BEST trip ever! Where was yours and why? (3 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
What is FLT please ?
FLT is short for Free Loading Tosser. A wild camping term and the subject of many a heated debate on Motorhome Fun. For many, it is a term of endearment placed upon those who do not use campsites but choose to use the option of free parking spots and/or free Aires. Some members believe this should not be allowed because the people are not spending any money, Yet everybody who takes their motorhome abroad spends money with the local community through purchases of food, fuel, bars, restaurants, museums, etc., etc.,. and this is exactly what we do, saving money on campsites allows us to direct it elsewhere and make our trip more enjoyable. We do occasionally use campsites for service stops, use of facilities, washing machines etc., etc., Anyway, members will make there own judgement as to the rights and wrong of living in your motorhome outside of a campsite. Safe Travels.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Philandmena, thanks for explaining FLT. I had been trying to work it out for while but didn’t want to come across as ignorant and was very glad when Dogsense asked the question.
I now realise that I am a FLT ... and I am proud to be outed!
I would estimate that 80% of NZ motorhomers could also be called FLTs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philandmena, thanks for explaining FLT. I had been trying to work it out for while but didn’t want to come across as ignorant and was very glad when Dogsense asked the question.
I now realise that I am a FLT ... and I am proud to be outed!
I would estimate that 80% of NZ motorhomers could also be called FLTs.
Welcome aboard and yes there are many proud FLT's on the forum and we seem to be a good lot who have an attitude of live and let live. Although, sadly my FLT crown slipped quite badly when Lenny HB pointed out to the whole forum my wife and I spent a considerable amount of time in Campsites when we were in Morocco earlier this year. (I did point out that it was in the FLT code-of-practice/Rules that FLTT's were allowed the option of using campsites on occasions) However, this was, I'm sure, considered to be a lilylivered, second rate excuse and my reputation has taken a bit of a hammering. Bugger ! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
My favourite destinations in the UK include Derbyshire, especially around Bakewell, North Norfolk, The New Forest and Dorset.

We are in the Motorhome and Caravan Club. We use the CLs, as we like the quiet five site pitches. We do use the club sites, out of season especially if we need a long hot shower and a washing machine.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The VERY Best?. Has to be the 5 years we spent, and 20.000miles touring the United States. From the Mexican Border to the Canadian Border. And Rarely anywhere you would regard as "touristy". Never EVER seen so many stars as when wild camping in Montana, by lake having watched all the wildlife come to drink and then sat around a genuine on the ground "campfire" till the early morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back