• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Hymer 534 £14000. (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hymer front view.jpg hymer profile.jpg hymer speedo.jpg cooker hymer.jpgrear lounge hymer.jpg sink oven fridge Hymer..jpg oven hymer .jpg
Hymermobil 534 1996 on Fiat Ducato, 2.5 turbo diesel engine. Left hand drive, 2 previous owners, good tyre tread , speedo converted to mph recorded 90,000 miles, cam belt change 72,000 miles MOT till April 2019. i have owned for last 7 yrs. All service documents, history and Hymer full user guide manual. New starter battery and 110 amp leisure battery fitted. Traumatic boiler supplying hot water and warm air circulation. Thetford electric flush cassette. Smev 3 burner hotplate. fitted oven. A frame drop down bed, U shape rear lounge converts to large double. used for winter ski trips.
Bad bits; Hail damage as seen in pics Hail damage Hymer.jpg not affected habitation, N/s rear lens has a crack not affected by MOT. well used but not showing her age. ready to drive away.
only £14,000

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I always thought the 534 had the best possible layout in a smaller van. Two people can easily lounge in the U shape lounge and good visibility all round. A good buy for someone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I always thought the 534 had the best possible layout in a smaller van.
We've just bought a slightly newer 534, and after only two nights away we are thinking it is a brilliant layout, as we thought it would be.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
What are the tyre dates and how many years since the cam belt change please? I know someone who may be interested.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Thanks, so cambelt is due again (overdue actually). The tyre details you've given are not the date codes, could you find those please, the date is in the form of a four digit number, usually at the end of a letter/number combination beginning with "dot".

D.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Reading all them codes on tyres if not used to it can be confusing. Perhaps if he told you when he brought new tyres or if not how long he owned the van it would give you a rough idea. Not perfect I know but to people not in the trade the codes can be confusing.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Reading all them codes on tyres if not used to it can be confusing. Perhaps if he told you when he brought new tyres or if not how long he owned the van it would give you a rough idea. Not perfect I know but to people not in the trade the codes can be confusing.
There is plenty of info available about reading tyre date codes, it's not difficult really. Look for the "dot code" this is the series of letters and numbers preceded with "dot". There is a "dot code" on both sidewalls of the tyre, but the date code will only be on one side, often the inner side of the tyre and if it is then it can be difficult to see.

Fact is it needs a cambelt and possibly five tyres, that's going to take a grand off its value straight away. I have two friends who are both in the market for a motorhome around this price point but both are savvy to these details and there importance.

D.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Was not saying age un important just trying to help. Some people struggle with numbers etc.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Was not saying age un important just trying to help. Some people struggle with numbers etc.
i appreciate what you say but if somebody can understand £14000 then they should be able to manage a four digit date code.somebody

D.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It really needs a new cam belt after 18000 miles? How often should they be changed?

Five year interval regardless of mileage.

D.

I'm always concerned when a vehicle doesn't do many miles per year. If a vehicle of mine was only doing a few thousand per year I'd be fitting a complete kit yearly.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
i appreciate what you say but if somebody can understand £14000 then they should be able to manage a four digit date code.somebody

D.
As long as their eyesight is better than mine,,,With bi focals when bending down i can see bugger all.BUSBY:D2:D2:D2

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm always concerned when a vehicle doesn't do many miles per year. If a vehicle of mine was only doing a few thousand per year I'd be fitting a complete kit yearly.
WHY,,? not necessary,,,BUSBY.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Dave.
I would of thought you would be able to read a number plate.:)
Typical motor trader genetic defect.
Can spot a tyre date code at 10000 miles but can’t read a number plate

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
No not really
Just trying to ensure that potential buyers are not scared off by your negative posts
What negative posts? I have two separate friends that are in the market for a motorhome in this price range, I'm simply trying to establish a few basic details before I tell them about it. Far from being negative I'm actually trying to help the guy sell his motorhome potentially. How exactly is that negative????

D.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What negative posts? I have two separate friends that are in the market for a motorhome in this price range, I'm simply trying to establish a few basic details before I tell them about it. Far from being negative I'm actually trying to help the guy sell his motorhome potentially. How exactly is that negative????

D.

By suggesting that based on the number plate that the advertised vehicle may not be genuine

Maybe you should offer an apology for your mistake ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

D.

Well you were suggesting this was a Toyota a bit earlier which might give the impression this is a scam advert, which it clearly isn’t. I know that wasn’t your intention, but I think that’s what Robert meant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back