• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Bailey autograph 79-6 2018 150 Miles, 2 weeks old (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Regretably we are selling our brand new Bailey. We have literally used this for 2 nights and covered approximately 150 Miles in it. It’s literally 2 weeks old, collected it on 21st March!

Unfortunately it just doesn’t suit us as a family, we are missing the overcab bed arrangement that we had in our 760se which we owned for 5 years.

The 2018 model has many advantages over the 2017 one, updated upholstery design, alloy wheels, satellite navigation all fitted as standard. This is like buying a brand new one but at a big discounted price. Also comes with fiamma 4 bike rack fitted.

There is no finance on it and it’s hp I clear, purchased from cranham caravans at Hatfield peveral.

£52000 which is a big saving over a new one!

Thank you

Stuart
AF859622-9108-44BD-AB4E-A2BA8DF49773.jpeg
C0F47F59-204E-4DDE-B6F4-654099D0AB60.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whizzer
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
it definitely is and such a shame as well, we really thought it would be the perfect replacement of our 760se

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
have you thought about taking it back to the dealer? they can sometimes be a little sympathetic with these things especially if you buy another van from them.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Why not negotiate a sale or return deal with a dealer. That's how I've sold many of our vans. I've always found this way of selling financially beneficial. You also do away with any hassle. Good luck .

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
You must be so disappointed. As others have said, it would be worth having a word with the dealership. I hope things go well for you and that you don’t loose too much money. Good luck!

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Forgive me but .....tell the kids to be be grateful and enjoy....

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
So sad, hope all goes well.

OP
OP
Whizzer
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Thank you for all the supportive posts, it is a shame and the kids do love the Bailey, the layout is not correct for us and there is no point in keeping it as we will end up not enjoying using it. We have bought a new Swift Kontiki 649 which has an overcab arrangement. I hope somebody will get the use from the Bailey and enjoy it as it is a great Motorhome

Deleted User
Appreciate you have already moved on, however, interested to know what didn't suit, I assume it is the fact that you lose your front dinette when the forward bed is made up? The Kontiki looks a massive beast of a motorhome with every possible configuration so I am sure you will be very happy in it and hope you get a quick sale as you currently have over £100k tied up in motorhomes.

Deleted User
Why not negotiate a sale or return deal with a dealer. That's how I've sold many of our vans. I've always found this way of selling financially beneficial. You also do away with any hassle. Good luck .
Eh? Might be mistaken, however, think he took delivery in March, a bit late to negotiate a sale or return deal

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Put on autotrader and ebay.
Good time to sell soon as begining of season.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Seems there are a few of the same model already on Autotrader, but 'if the price is right' as they say.

Broken Link Removed

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
problem with buying used private is most people will want a stonking deal over a dealer and I mean "stonking" - Second problem you have is a dealer has the finance cards, the footfall and the gimicks to throw in... I know it's not what you want to hear but I would be simply amazed if you picked the price up you want which is a real shame.

The other way would be using someone like John Cross to sell it on your behalf off their forecourt. They normally look for about 10% of sale price though.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We did the same with a new swift Voyager a few years back and the dealer offered half of what we paid ,we we're unhappy just a few months into using the new one. We stick with it for 3 years and got he same back, so we had another 3 years use from it.
We lost quite abit on changing mtororhomes over the years.

OP
OP
Whizzer
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Appreciate you have already moved on, however, interested to know what didn't suit, I assume it is the fact that you lose your front dinette when the forward bed is made up? The Kontiki looks a massive beast of a motorhome with every possible configuration so I am sure you will be very happy in it and hope you get a quick sale as you currently have over £100k tied up in motorhomes.

You are correct, when the bed is down you obviously loose a big portion of the Motorhome, with an overcab you don’t have this issue. We also like the overcab for daytime storage of bedding. The Kontiki is the only van with this layout now, shouldn’t have an issue with space in this one!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back