to grab hold of my nipples and yank upwards instead but I feel the gesture would be lost on Bethan and also slightly painful.

Finally it's over, the ritual is complete, I'm damp and sticky, smelling of stale biscuits and a rather alarmingly coffee colour:eek:

I'm not allowed to put my underwear on and I was feeling smug that I'd come prepared and worn dark baggy clothes but I'm feeling less smug now as I walk through town bra less in a t shirt!

I arrive home to be met by howls of laughter from my sons who kindly call me an umpalumpa. My skin is definitely getting darker too, as I strip off to get in the shower I catch a sight of myself in the mirror....

Bubbles Devere from little Britain stares back at me...

"Champagne anyone?"

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I must admit from time to time I get like that, but its really just because we cant get away, so I think I dont want t oget away, but as soon as we do get away, were glad we did and want to it again. If you can follow that please explian it to me.

Mojo restored

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back