BEST trip ever! Where was yours and why? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Dare I say it seems as though you spend more time posting on your recently discovered Fun forum than you do in your motorhome!

:rofl:

JJ :cool:
I told you I am bored and I can't type and drive :D

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are currently at Bergues in northern France, ferry from Calais in the morning.

Our favourite aire has been Pont a Mousson, lovely outlook, power, water, showers even washing machine and tumble drier for €10 a night.

1CFFA817-9ADA-45D6-88E9-F53B032EBEE8.jpeg

Paul

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We enjoy the journey, what's the rush I don't understand? Can pull over anywhere, have a shower (water heated as you go along) then cook a full roast dinner, have some drinks, or lounge around at the huge rear lounge watching TV if you want, have a sleep, wake up, Fresh coffee reading the latest on the forum through wifi link while on the toilet followed by WASH HANDS then cook full breakfast with cereal, toast, fresh juices from the huge fridge, yogurt, then washed down with bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato, beans, fried bread. Get in drivers seat and head off ALL without getting out of the van. Am in a Morelo, NO a Swift 596 (y) :D
This is why we enjoy our hobby 596 you do it your way and others do it theirs and we can all adapt to what or how we want to do it at any time.(y) After thirty+ years with many changes, including wives I still enjoy the van. I will be using it next month to stop one night at Gatwick before parking it up and hopping on an early flight for a 4 hour trip to the sun. :cool: It will be there when I get back a couple of weeks later ready for my next trip to wherever it takes me.:)

Reactions: 596

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our trips abroad are all the same, we love it so much we never change destination, if we do we're always underwhelmed and can't wait to arrive at the main event... BENIDORM! ?❤?
It has everything for everyone, all tastes and needs are catered for. 5 star food, fantastic waterpark, spectacular free live music in bars that I've never seen the likes of before, Queen and Spanish Beatles are brill.
And it's all very cheap.
Most (not all) people who don't like it have never been.

Oh and there's bar street in the middle for the teenagers ?

We actively avoid all those things, as our taste is peace and quiet. We like a nice beach and cycle paths, along the seafront or through the orange groves.

Mrs QFour

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
This is why we enjoy our hobby 596 you do it your way and others do it theirs and we can all adapt to what or how we want to do it at any time.(y) After thirty+ years with many changes, including wives I still enjoy the van. I will be using it next month to stop one night at Gatwick before parking it up and hopping on an early flight for a 4 hour trip to the sun. :cool: It will be there when I get back a couple of weeks later ready for my next trip to wherever it takes me.:)
Live and let live, the diversity is what makes it great, something for everyone like threads you choose to read and reply to, nobody forces anyone to buy a van or read a thread, BUT you could miss out on something you never knew existed or be inspired, I read everything :D

Sorry for the late reply the gardener has not turned up to cut the hedges :rolleyes: I got up this morning and she has gone into London to work, you just can’t get the wives nowadays:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
For us, it was proly Croatia via Germany and Austria.. We both love Germany and Austria but the coast of Croatia is wonderful..
My son calls it the WOW ! coast....Every time you go round a bend the scene brings forth another WOW !

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Our trips abroad are all the same, we love it so much we never change destination, if we do we're always underwhelmed and can't wait to arrive at the main event... BENIDORM! ?❤?
It has everything for everyone, all tastes and needs are catered for. 5 star food, fantastic waterpark, spectacular free live music in bars that I've never seen the likes of before, Queen and Spanish Beatles are brill.
And it's all very cheap.

Full of drunk British people... I couldn't think of a worse place to visit if I'm honest..

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Disappointed that all the posts are about the Continent and not the UK! I am looking forward to discovering our own country and was looking to hear of all your favourite places here.:confused:
Aye, I was hoping for more home grown locations..
I was actually looking for just somewhere to drive and park for the day (Sunday) that had a good view, just somewhere quiet that I could put the chair out and relax in amongst nice scenery that is also MH accessible.. I seem to be falling short to

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Aye, I was hoping for more home grown locations..
I was actually looking for just somewhere to drive and park for the day (Sunday) that had a good view, just somewhere quiet that I could put the chair out and relax in amongst nice scenery that is also MH accessible.. I seem to be falling short to

Golden Valley near Castlemorton looks a nice spot not to far away from you.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
It was in the 60’s,I was just a student havin’ a good time.......everybody did it then. But I can’t remember where it took me.:mad::mad::eek:o_O:dance2:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We’ve only just got our camper.
Best ever holiday was tenting. Drove to Bordeaux, left car in carpark for 10 days. Packed tents and panniers into bikes and cycled along the Garonne / Canal du Midi / Robine to Port la Nouvelle on the Med.
Stunning scenery, met lovely people and felt a sense of achievement ... especially my 9 year old son.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And it's all very cheap.

We love Beni as well
When we used to go down to Zahora we found that after about 6 weeks we actively looked forward to going home.
Every year we have been to Beni the time has flown by, and we are always amazed that a couple of months could pass so quickly...
But Beni is not a trip, it is a destination ( for us ) so did not include it
Roll on the time we can get back there with all the other Funsters, and party hearty again !!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Disappointed that all the posts are about the Continent and not the UK! I am looking forward to discovering our own country and was looking to hear of all your favourite places here.:confused:
Having toured and worked as a dispatch rider covering the whole of the UK, the main thing you will discover is it is expensive, very poor motorhome facilities and in a lot of places motorhomes are made to feel either 2nd class or unwelcome ! ( I am comparing the UK to pretty much any of the other 23 Eu countries we have been to )

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Why don't we have motorhome parks in Britain? Big field, 10 quid a night, sewage disposal and water tap, done. We'd definitely use them. ?

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We enjoyed Corsica, a lot !

Chuffing expensive to get over on the ferry but well worth it. Amazing food (also expensive), Caribbean like water with some lovely coves and ports.

On our list to do a Corsica, Sardinia tour next time.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
We are at Honfleur atm, one of our favourites and not too far from Calais. But I could list many - Le Treport funicular aire, Brantome, Sarlat, St Palais sur Mer.
At La Rocque Gageac at the mo. Heading up to Brittany tomorrow and could well end up at Honfleur towards the end of next week. Is it still rammed with visitors just now?

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Day trip to Castlemorton has been put on hold.... It's pissing down :frowny:
Will have to have the picnic Mother prepared, in the house instead :D

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I won a holiday to Costa lot many years ago, didn't like it much but no not been to Benidorm directly. It sounds like the Blackpool of Spain

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I won a holiday to Costa lot many years ago, didn't like it much but no not been to Benidorm directly. It sounds like the Blackpool of Spain
Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Jaws looking forward to catching up with you both in La Torretta bar in January! Woohoo!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The wilderness in the North of Norway and Finland. Best get a move on for Norway as they are rapidly trashing theirs for mass transit routes up there and renewables and mining for renewables.

When I first went in 2013 it was beautiful, hardly saw another vehicle for a day whilst travelling in the Finnish wilderness.

I ended up at Nordkapp on midsummers eve in 2013, the sun was out it was a great adventure.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
something for everyone in benidorm apart from the front strip its more like eastbourne gods waiting room

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
My favourite motorhome trip was in 2014 through Eastern Europe; Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia (not necessarily in that order). We freedom camped 80% of the time and we met so many interesting people en route. Of the above mentioned countries, Romania would be my favourite. The architecture was amazing. I will admit the roads were pot-holed in some places, but we were in no hurry. In fact, at one time we were over-taken by a horse and cart! In my defence I will explain that the horse was galloping out of control through a village and came to an abrupt halt when it ploughed through a picket fence and into the front of a cottage.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The best trip away I would say was the first one we ever took,for that reason.
But have to agree Norway
Is so magnificent scenery.
Coming up through Sweden rapidly with a purpose in mind ,to see the lights and the weather has been good to us
DSCF0619.JPG

Parked near Narvic at the moment for a spot of fishing and had another good showing of the NL
But cloudy sky

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back